PDA

View Full Version : Zerg like character, don't want to have to use synth. Summoner * Pathfinder

nysisobli
2015-02-19, 04:12 PM
I am having trouble building a character, which never happens to me, to all those who are familar with heart of the swarm, I am trying to build a character who over each level incorporates the best part of his enemies into himself, we are starting at level 3, and he is letting me use the race building guidelines.

The things it must have, some kind of bone appendage that can be used as sword, (claw attack will work) flight, natural armor, and over time things like acid spit and other fun goodies like that.

This game will be in a space travel type scenario and I am just at a loss, I have a bit of a reputation in my group as a power gamer, so I don't want to go summoner if I can get away with it.

Zaq
2015-02-19, 04:16 PM
Are you limited to Pathfinder material only, or is 3.5 material fair game? Because if you can use 3.5 material, I recommend you look at the Totemist, from Magic of Incarnum. It seems to fit what you're looking for perfectly.

Forrestfire
2015-02-19, 04:21 PM
Alternatively (and still 3.5, though), a warlock. Refluff abilities as needed, grabbing the Eldritch Claws feat to give you a pair of morphable bone swords/claws, base eldritch blast for various nasty spit/projectile attacks, Fell Flight for flight, Summon Swarm early on to represent having a swarm of little zerg bugs/etc around, and various other things as you level up.

For sticking to normal PF, Dreamscarred Press' Akashic Mysteries likely has something similar to the Totemist, which could be neat.

Almarck
2015-02-19, 04:27 PM
In the same vein as Forestfire's post, maybe you can consider running Akashic Mysteries (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?349964-Dreamscarred-Press-Introduces-Akashic-Mysteries). The idea is that veils would be your evolutiions preprared for the day, with the energies being ran through your body changing your body in drastic ways as a form of "adaptive mutation".

I'd run Guru or Daevic myself. The only downside is that it's 3rd party, but most people I know like Dreamscarred Press, so if your table allows psionics or martial initiators, it'll work.

The alternative would be to run Hunter and have your pet be some sort of dinosaur or other animal to say is a zerg creature at your beck and thrall. Given that you can use magic to change yourself, it should work.

KingAtomsk
2015-02-19, 04:28 PM
Illithid Savant if you want to literally incorporate your fallen enemies' abilities into your own.

Feint's End
2015-02-19, 04:42 PM
There is the Aegis from Dreamscarred Press and if you use the Aberrant archetype you can get pretty much this. You can shoot spikes, get flight, tentacles etc. Works for every race too.

It's way more balanced than the Summoner too.

Ravens_cry
2015-02-19, 05:13 PM
You could be something that uses the Vermin Shape series of spells? As a druid, you could take a Vermin Companion as well, Desert Druid can take the form of Vermin, and you could also take Vermin Heart feat to affect Vermin with Wild Empathy.

Vhaidara
2015-02-19, 05:32 PM
I have a thing! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?397272-Base-Class-The-Mutant-(I-Wanna-be-an-Eidolon!))

This class was made to be able to play with evolutions without needing to be a summoner. And I would love it if I could get a playtester.

IZ42
2015-02-19, 06:28 PM
Seconded Aberrant Aegis and Keledrath's Mutant class. They seem to have what you're looking for.