PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Check My Stat Block

Thurbane
2015-02-20, 12:46 AM
HI all,

I'm not a fan of the newer [3.5] stat block, so I have converted this (http://archive.wizards.com/dnd/files/WE_FC2.zip) Aspect of Dispater to the older style stat block. Can you check and see if I've missed anything or have any errors?

ASPECT OF DISPATER

Medium Outsider (Baatezu, Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)

Hit Dice: 13d8+52 (110 hp)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 28 (+2 Dex, +12 natural, +4 shield), touch 12, flat footed 26
Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+17
Attack: Melee lesser Dispater’s rod +20 (1d8+6)
Full Attack: Melee lesser Dispater’s rod +20/+15/+10 (1d8+6)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Rust, summon Baatezu
Special Qualities: DR 10/good, immune fire, immune poison, resist acid 10, resist cold 10, see in darkness, SR 20, telepathy 100 ft.
Saves: Fort +16, Ref +16, Will +14
Abilities: Str 18, Dex 14, Con 19, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16
Skills: Appraise +16, Bluff +19, Concentration +15, Diplomacy +20, Disable Device +16, Disguise +3 (+5 acting), Intimidate +18, Jump +8, Knowledge (architecture) + 13, Knowledge (the planes) +13, Listen +18, Open Lock +15, Search +19 (+21 secret doors), Sense Motive +18, Spot +18, Survival +2 (+4 on other planes or following tracks)
Feats: Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Negotiator, Power Critical (heavy mace), Weapon Focus (heavy mace)
Environment: Iron City of Dis / any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 10
Treasure: See below
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Advancement: -
Level Adjustment: -

An Aspect of Dispater speaks Abyssal, Celestial, Common and Infernal.

Rust (Ex): If an aspect of Dispater succeeds on a touch attack, his touch causes the target metal to corrode, falling to pieces and becoming useless immediately. His touch can destroy a 5-foot cube of metal or any armor or weapon up to Large size instantly. Magic armor, weapons, and other magic items made of metal must succeed on a DC 20 Reflex save or be dissolved. The save DC is Constitution- based.

Summon Baatezu (Sp): Once per day an aspect of Dispater can summon a bearded devil or two bone devils with a 50% chance of success. This is the equivalent of a 5th-level spell (CL 13th).

TYPICAL TREASURE
Each aspect of Dispater carries a version of the Dispater’s rod. This weapon acts as a +2 heavy mace. Aspects are almost always dressed in a few thousand gold worth of jewels and clothing.
Possessions: combat gear (potion of barkskin +4) plus lesser Dispater’s rod, +2 heavy steel shield, cloak of resistance +4, boots of striding and springing.

Morof Stonehands
2015-02-20, 09:29 AM
Yep, looks like everything was converted just fine!

Thurbane
2015-02-20, 04:13 PM
Yep, looks like everything was converted just fine!

Cheers, thanks for that.

Am I the only one who prefers the earlier 3.X stat block to the later one? I find the earlier much easier to read at a glance, which I know is the exact opposite intention (the newer one was designed for "at a glance" reading)?

Morof Stonehands
2015-02-21, 12:03 AM
Nope, I too would much rather see the old stat block. I know where everything is written in it! Sometimes I have a moment or two where I can't seem to find something like speed or DR on the "new" set up.

Thurbane
2015-02-21, 04:55 PM
The Summon Baatezu ability is a bit weird - gee, should I summon one CR 5 devil, or two CR 9 devils? Decisions, decisions...

Morof Stonehands
2015-02-21, 05:38 PM
The way i read it is that the bearded devil was summoned automatically, while the 50% chance of working applied to the other two.