PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Warforged Bone Knight

apocryphaGnosis
2015-02-22, 01:24 PM
In the Eberron rule book Five Nations, there is a cleric prestige class called Bone Knight which is centered around creating your own set of special bone armor, at 8th level, the armor becomes fused to you body. I play a warforged cleric. Can I take this class? Would it be possible to create the armor at first level, as a regular player would, not to wear it, due to my warforged nature, (not a wise choice I know, but hear me out) and then at 8th level have it fuse onto me and then gain the benefits?

Zaq
2015-02-22, 01:27 PM
Your GM would have to be pretty petty to deny you a benefit that you spent a whopping 8 class levels on just because you're a warforged. That's a pretty big investment of character resources, so to say that it doesn't work is kind of mean-spirited. I would certainly allow it. That said, your GM is ultimately the one you have to convince—our opinions don't really matter. I don't see any harm in allowing it (and, like I said, you really should get a reward out of investing 8 class levels in something), but in the end, it's not up to me.

torrasque666
2015-02-22, 01:36 PM
I would honestly say that if you can't wear it, it can't fuse on to you. It says that it can't be removed without killing you essentially forever occupying the Body equipment slot. However, you already have something occupying the Body equipment slot(your plating).

I would also forewarn my player of this so they don't waste the levels in a class that's main feature won't even work for them.

Doomeye56
2015-02-22, 02:20 PM
Did you take the unarmored body feat?

ExLibrisMortis
2015-02-22, 02:31 PM
You could replace your plating with bone plating right at first level, perhaps at some extra cost. The text of the ability reads: "You can produce a suit of bonecraft medium or heavy armor that would normally be composed mostly of metal". Depending on the extent to which warforged plating counts as armour, it could be included in that definition. You would need to have the mithral or adamantine body feat - default plating is too light to be medium or heavy.

On one hand, you would get some of the level 8 ability early. On the other hand, you wouldn't get the important bit: the immunities. Ignoring the hands, you already have many of the immunties you will get at level 8, due to being a living construct, so it doesn't matter that much anyway. You won't break the game by taking the class and getting the armour.