PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder TWF druid?

Corwin_of_Amber
2015-02-20, 09:40 PM
I'd like to make a TWF druid using the Nature Fang (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/nature-fang) archetype. I'm unfamiliar with many pathfinder spells, what can I use to add bonus damage? 3.5 had plenty of druid spells that affected quarterstaffs, are there similar in PF?

Also, is there a druid PrC that adds on SA?

avr
2015-02-20, 10:29 PM
Shillelagh still exists, can't think of any other spells buffing staves for combat though. If you can get the Animal Soul feat then the Animal Growth spell becomes your Righteous Might. If not, Aspect of the Wolf is an offensive buff at the same level (5). Mostly though your buffs are defensive.

Don't go for a PrC. The sweet, sweet slayer talents would be lost from that point if you did. The Crocodile domain could add a little more sneak attack.

Note that dragonhide breastplates are a lot cheaper than wild armor BTW.

grarrrg
2015-02-20, 10:30 PM
I'd like to make a TWF druid using the Nature Fang (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/nature-fang) archetype...

Also, is there a druid PrC that adds on SA?

Well, the Nature Fang gets 1d6 of Sneak at 4th.
If you take the Crocodile Domain (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/animal-and-terrain-domains/crocodile-domain) that can add up to 3d6 more Sneak.

As far as PrC's go, the only one that has +Divine Casting and Sneak is the Gray Gardener/Warden (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/gray-warden). It's basically "Inquisitor: The PrC", gives 3d6 Sneak, 7/10 casting, and Judgements/Bane (similar to an Inquisitor).

Qc Storm
2015-02-21, 12:00 AM
I'm interested in this build. Are there any beast shapes that could enhance the Quarterstaff fighting style?

Nevermind, just noticed it replaces wild shape.

Qc Storm
2015-02-21, 09:22 AM
What are some good feats for a Nature Fang druid? I'm building something similar on the side. Slayer talents are generous enough to provide the whole TWF line with no dex prereqs, so that is nice. However, past grabbing TWF at level 1, all of my feat slots are open.

I'm not very familiar with druids.

avr
2015-02-21, 09:41 AM
What are some good feats for a Nature Fang druid? I'm building something similar on the side. Slayer talents are generous enough to provide the whole TWF line with no dex prereqs, so that is nice. However, past grabbing TWF at level 1, all of my feat slots are open.

I'm not very familiar with druids.
You're doing melee so power attack or somethng similar is a no-brainer. If you're going the high strength/dump dex route you might get heavy armor prof to wear dragonhide plate. Even if you've dumped cha Amateur Swashbuckler is value for a feat IMO, if you're using TWF weapons with a decent crit range. You're still going to want Quicken Spell some day, and crafting feats make your equipment budget go further.

Do you know anything about what you want to do other than 'be a druid, fight in melee with two weapons'?

Crake
2015-02-21, 10:05 AM
If you're allowed 3.5 material, there's a prestige class in complete adventurer called the daggerspell shaper which might be of interest

Qc Storm
2015-02-21, 01:44 PM
You're doing melee so power attack or somethng similar is a no-brainer. If you're going the high strength/dump dex route you might get heavy armor prof to wear dragonhide plate. Even if you've dumped cha Amateur Swashbuckler is value for a feat IMO, if you're using TWF weapons with a decent crit range. You're still going to want Quicken Spell some day, and crafting feats make your equipment budget go further.

Do you know anything about what you want to do other than 'be a druid, fight in melee with two weapons'?

Full Plate would be great, but the ranger combat styles stop working if I wear that. I could probably slip it past most DMs but it does not seem very honest.

Amateur Swashbuckler could be cool, but wearing medium armor, and having what will most likely be -2 CHA hurts it. I intend to use a Quarterstaff, so high crit is not happening.

Quicken spell is always good, but we typically shy away from crafting feats in our games.

I intend to play it as a brute shaman kind of guy. More or less a barbarian with spells to support the party and myself, and summon nature allies.

Corwin_of_Amber
2015-02-21, 02:01 PM
Shillelagh still exists, can't think of any other spells buffing staves for combat though. If you can get the Animal Soul feat then the Animal Growth spell becomes your Righteous Might. If not, Aspect of the Wolf is an offensive buff at the same level (5). Mostly though your buffs are defensive.

Don't go for a PrC. The sweet, sweet slayer talents would be lost from that point if you did. The Crocodile domain could add a little more sneak attack.

Note that dragonhide breastplates are a lot cheaper than wild armor BTW.

It seems like the best use of slayer talents is getting those nice ranger combat feats. Am I reading it correctly as saying you can only take that talent 3 times? I figured I'd dip a PrC for a few levels and then go back to get GTWF when I actually have a chance if hitting with it, around level 12-14.

Well, the Nature Fang gets 1d6 of Sneak at 4th.
If you take the Crocodile Domain (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/archetypes/paizo---druid-archetypes/animal-and-terrain-domains/crocodile-domain) that can add up to 3d6 more Sneak.

As far as PrC's go, the only one that has +Divine Casting and Sneak is the Gray Gardener/Warden (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/gray-warden). It's basically "Inquisitor: The PrC", gives 3d6 Sneak, 7/10 casting, and Judgements/Bane (similar to an Inquisitor).

Crocodile domain looks awesome. The spells are not too amazing, but the overall package is nice.

If you're allowed 3.5 material, there's a prestige class in complete adventurer called the daggerspell shaper which might be of interest

Actually, that class requires wildshape. You get the ability to apply your dagger enhancements to you claws when you shape.

One other thing, how do I get pounce or similar? I assume most melee druids get it through access to wildshape, but are there any spells like Lion's Pounce from 3.5?