PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed...

Hoorex
2007-04-07, 12:00 AM
This may have been said in a previous thread, but I'm slightly lazy so flame away if it has, but has anyone noticed the fact that all of the Oots PC's are being seperated? First V, then Roy, now Belkar? Who next and how? What do you guys think?

NeonRonin
2007-04-07, 12:09 AM
I had indeed noticed the gradual separation of the six members of the Order; didn't give it too much thought because it actually fits in pretty well as a genre convention- the division of the team players into separate areas, giving each one individually a chance to shine through carefully edited scene changes.

Problem is, we haven't seen Durkon or Haley that much as of late. I'm hoping they get their moments in the sun soon, or I shall be rather put out.

Oh well. I can wait until Rich decides to clue us in on their fate... for now.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-07, 11:51 AM
Durkon will probably obtain a gem and end up ressurecting someone/something.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-07, 01:54 PM
well it's a large city with a lot of separate points of action.

DraPrime
2007-04-07, 07:33 PM
Haley, Elan, and Durkon have sort of dissapeared. Elan slightly less than the other 2. As much as I hate Miko I think that it would be cool if she broke out and killed tons of hobgoblins. Then she can die due to a swarm of undead. Or Belkar. Or Hinjo. Or Xykon. Or Redcloak. Or any other random person who has the great honor of killing her. Maybe my avatar. He looks awesome enough to take Miko down.

Hephaestus
2007-04-08, 09:26 AM
I think now that the Xykon clone at the gap is leading a huge group of ghouls up the corpse/ramp that Durkon's services are needed down that end, being a mid/high level cleric and all. Elan's a bard so his music will come in handy wherever he goes. Haley's an archer, The poison Arrow on that landed on the ground refired into Redcloaks leg would do to put her in the spotlight.

tis_tom
2007-04-08, 09:40 AM
Well it's a shame that Durkon is so far away from the wall breach. That coupled with his dwarven legs makes it kinda hard for him to help out with all those ghouls/ghasts :-\

Threeshades
2007-04-08, 09:42 AM
Durkon will probably obtain a gem and end up ressurecting someone/something.

Or he will break out Thor's Might once again and go smite something. Or both.

BisectedBrioche
2007-04-08, 10:04 AM
TBH I still like my own "Roy'll kill the zombie dragon and Durkon will resurrect it as a silver dragon" theory.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-08, 10:05 AM
i like bisected's idea, will certianly give the OoTS a powerful ally for the battle and after

Seragon
2007-04-08, 10:18 AM
Alas, this the one true mistake of a group of heros, overconifdence to the point they split up the party. This will truely be there downfall because everyone knows you never split up the party. It is rule one of adventuring, the GM plans his encounters based off the party being together so if you split the party and managed to POP a planned encounter, those who are there get overwhelmed.

I think this is Redcloak and Zylon's actual plan. Knowing the group should not seperate because encounters are planned for the entire party (heck, Zyvlon proably used his Teevo and took a peek at the GM's notes), they devised a way to seperate them and then let the GM's planned ecounters take them out. I predict this is the beginning of the end for our foolhardy group of adventurers. ;)

Hazkali
2007-04-08, 10:28 AM
Problem is, we haven't seen Durkon or Haley that much as of late. I'm hoping they get their moments in the sun soon, or I shall be rather put out.

I totally agree. Durkon especially needs some action. We haven't seen him for the last 7 strips and he was peripheral to both the Elan-and-Hayley and Miko storylines, so it would be good for him to get his own subplot.

:durkon: rocks!

Nightmarenny
2007-04-08, 11:48 AM
Alas, this the one true mistake of a group of heros, overconifdence to the point they split up the party. This will truely be there downfall because everyone knows you never split up the party. It is rule one of adventuring, the GM plans his encounters based off the party being together so if you split the party and managed to POP a planned encounter, those who are there get overwhelmed.

I think this is Redcloak and Zylon's actual plan. Knowing the group should not seperate because encounters are planned for the entire party (heck, Zyvlon proably used his Teevo and took a peek at the GM's notes), they devised a way to seperate them and then let the GM's planned ecounters take them out. I predict this is the beginning of the end for our foolhardy group of adventurers. ;)Xykon didn't know the Order was going to be there. They have no plan regarding them.

Threeshades
2007-04-08, 12:13 PM
i like bisected's idea, will certianly give the OoTS a powerful ally for the battle and after

let's leave the last 2 words out.

Hoorex
2007-04-08, 01:48 PM
I think that maybe miko and the LG will break out, and then we can have some classic Nale/Elan and Haley/Sabine(sp?) and durkon... I unno. I don't care as he kinda just gets on my nerves.

Hushdawg
2007-04-08, 03:02 PM
It's a great way to tell extra segments of each character's story and develop the personalities more through the combat and show them cooperating (in V and Haley's cases) and working with the Azure City guard.

As for Durkon and Haley, I would wager that he's taking care of Haley's after-effects of Xykon's spell. After all, that's some nasty stuff.