PDA

View Full Version : Let's Work Around Exhaustion (Path of the Beserker)

CrusaderJoe
2015-02-22, 10:30 PM
So dealing with exhaustion sucks, so I want to find a lit of ways around it.

What I've came up with may not be completely RAW, but should be acceptable from a DM at average table.

RAW

Long Rest: 1 Level
Greater Restoration (5th Lv spell): 1 Level
Reckless Attack/Rage: Counter balances the disadvantage to attack rolls and some ability checks.

Possible Work Around

Herbalism Kit: Make Potions of Vitality (perhaps just for exhaustion though)

Work Around Builds
Barbarian (Beserker) 6 / Druid (Land) 14: Nets you some nice abilities and the ability to cast Greater Restoration 5/day (2 5th level slots, 1 6th level slot, 1 7th level slot, and they have a recovery ability which can do 1 5th level slot and then 2 more levels worth).

You could replace Druid with Cleric, but you won't get as many (by 1) greater restoration but you will get domain abilities and good support sells.

Any other ideas?

Notes: In all honesty I would allow herbalism kits to make a potion that will remove exhaustion (usable 1/ short rest?).

Todasmile
2015-02-22, 11:01 PM
So dealing with exhaustion sucks, so I want to find a lit of ways around it.

What I've came up with may not be completely RAW, but should be acceptable from a DM at average table.

RAW

Long Rest: 1 Level
Greater Restoration (5th Lv spell): 1 Level
Reckless Attack/Rage: Counter balances the disadvantage to attack rolls and some ability checks.

Possible Work Around

Herbalism Kit: Make Potions of Vitality (perhaps just for exhaustion though)

Work Around Builds
Barbarian (Beserker) 6 (or 8) / Druid (Land) 14 (or 12): Nets you some nice abilities and the ability to cast Greater Restoration 3/day (they have a recovery ability).

You could replace Druid with Cleric, but you only will get Greater Restoration 2/day. Getting 3 freebies a day is a good boost to Frenzy.

Any other ideas?

Notes: In all honesty I would allow herbalism kits to make a potion that will remove exhaustion (usable 1/ short rest?).

If you're going Druid, I think you really want to go Moon.

Though you're probably better off not going Druid at all - the extra damage from your Rage increasing and getting to use it more times per day probably outweigh getting to Frenzy a few times.

Oscredwin
2015-02-22, 11:14 PM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a link to the math of various melee builds at 3, 5, 11, 16, and 20, including a GWM Berserker Barbarian recklessly attacking? Is it the best melee damage? If so by how much?

CrusaderJoe
2015-02-22, 11:16 PM
If you're going Druid, I think you really want to go Moon.

Though you're probably better off not going Druid at all - the extra damage from your Rage increasing and getting to use it more times per day probably outweigh getting to Frenzy a few times.

Druid (Land) is about the spell recovery feature they gain. I don't need wildshape for combat, just utility.

Barbarian 6/8 gives me 4 rages a day, 3 of which with druid I can heal the exhaustion from. I can frenzy more rages in a day than a normal Beserker... Normally the Beserker with 3 levels of exhaustion would have...

Disadvantage on all ability checks
Half speed
Disadvantage on attacks and saving throws

Druid fixes this. Moon druid really doesn't help much, wildshape battle forms are OK... But not that fantastic.

Better build updated