PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Frosty Undead Template for CR +2ish/substitute for 2 Barbarian levels

Spore
2015-02-20, 03:22 AM
Greetings playground,

one of my fellow players has died in combat vs. a Winterwight (an allied one nonetheless) and has come back as a frost encased Zombie of some sort. He was a Samurai 9/Fighter 1/Barbarian 2.

He thinks Juju Zombie is a decent template however this does not really capture the fluff. Basically he lost his soul in a duel and has to serve the Goddess of Cold and (Un)Death now (yes, she is on our side, yet WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS). The Winterwight ripped his heart out, encased it in ice and put it back in the chest. I guess he took the Rage Power that moves the Power Attack penalty from attack to AC but I don't know.

The DM and the player will surely find something fitting but I want to be involved in it somehow because the Winterwight is partially my creation (it serves as ally because my PC promised years of her afterlife).

Pointers:
- Cold Subtype
- Undead Subtype
- Sense of Self
- either good DR or some Charisma bonus for HP (pref. the first)
- some goodies in exchange for lost rage bonus

Zanos
2015-02-20, 04:47 AM
- either good DR or some Charisma bonus for HP (pref. the first)
Undead get charisma in place of constitution when they determine their bonus hit points, so that should be covered by the undead type.

Spore
2015-02-20, 05:21 AM
Undead get charisma in place of constitution when they determine their bonus hit points, so that should be covered by the undead type.

What I'm on about is that the character has Cha 10 and had Con 14 or even 16. He will die a second time pretty quickly if he doesn't get any bonus hitpoints or at least some form of defense. With Cha 10 he is more squishy than my monk.