PDA

View Full Version : Better Enchantment Upgrade?

Chester
2015-02-21, 01:46 PM
3.5 Edition.

Hello folks!

My level 14 Dread Necro possesses a Cloak of Charisma +2 with Lesser Displacement added to it. I have an opportunity to upgrade one of those enchantments.

Which do you recommend: going to Charisma +4 or to Greater Displacement?

KillianHawkeye
2015-02-21, 01:52 PM
Considering that Minor Displacement is actually much better than Major Displacement, I'd say you should get the Charisma upgrade.

WeaselGuy
2015-02-21, 03:24 PM
Seconded. Increase that Charisma.

From the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#cloakofDisplacementMinor)...

Cloak of Displacement, Minor
This item appears to be a normal cloak, but when worn by a character its magical properties distort and warp light waves. This displacement works similar to the displacement spell except that it only grants a 20% miss chance on attacks against the wearer. It functions continually.
Cloak of Displacement, Major
This item appears to be a normal cloak, but on command its magical properties distort and warp light waves. This displacement works just like the displacement spell and lasts for a total of 15 rounds per day, which the wearer can divide up as she sees fit.

You almost always want to take Continuous over Activated, generally because most Activated items require an action of some sort to activate it.

Darrin
2015-02-21, 03:44 PM
Charisma. The minor cloak of displacement works for 14400 rounds continuously every day. If you upgrade it to a major cloak of displacement, then it's going to spend 14385 rounds of the day being completely useless.

Chester
2015-02-21, 04:48 PM
Thank you. Charisma it is.