PDA

View Full Version : Stupidest thing you've ever done in character

Naez
2015-02-19, 04:57 PM
I was playing a campaign where we rolled 4d6 remove lowest 1 but we rolled our stats in order and had to keep them. I wound up with a 7 int character (I hate negative int). I made a half-orc barbarian. So first chance I got which happened to be in a cave I flew into a rage and caused a cave-in to kill myself and finish the objective which was to kill all the kobolds in the cave.

What's the dumbest thing you've ever done?

Mr Adventurer
2015-02-19, 05:03 PM
Let the Grey Knight scrape the rune off the wall.

Thatwarforged
2015-02-19, 05:18 PM
Rolled a natural 20 on a survival check to get things in a forest, found a weird mushroom. Rolled a natural 20 on knowledge nature to find out what it was. The mushroom when consumed put you in a frenzy like a 10th level frenzied beserker. Put it in my pack when we found the locals (which were Pikmen) i hulk smashed the pikmen into the ground save for its head. Tried to find a openening in its head for it to eat, decided to shove it into its ear. It flower caught on fire as it tried to get out of the ground, after a minute it stoped and the flower became a leaf and it became mindless. Got me a new minnion and the gm gave me a pack that spawned one mushroom each day.

Tindragon
2015-02-19, 05:25 PM
Drank out of the fountain in the middle of the abandoned wizards keep...

Glorius Nippon
2015-02-19, 05:59 PM
DM: "You guy see a pegasus flying along."

ME: *evil chuckle "Well, I'm going to shoot it". (first session with an uber range build I spent a week making)

So for those of you who don't know, there's a variant of fighter called Targeteer (think it's from dragon magazine) that let's you give up attacks in exchange for a higher crit range.

I shoot and miss for a few times, and finally right as it's about to get away.

ME: "All I need is a ******* 15 or higher" * rolls, "**** YEA NATURAL 20"

DM: "Well... so the arrow flies through the pegasus's *** and through it's skull... congrats"

ME: "So how much XP do I get?"

DM: "..., (amount) xp."

Needless to say, it's friends came by and broke my bow. Just ended up with me getting it rebuilt as a masterwork tho, and note this wasn't a serious campaign.

M Placeholder
2015-02-19, 06:07 PM
Stating out loud in a library that I cannot wait to build an undead army and use it to lay waste to Kyonin. The two Elves and the Priest of Pharasma were not impressed, to say the least.

IZ42
2015-02-19, 06:25 PM
Deciding to hop onto the back of a black dragon to fight a hobgoblin next to a lake, and having the Dragon take off with me on it.

justiceforall
2015-02-19, 06:33 PM
This is back in 3.0. It's kind of a cascade failure...

1. I played a monk. It looked like the most awesome thing ever.
2. I decided for RP reasons I would never use a magic item, and I would refuse to accept magical assistance (ie: buffs) from my allies because that would be cheating in my characters battle against the universe.
3. I had Int 7 and Cha 7 which I attempted to roleplay.

An example of how well this went for me - I was 3rd? level at the time or so. We run across an enormous black full plated guy in the middle of the forest who had a greatsword he held in one hand. Being heros, and apparently morons, we attack for reasons that escape me. My fellow PC charges him - guy has the Hold the Line feat, hits him for a zillion damage and almost kills him in one swing.

I decide, because I'm Int 7, that also charging this guy is a good idea. My character has AC 12.

Splat.

Somehow we live, and the guy after beating the unholy crap out of us leaves, probably because we are so far beneath him its not worth the time to kill us?

We run into him a second time some number of adventures later. See previous encounter - except this time in the opening round he one shots our rogue, then coup de graces him. After watching this, my "heroic" remaining party members refuse to fight him. I however charge...

Sigh!

Karl Aegis
2015-02-19, 07:11 PM
Being the kind and benevolent soul that I am, I allowed an elf to be spared the blade. Possibly the worst thing I have ever done. Never again.

PseudoPanda
2015-02-19, 07:12 PM
Tomb of Horrors, my character puts his hand into a sphere of annihilation. Character wasn't even supposed to be stupid I just wasn't paying attention, at least I didn't follow through with my original plan which was to stick my head into the "hole"

Th3N3xtGuy
2015-02-19, 07:13 PM
So I was low level and this old elf town elder(important to the story arch) wouldn't pay me fully, even though a random npc did half the work. I decided to swing at him with my longsword. It was teleported out of my hands :(. So logically, the next step was to bite him in the neck...

Red Fel
2015-02-19, 08:03 PM
Hugged a Lammasu.

As an Evil Outsider.

... I was tired of that campaign anyway...

Milodiah
2015-02-19, 08:19 PM
Through an only semi-deliberate misinterpretation of the Spider Climb spell, I broke myself and another PC out of prison by chugging a potion of the aforementioned as well as casting Expeditious Retreat, throwing a chair through a window, grabbing the (inexplicably naked) other guy and piggybacking him on me, then running down the building, up and down the perimeter wall, and over some outlying structures all at 20+mph.

weckar
2015-02-19, 08:22 PM
My character took up unwanted residence in a sentient castle. It did not end well.

atemu1234
2015-02-19, 09:00 PM
Talked to Asmodeus.

Yael
2015-02-19, 09:02 PM
You remember the unoficial "Never split the party" rule, right?

I fotgot about that while on a labyrinth in the abyss, my character made it, when it turned back it had labeled: 50 corridors of Malcanthet.

Yeah, I ended up planeshifting alone.

Arbane
2015-02-20, 03:03 AM
Through an only semi-deliberate misinterpretation of the Spider Climb spell, I broke myself and another PC out of prison by chugging a potion of the aforementioned as well as casting Expeditious Retreat, throwing a chair through a window, grabbing the (inexplicably naked) other guy and piggybacking him on me, then running down the building, up and down the perimeter wall, and over some outlying structures all at 20+mph.

If it's stupid and it works, it isn't stupid.

Knaight
2015-02-20, 03:12 AM
I've played some very bright characters, and some very dumb ones - enough that I don't remember the extremes. For the current character though, the big dumb action was either getting roped into intrigue as an obvious disposable pawn, or blowing the cover in said intrigue by openly asking about information that was supposed to be secret. Both were done with full knowledge that it was a terrible idea at the player level, and that the character was just that dumb.

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-20, 10:09 AM
I let our bard throw our bottle of anti-magic water at a statue with runes that let it become animated if we got too close. He rolled a one. Our tiefling died.

Inevitability
2015-02-20, 10:17 AM
If it's stupid and it works, it isn't stupid.

Tell that to the invisible tower shield guys... :smallwink:

JohnDaBarr
2015-02-20, 11:10 AM
Tell that to the invisible tower shield guys... :smallwink:

Hahahaa classic!
Also this makes me think, if someone would have an invisible melee weapon would that mean that the target losses Dex from the AC because it can't see the attack (technically the weapon).

Now back to topic:
I cast a fireball in a warehouse stacked full with oil barrels.

Malimar
2015-02-20, 11:36 AM
Came across a cavern full of violet fungi and shrieker mushrooms. Concocted an elaborate plan to get past them. Neglected to confirm with the DM which were the violet fungi and which were the shriekers. Two characters died.