PDA

View Full Version : Rust Monster vs +2 Mithril Full Plate

Xcalber
2015-02-23, 12:37 AM
In my campaign my Mithril Full Plate +2 got touched by a rust monster and I'm a little unsure what my armor's saving throw is. I understand that it's a DC 17 reflex save, but am I supposed to make the saving throw or does my full plate get a saving throw? Neither I nor my DM is quite sure how it works.... Any insight would be appreciated!

Troacctid
2015-02-23, 12:41 AM
Magic items have their own save bonuses equal to 2 + half their caster level. If they are unattended, that's the bonus they use. If they are attended, they use their bonus or the bonus of whoever's carrying them, whichever is higher.

Qc Storm
2015-02-23, 01:07 AM
Use your own saves and pray. Then start thinking about what you've done to deserve Rust Monsters thrown at you.

Necroticplague
2015-02-23, 02:15 AM
Magic items have their own save bonuses equal to 2 + half their caster level. If they are unattended, that's the bonus they use. If they are attended, they use their bonus or the bonus of whoever's carrying them, whichever is higher.

As a follow-up to this, the caster level of a straight +2 is 6 (3*enhancement bonus), so it has a saving throw mod of +5 if you're using its mods instead of your own.