PDA

View Full Version : alignment problem

True believer
2015-02-19, 05:53 PM
Hello people :D

So i am playing a CG Dweomerkeeper of Mystra. I would like to deep into the Mindebender prestige class but the requirement : any nongood is killing me.Due to the fact that we are playing a good campaign the Evil alignment is out of the equation and since i am a cleric of mystra i cannot be a neutral character so i have stacked into be Good.

Is there something i can do in order to enter this PrC ????

illyahr
2015-02-19, 05:58 PM
Mystra is Lawful/Neutral (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mystra). How are you a Chaotic anything and still a cleric? :smallconfused:

LoyalPaladin
2015-02-19, 06:04 PM
Hello people :D

So i am playing a CG Dweomerkeeper of Mystra. I would like to deep into the Mindebender prestige class but the requirement : any nongood is killing me.Due to the fact that we are playing a good campaign the Evil alignment is out of the equation and since i am a cleric of mystra i cannot be a neutral character so i have stacked into be Good.

Is there something i can do in order to enter this PrC ????
Just talk to your DM. There aren't really ways around those requirements, but a DM always has final say.

Mystra is Lawful/Neutral (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mystra). How are you a Chaotic anything and still a cleric? :smallconfused:
I didn't even notice this. That's another valid point. You could just retrofit your character to be Lawful Neutral like Mystra.

Tindragon
2015-02-19, 06:30 PM
Mystra has been listed as Lawful Neutral (and Neutral Good.....)

Not seeing an issue, except maybe how you're Chaotic atm....

Tindragon
2015-02-19, 06:36 PM
Unless your DM is using Mystryl

History:
First Incarnation-
Originally called Mystryl, the goddess of magic was a CN greater power of Limbo within the domain Dweomertor, born during the battle between Shar and Selūne in the dawn of time.

Werephilosopher
2015-02-19, 06:47 PM
Mystra's incarnation during the events of 3.5E is neutral good (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mystra_%28Midnight%29).

True believer
2015-02-19, 07:00 PM
Cleric
Alignment
A cleric’s alignment must be within one step of his deity’s (that is, it may be one step away on either the lawful-chaotic axis or the good-evil axis, but not both). A cleric may not be neutral unless his deity’s alignment is also neutral.

Mystra is Neutral Good, I am Chaotic Good. I dont think i have made any mistake with he alignment.

My DM wouldt delete this requirement , or replace it with something more easy to me to full fill.

kellbyb
2015-02-19, 07:13 PM
Mystra's incarnation during the events of 3.5E is neutral good (http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Mystra_%28Midnight%29).

That page also specifies that clerics of Mystra can be Lawful Neutral.

atemu1234
2015-02-19, 08:57 PM
Also, I can think of a way or two. Namely, rituals of association from Savage Species.

Darth Ultron
2015-02-20, 08:09 PM
Mystra, by-the-book accepts CG, LE, LG, LN and NG.

So you could switch alignment to LN and become a mindbender.

daremetoidareyo
2015-02-20, 08:32 PM
In Power of Faerun, there is a feat called Heretic of the faith.

The prerequisite is divine spellcasting or a code of conduct/patron deity

"You can grossly violate your deities code of conduct, but not your class alignment restriction, without risk of loss of spells or class abilities. If you are a cleric, your alignment may be 2 steps away from your respective deity's alignment instead of just one. (in other words you can violate your deity's alignment restrictions 1 extra step.)"

There is other stuff associated with the feat, but maybe you can swing it that way.

atemu1234
2015-02-20, 08:39 PM

"You can grossly violate your deities code of conduct, but not your class alignment restriction, without risk of loss of spells or class abilities. If you are a cleric, your alignment may be 2 steps away from your respective deity's alignment instead of just one. (in other words you can violate your deity's alignment restrictions 1 extra step.)"

There is other stuff associated with the feat, but maybe you can swing it that way.

This is interesting; though I would like to see one that actually lets you be of another opposed alignment and maintain powers. Though that would only be really interesting as a plot device.

True believer
2015-02-21, 12:45 PM

This is what i was looking !!! Ty m8 !!!!

Tindragon
2015-02-21, 04:04 PM
This is what i was looking !!! Ty m8 !!!!

Why waste a feat when you can rolE play into a new alignment your deity is suited for? Alignment is totally based of Player choices/actions. Just because you started at Chaotic, doesn't mean your're stuck there forever. Unless there is some very, VERY, important fluff to your PC, why waste the feat?