PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Social Halfling

blade777
2015-02-22, 08:04 PM
Hi, I'm trying to create a Variant for the Halfings of my setting, because they are too lazy and only care about farming and commoner stuff. Halfling adventurers are very rare, most of the only live in "Halfling town". Also they're Elf-Gnome hybrids instead of a pure race.

This is what I made:

Social Halfling

+2 DEX +2 CHA -2 STR -2 INT
Small-size
Base Speed 20'
Extra Feat <(A Friend of mine use this and he need the feat for his extremely feat dependant mounted paladin halfling build)
+2 racial bonus on Handle Animal checks.
+2 racial bonus on Diplomacy checks.
+2 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.
+2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
+2 racial bonus on Spot checks.
-2 racial bonus on Bluff checks.
-2 racial bonus on Forgery checks.
-2 racial bonus on Sense Motive checks.

Automatic Languages: Common, Gnomish.
Bonus Languages: Dwarvish, Goblin, Elven.
Favored Class: Ranger
Level Adjustment: +0.

What do you think?

PD: English is not my main language so, sorry for my errors.

Edited:
+2 DEX -2 INT
-2 to Bluff (they are too good for this)
-2 to Forgery (they are too good for this)
Removed Throwing Bonus
--
-(+2 DEX)

sideswipe
2015-02-22, 08:08 PM
mostly, any race with more positives to their ability scores then negatives has a level adjustment. this is not always the case.

since they also get a lot of skill boosts AND a bonus feat i think that as a base race they are a little too powerful for LA 0.

this would be an weak LA 1 or a very powerful LA 0.

blade777
2015-02-22, 08:12 PM
mostly, any race with more positives to their ability scores then negatives has a level adjustment. this is not always the case.

since they also get a lot of skill boosts AND a bonus feat i think that as a base race they are a little too powerful for LA 0.

this would be an weak LA 1 or a very powerful LA 0.

Yeah, I was thinking thar, probably I'll remove that +2 DEX

sideswipe
2015-02-22, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I was thinking thar, probably I'll remove that +2 DEX

you could add a -2 int, since all they do is talk and farm. not much learning or adventuring past their whatever, so they would not be concerned with the outside world as much.

you could give a couple more skill penalties, or something else like that on your first one you made, it would just be a good race then. you could also remove the bonus feat.

im not saying it is not LA 0, for an example a water halfling has -2 str +2 dex +2 con as a LA 0, but its usually considered one of the better LA 0 races, the strongheart halfling is widely considered one of the best and is sometimes viewed as a little over powered.

your race mixes the good points of both. but it still doesnt scream too over powered.

Troacctid
2015-02-22, 08:21 PM
The bonus feat is a bit much.

blade777
2015-02-22, 09:34 PM
The bonus feat is a bit much.

You're Right, but I made this race for a friend who want a halfling in my world and his build needs too much feats. Mounted Paladin with a lot of things to make his wolf overpower while his char alone is pretty useless.