PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Beast shenanigans

FocusWolf413
2015-02-23, 12:39 AM
During a Pathfinder/3.5 game I was dming, one of my friends charmed a Chaos Beast and put it in a room in their portable base/enveloping pit. The ingenuity impressed me and it worked, but how do I keep it from getting ridiculous?

Some other details about the party:

They're 7th level, evil, and they want to form a cult centered around the worship of a Tibbit Psion that's in the party. They want to make a more permanent base in the catacombs under a bustling trade city. The mayor and city watch like them because they recently took care of a major threat. They have about 7 insane first level rogues and 8 insane third level warriors naked and tied up in the pit. Their absences will not be noticed.

Karl Aegis
2015-02-23, 12:56 AM
You can kill anyone without access to 4th level cleric or paladin spells and can't make a DC 15 fortitude save. You can't really put it in a pit, though. You need a dominate monster for that to work.

FocusWolf413
2015-02-23, 01:29 AM
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Psionic_Charm
Yes, the rules allowed it.

They only need to make saves if they touch the creature. And I'm more worried about it being used to kill everything.

Crake
2015-02-23, 02:03 AM
If you ask me, making a chaos beast like you will probably lead to it trying even harder to turn you into another chaos beast, so you can be chaos beast friends. This is a horrific creature of chaos with an alien mind that cant speak or understand language. If it finds itself liking someone, it will likely want to make them more suitable as a friend, by turning said friend into another chaos beast. That's just my take on it though.

Note that this creature cannot be communicated with, even by means of a tongues spell, or many kinds of telepathy, due to it's complete lack of languages.

FocusWolf413
2015-02-23, 02:42 AM
That makes complete sense and I now agree, but taking away their victory isn't fair.

What can someone do with a chaos beast? The Psion has a decent craft (alchemy) score. Could its body (or pieces of it) be worth anything on the black market? Would it make sense for a chunk of one to temporarily enhance (extend, perhaps) a spell in the polymorph line?