PDA

View Full Version : Player Help A noob player, looking for more fun with its character :D

Ethiriell
2015-02-20, 11:04 AM
Hey everyone!
Welcome to my little thread. I hope you'll have lots of fun reading/chatting here, and without further ado here is my story :)

We're using pathfinder ( no clue which, we are pretty casual, so I don't think it matters, most rules from 3.5 apply anyway, d20 system etc), and setting is Discworld book series by Terry Prachett.
So far its been tons of fun, and after quite a while i reviewed stuff that I got with multiclasses, etc and realized I have feat slots that I didn't take.
Also, would like to see what you think would be fun to add to my classes, or what would my character benefit the most (or party xD )

Oogg is a Half-giant, that by rolls and some odd Gm ruling got 3 different souls resurrected inside of him. ( if you are familiar with Discworld, basically there are some priests etc that get reincarnated, and people find them) . By some odd rolling and some fun while creating a character, since i didn't just want to make a smack machine, we got to this.
I don't know how to put the "spoiler" thingy, so I'll just insert link here. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzzmY4hZc****1I2VTYzNl9JdXM/view?usp=sharing
Its link to Oogg's background story that makes it a bit more clear.
But that matter is not important right now, I suppose.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzzmY4hZcclIV0pXN3RmV1hOYlU/view?usp=sharing <-- this is link to my current character sheet. Its a bit messy, but I hope it is understandable :)
Oogg is basically best described as Chaotic Stupid, giant with gentle heart, with desire to learn and expand, with erotic desires ( so far unsatisfied :( GM doesn't share my enthusiasm) .
He uses full plate, 2 greataxes one flaming one masterwork, and carries a barrel full of stuff on back.
Besides that I own a turtle named Ohm, and a pony called Maximus, which even tho trained and saddled etc is not ridden by me because of weight, but usually by some party member.
I first took 5 levels of Fighter(Unbreakable), got to main city, asked random guy for adventure, he pointed me to the acting guild. I tried to sign into it, but they told me I need to have an adress in town, so I can join that guild ( Oogg doesn't fully understand what acting is yet),and in order to purchase that, I should go visit Patrician(mayor) of town, but guards stopped me and told me that in order to do that I personally have to write a letter with request for appointment. Since Oogg is illiterate, I joined a school to learn how to write and read, however only after 2 short classes, i've bumped into party and was lead onto a quest deep in Uberwald.
I wanted to get fancy clothes, and a pointy hat with sparkles that I saw on one of the wizards, but then when I was told I can't wear a pointy hat because its something that is limited to mage guild ( GM ruling).
To counter that, I decided to take 1 level of Magus, however Gm told that I can't buy spellbook inside town, but instead I need to buy it in Uberwald castle ( for whatever reason xD ) so adventure started.
So, 5 levels fighter, 1 magus, during that I decided that I want to be have rage, and fight like crazy with Enlarge person, so I took 1 level of barbarian.
After that, after long and tedious quest, that ended up with me being harvested for organs( and some of them replaced) and after succeeding the rolls I added Pain Taster to my class list :D YAY !
Pretty random, but I quite enjoying being pervy from time to time, and making occasional moans when I get attacked, so Pain Taster, wearing S&M clothes and enjoying pain is definitely something that I wanted xD
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vCqNV5lcY48/Si8sY4AB1oI/AAAAAAAABrQ/g_qKbcJ07IE/s400/whiplash_large.jpg.jpg
Now, we're nearing level 9, and after carefully going through all the things that my class(es) can do (and i am sure I don't know half of it) I realized I still didn't take 5 feats that I could.
Gm told me I can take them, as long as i take them in order how I would've gotten them ( meaning I can't take dual wielding specialization and its upgrade at once, considering I've acquired belt for +2 dex at level 8. )

So, what would your suggestions be for me?
What would be interesting to add?
I went through some guides, and was thinking of raging vitality, power attack, vital strike, weapon focus, dodge and its upgrades. I have no clue really.

Also, since we're getting level 9 next session, what should I do? Take another level of Barbarian for rage powers? add another multiclass ? Or should i go and tank up even more? take a tower shield in one hand and smack stuff ? Not really my thing tho.
We have 2 rogues, a bard ( that doesn't know its a spell user yet), vampire rogue as well i think, archer, and one more guy, i have no clue what he is xD

As long as its fun, I'm in :D

I hope you'll have as much fun reading this as I have playing it :)
Thank you for your time!

VincentTakeda
2015-02-20, 11:24 AM
If bondagebarian's s&m thing is really what you're going for, I'd go for the vital strike tree. Call it 'dirty fist technique'.

Ethiriell
2015-02-20, 02:23 PM
If bondagebarian's s&m thing is really what you're going for, I'd go for the vital strike tree. Call it 'dirty fist technique'.

Problem with Vital Strike tree is that I need lots of levels in barbarian, while i have only 1 taken. I have 5 feat slots available, and no clue what to take with it :P

Kid Jake
2015-02-20, 02:35 PM
You might be better off posting this in the 3.5 Forum. They're usually happy to offer suggestions.

Ethiriell
2015-02-20, 03:09 PM
You might be better off posting this in the 3.5 Forum. They're usually happy to offer suggestions.

Would they mind if i copy/paste whole thing there :) ?

Kid Jake
2015-02-20, 03:18 PM
You should be able to flag this to a mod and have it moved over.

VincentTakeda
2015-02-20, 06:09 PM
Problem with Vital Strike tree is that I need lots of levels in barbarian, while i have only 1 taken. I have 5 feat slots available, and no clue what to take with it :P

The road to mastery of the Dirty Fist is a long and adventurous one. Only with true commitment can one become great.

Kid Jake
2015-02-20, 07:00 PM
The road to mastery of the Dirty Fist is a long and adventurous one. Only with true commitment can one become great.

Disturbingly relevant. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WscfW7p0ssk)