PDA

View Full Version : Creatures with Energy Immunity

EdroGrimshell
2015-02-21, 10:48 PM
Hello playgrounders, I am currently looking for low level (5HD or less) creatures with immunity to energy of some kind, at least one of each (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, and Sonic), preferably living, non-aberrations and non-oozes. I can deal with outsiders but they're not exactly preferable either. I am currently looking through the SRD and my books but I only have the Shocker Lizard and Ravid (Fire Immunity, but an outsider).

Flickerdart
2015-02-21, 11:16 PM
Dragons are a good place to look.

Black wyrmling: 4HD, immune to acid
White wyrmling: 3HD, immune to cold
Brass wyrmling: 4HD, immune to fire

Sadly you're out of luck on electricity (6HD for blue wyrmlings) and will have to look beyond Core for sonic dragons (such as the emerald dragon).

Curmudgeon
2015-02-22, 12:03 AM
If there's some rationale for a Druid to be mucking around with the local wildlife, any creature can gain the fire subtype (and thereby immunity to fire) via the Mantle of Fiery Spirit spell (Sandstorm, page 118).

EdroGrimshell
2015-02-22, 12:41 AM
Dragons are a good place to look.

Black wyrmling: 4HD, immune to acid
White wyrmling: 3HD, immune to cold
Brass wyrmling: 4HD, immune to fire

Sadly you're out of luck on electricity (6HD for blue wyrmlings) and will have to look beyond Core for sonic dragons (such as the emerald dragon).

Great help, and the Shocker Lizard covers electricity. Thank you very much for the aid!

ksbsnowowl
2015-02-22, 01:04 AM
Another option:

Lesser Varrangoin (Fiend Folio): 5 HD Magical Beasts (extraplanar). These can fill nearly every niche. They have this:

Breath Weapon (Ex): Each lesser varrangoin has one of four breath weapon types: a 30-foot cone of fire, a 30-foot cone of cold, a 50-foot line of acid, or a 50-foot line of electricity.
[Snip damage dice info]
Immunities (Ex): A lesser varrangoin is immune to damage of the same energy type as its breath weapon.

Forrestfire
2015-02-22, 01:00 PM
There's also the option of applying half-dragon to any low-HD creature, at least for the non-sonic elements in core. There's other dragons outside of core to grab for immunity to sonic, if you go beyond the SRD.