PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Boss

Jarelk
2007-04-07, 01:48 PM
Since there is a "Thoughest Boss" thread, I though I'd open up a weak one too.

I personally vote either the spider-thing in the Emulsion mines at Gears of War, since you can just aim your gun at one point, put on a blindfold, and keep the gun button pressed.

Or Ballos in Cave Story. I seriously don't know why people find him hard to defeat:smalleek:.

The Great Skenardo
2007-04-07, 02:02 PM
The Final Boss from Final Fantasy X

I mean, c'mon; you can't lose, you can take him out in two hits, and when you get right down to it, it's just a little dark bug with a symbol on it. It's barely even larger than any one of your characters!
*Disappointment!*

Woodman from Megaman II. One charged blast will pretty much end him.

The Master Mallet from Facet Fighter. Dodge to the right, use shinobi rose to send an unending stream of shuriken at his face. He never recovers.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-07, 02:38 PM
Crimson helmet in okami, i rolled over him and just thought he was a random encounter, even with the long cutscene.

Most non-avatar boss fights in .gu/rebirth, other then the final boss

RoboticSheeple
2007-04-07, 02:41 PM
Almost any RPG boss is easy if you're prepared and have spent any time at all leveling up.

ishi
2007-04-07, 02:46 PM
The Final Boss from Final Fantasy X

I mean, c'mon; you can't lose, you can take him out in two hits, and when you get right down to it, it's just a little dark bug with a symbol on it. It's barely even larger than any one of your characters!
*Disappointment!*

This. Also, as a follow-up, FFX2's final boss.

Calamity
2007-04-07, 02:48 PM
Almost any RPG boss is easy if you're prepared and have spent any time at all leveling up.

Some FF's have monsters level as you do and therefore the bosses would actually be a lot tougher to beat. The system was screwed up.

As for the easiest boss:

Guard Armour (that's the big armour thing in Traverse Town, the 1st form)from KH1

Maxymiuk
2007-04-07, 03:05 PM
Shaddar from Sacred.

After running all over the bloody continent collecting some elemental orbs, after facing down bandits, dark elves, giant spiders, demons, overpowered nobles, forest demigods, and undead that just keep getting up, after tangling with half a dozen bleedin' DRAGONS, facing some wimp that goes down in a few hits and doesn't even hit back with anything worth a damn... :smallfurious:

How did this guy have everyone shaking in their boots again?

Soniku
2007-04-07, 03:13 PM
The big flesh... tower... thing from abomination: the nemesis project. The walkthrough is simply to equip any character with the vaccination injection, walk him up to the boss and use the item. That's it.

I believe it was also voted the most disappointing boss battle ever :smallbiggrin:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-07, 03:35 PM
Probably something from Yoshi's Story.

If not that, then probably Sephiroth's very final form (which is a glorified cutscene anyway).

And of course, Shocker from Ultimate Spider-Man is appropriately pathetic. Because c'mon. He's Ultimate Shocker.

Setra
2007-04-07, 03:54 PM
Hmm an actual bossfight, not counting 'Can't Lose' bosses and 'First Bosses'..

I'd go with... The Pirates in FF1.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-07, 03:59 PM
The giant wasp queen from Fable. Come on, that thing goes down in like three hits.

Maxymiuk
2007-04-07, 04:03 PM
The giant wasp queen from Fable. Come on, that thing goes down in like three hits.

It's your first boss though. It's supposed to be easy enough that even people who didn't master the controls yet can hope to beat her.

Vespe Ratavo
2007-04-07, 04:10 PM
It's your first boss though. It's supposed to be easy enough that even people who didn't master the controls yet can hope to beat her.

Ok then...how about, EVERY BOSS IN FABLE. (except Jack O' Blades)

Pronounceable
2007-04-07, 04:23 PM
There are many disappointingly easy bosses:

-First Balrog battle in Cave Story: although this one is intentional, but still...
-The Vizier in Prince of Persia Sands of Time
-Fortune from MGS2: Just run around until the time's up. Can't even harm her anyway.
-Solidus Snake from MGS2 He's a wimp, and seems especially weak after a horde of Metal Gears.
-Irenicus from BG2: All that fuss and wuss and cutscenes, then he's easily slain. Twice.
-Diablo: Had a rogue, and just kept shooting it until it died. Might have used a couple healing potions. But after installing Hellfire, he kicked nine kinds of ass.
-Entire ending sequence for KotoR2: Keep chopping and frying and everything's dead by the tenth second. May be because the game's an effing beta.
-Cyberdemon from Doom the Roguelike
-Frank Horrigan from Fallout 2: Hack into security turrets and tell his cronies about the imminent explosion, the turrets and his own men rip him to shreds (which is satisfying).

Maxymiuk
2007-04-07, 04:25 PM

Fair enough, but Jack himself was rather wimpy too. I had a harder time fighting Maze to be honest. That battle taught me a thing or two about staying versatile.

Mewtarthio
2007-04-07, 05:07 PM
-Entire ending sequence for KotoR2: Keep chopping and frying and everything's dead by the tenth second. May be because the game's an effing beta.

Really? I found that part extremely difficult. I wound up stealthing myself and running past Traya's entire army (or would that be Sion's army?).

Easiest boss ever that wasn't intended to be a cakewalk? Xenia Onatopp from Goldeneye 007. She won't actually attack you until she crosses the bridge, so you can riddle her with bullets with impunity. Technically, that's not fighting fair, but odds are you've used the same tactic on every other fight involving stairwells, doors, panes of glass, and large gaps in the game, so no moral qualms there. Besides, I imagine they noticed that in playtesting (you practically have to try hard not to use that trick) and just decided that they wanted the player to kill Xenia without bothering redesigning the level.

Om
2007-04-07, 05:13 PM
-Frank Horrigan from Fallout 2: Hack into security turrets and tell his cronies about the imminent explosion, the turrets and his own men rip him to shreds (which is satisfying).That hardly counts though. In that case you could include those end villains that you could defeat through dialogue.

Besides, IIRC, Frank was a real b*stard to beat if you didn't take the easy way out.

averagejoe
2007-04-07, 05:29 PM
Really? I found that part extremely difficult. I wound up stealthing myself and running past Traya's entire army (or would that be Sion's army?).

Neither of the KOTORs was a difficult game at all, really, at any part. I believe I had some trouble with the sand people in KOTOR 1, but only the first time I played, and that was about it. I mean, they were fun games, but I kinda just laugh at everyone who discusses the most powerful builds in those games. The difference is basically between the ability to totally own the games, or the ability to totally own the games somewhat harder.

Dissapointing bosses? I would say the KOTOR bosses, but if you compare them to the difficulty of the rest of the game they really aren't very dissapointing at all. The most challenging part, really, if you could call it that.

Ozzie was pretty dissapointing :smallbiggrin:

Toastkart
2007-04-07, 07:06 PM
The final boss of Legend of Mana, I thought I was just fighting a boss monster. Given how easy it was, I was surprised when the ending sequence started playing. I didn't even have a companion with me, just a golem.

Also, final fantasy tactics final boss battle was somewhat disappointing, but only because story battles didn't increase in difficulty with your character's levels.

Woot Spitum
2007-04-07, 07:31 PM
Easiest boss ever that wasn't intended to be a cakewalk? Xenia Onatopp from Goldeneye 007. She won't actually attack you until she crosses the bridge, so you can riddle her with bullets with impunity. Technically, that's not fighting fair, but odds are you've used the same tactic on every other fight involving stairwells, doors, panes of glass, and large gaps in the game, so no moral qualms there. Besides, I imagine they noticed that in playtesting (you practically have to try hard not to use that trick) and just decided that they wanted the player to kill Xenia without bothering redesigning the level.

Seconded. Even if Xenia somehow made it across the bridge, Natayla would just blow her head off with the couger magnum.

Easiest? Bob the Goldfish from both Earthworm Jim and Earthworm Jim 2. You just walk up to him and eat him.

Ziegfried from FF6 is pretty laughable, although it's probably intentional. The Phantom Train from FF6 is easy because if you use a Phoenix Down on it, it dies instantly.

Ronsian
2007-04-07, 08:31 PM
Diablo in... Diablo. He was so easy. I pack several dozen pots, then walk up and attack him. I never used 1. He died... easily...

SMEE
2007-04-07, 08:50 PM
A small list from Ninja Gaiden Black (XBox)

Makasado (Stage 2 Boss). After suffering so much to defeat Murai, I was expecting hell from this battle... Yet, this guy went down far too fast... :smallannoyed:
Dynamo (Stage 3 boss). Pathetic... He was easy in black and utterly too easy in NG.
Hydracubos (stage 4 boss/stage 7 sub boss, stage 15 sub boss): Bonus stage!
Smaug (stage 12 boss). Big, bad, red dragon. Goes down usually within 10 seconds.
Dragon Sword Clone Ryu / Dabilahro Clone Ryu: Interesting, yet easy fights.

As for other games:
Orochi (KOF 97): powerful moves, weak AI. :smallfrown:
The Vizir (original Prince of Persia)
Dedriana (Jagged Alliance 2)
The alien mastermind (XCOM)
Father Belgar (Final Fight Streetwise)

Those are the ones I remember now. I'll add to this list as my memories surface once again. :smallredface:

Setra
2007-04-07, 09:27 PM
Diablo in... Diablo. He was so easy. I pack several dozen pots, then walk up and attack him. I never used 1. He died... easily...
He was a tad anti-climactic...

Then again I fought him with a Party, and I was a Rogue... and I had Godly Plate of the Whale.

Though Diablo, in Diablo 2 more than makes up for it (depending on your level, and access to a Paladin with Resist Fire, as well as a Sorceress with Static Field). My friends both died twice, Paladin and Barb, 28 and 26. Meanwhile I nuked him with Static Field/Frozen Orb.

Dhavaer
2007-04-08, 01:35 AM
Mephisto, in Diablo 2. He's fairly tough in Nightmare, but in normal? Not much tougher than the Council.

The final boss in Soldier of Fortune. His attack is very easy to dodge, and he moves slowly. Just keep the microwave cannon on him.

Xan Kreigor, in Unreal Tournament. Once you know the map layout, he goes down very easily.

Setra
2007-04-08, 03:26 AM
Mephisto, in Diablo 2. He's fairly tough in Nightmare, but in normal? Not much tougher than the Council.
Heck, my party actualy died to the Lightning Enchanted Council Member, but never went below half against Mephy.

Glaivemaster
2007-04-08, 06:15 AM
Does the final version of Sephiroth in FF7 count as a boss in it's own right? I mean, it's impossible to lose that fight. Really

Rift_Wolf
2007-04-08, 08:00 AM
Meldanen in Neverwinter Nights; Oh no a powerful evil sorc- oh wait, he just surrendered.
The final boss in Tomb Raider II: I managed to beat this sucker using each weapon in the game. EVEN THE HARPOON GUN.
The whole friggin' game of GUN: That's the last time I buy a game from a recommendation of an idiot. I've booped better games, and I spent longer booping it than I did playing GUN.

Dhavaer
2007-04-08, 08:02 AM
Meldanen in Neverwinter Nights; Oh no a powerful evil sorc- oh wait, he just surrendered.

Really? Unless I left him for last, his constant Ice Storms kept pounding me. They did ridiculous damage.

Alex Kidd
2007-04-08, 08:23 AM
The slime monster from Castlevania:POR sticks out in recent memory. (Althamet?)

I think they changed this in PAL, I have memories of her lobbing grenades as soon as you see the bridge. Still wasn't hard though.

Tom_Violence
2007-04-08, 09:18 AM
That hardly counts though. In that case you could include those end villains that you could defeat through dialogue.

Besides, IIRC, Frank was a real b*stard to beat if you didn't take the easy way out.

Seconded. Frank is awesome, and punches peoples' heads off.

JellyPooga
2007-04-08, 09:46 AM
The Transcendant One for Planescape: Torment

You don't even have to fight him

madfool2
2007-04-08, 10:42 AM

Jack was too easy, i had more problems finding the disk when i lost it then beating him, even in lost chapters he was easy.

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-04-08, 11:44 AM
Every boss up to and including the boss of Snowpeak Ruins in Zelda: Twilight Princess (and every one after, from what I've heard, but I haven't played that far yet due to only recently being able to play and being busy). Seriously, most of them can't even hit you if you're any better at video games than a drunken sloth with no arms.

Also, no-one's mentioned the first boss from Sonic 2 yet? That's got to be the easiest boss battle in the history of videogames by far. :P

Mewtarthio
2007-04-08, 11:51 AM
Every boss up to and including the boss of Snowpeak Ruins in Zelda: Twilight Princess (and every one after, from what I've heard, but I haven't played that far yet due to only recently being able to play and being busy). Seriously, most of them can't even hit you if you're any better at video games than a drunken sloth with no arms.

Snowpeak Ruins is the hardest boss in the game. I kid you not. No, I didn't have any trouble with it, but I can assure you that everything gets easier from then on.

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-04-08, 12:50 PM
Seriously? Damnit, that game is simply begging for a Master Quest edition where the bosses are actually, y'know, a slight challenge. I mean no Zelda game that I can think of (haven't played the first two or some of handheld ones, mind) had bosses that were infuriatingly difficult, but the bosses in Twilight Princess are just taking the piss.

Also, hows about Topman from Megaman 3? Simplest boss pattern ever, as I recall.

Bobbis
2007-04-08, 01:01 PM
I'd have to second the comment on the Twilight Princess bosses; in fact, most of the minibosses were more difficult then the actual boss.

Stupid spider-eyeball thing; they literally start playing silly music for it's second form.

Maryring
2007-04-08, 02:06 PM
Ishtar from the Sailor Moon RPG is way too easy. You have just struggled with her three counterparts which were all difficult (Well, Nabu was the only one who was way too difficult but), and then Ishtar comes along. And whoops, a Venus Wink Sword later, you hear Artemis say "As they say, the loudest dog has the weakest bite" or something like that. Seriously, she is way too easy. Other easy bosses include the Lifevirus and Gutsman from MMBN, the Giant Ape from Golden Sun and the Ice Fairy from Super Princess Peach. Many bosses can be quite easy, but those are the easiest ones.

tgva8889
2007-04-08, 02:33 PM
Heck, my party actualy died to the Lightning Enchanted Council Member, but never went below half against Mephy.

Lightning enchanted enemies in Diablo 2 are the bane of all melee characters without a high Resist Lighting. Seriously. They eat potions like no tomorrow. And they appear like cockroaches in Nightmare. Gah!

As for easy bosses...well, besides over-leveling, I guess I'd say the easiest bosses are:

Any boss in any Pokemon RPG game for a handheld console: Really, if you lose a fight in Pokemon, you should stop playing video games. Unless you're trying to make it hard for yourself by playing an all-Magikarp team, or you're "fighting" Mewtwo.
Mephisto from Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction: First time I killed him in a party of three, no one lost HP. Second time I soloed him, my hireling didn't even die.

Legendary
2007-04-08, 03:24 PM
Hmm, I'll cover the four 3d Zeldas:

OoT: Personally, I think that Ganon was pathetically easy. Bongo Bongo and Twinrova gave me more challenges. Actually ALL of the bosses were harder than Ganon was the first time through.
MM: Um, that one in the snow dungeon. I just sat at the entrance and shot fire arrows at the guy.
WW: The Bongo Bongo rip off, but that might just be why he was so easy.
TP: The skeleton. That was just too awesome a boss battle to be any difficult.

Shikton
2007-04-08, 03:27 PM
Any and all undead Final Fantasy boss. Just toss a Phoenix Down on it and watch it die. Eyb eyb deadie.

EDIT: I also have to second the Transcendant One.

SITB
2007-04-08, 04:29 PM
Majora's Mask: Each and every 'effing boss excluding that bloody fish, the worst point in the whole game were it's laughable bosses especially the final boss (in all forms).

In one form he dances to attack you, my point is made.

Edit: averagejoe- But after completing all those annoying dungeons I'm in the mood for an equally competent boss, what do I get?

A skeleton jungle warrior that I still don't know how to kill, despite doing it like 4 times already.

A race with a mechanical dog which is impossible to lose.

Becoming a giant against a boss that even more of a loser then the first Oot boss.

And of course Majora's mask itself which sucked so hard.

averagejoe
2007-04-08, 04:34 PM
I dunno, the bull was a fun boss fight, however difficult he was. And the giant ones were cool just 'cause you got to use the giant's mask.

Legendary
2007-04-08, 05:41 PM
The bull WASN'T hard. You just stand by the entrance and fry him w/ Fire Arrows. You won't even get hurt, and there are magic pots close enough for you to grab and run back. And they RESPAWN.

Easy victory.

Amotis
2007-04-08, 05:48 PM
How about that one boss in FF7 that you threw a phoenix down at and it died?

Jormund
2007-04-08, 05:50 PM
I nominate this thread as full of semi-spoilers

Woot Spitum
2007-04-08, 06:01 PM
Seriously? Damnit, that game is simply begging for a Master Quest edition where the bosses are actually, y'know, a slight challenge. I mean no Zelda game that I can think of (haven't played the first two or some of handheld ones, mind) had bosses that were infuriatingly difficult, but the bosses in Twilight Princess are just taking the piss.

Also, hows about Topman from Megaman 3? Simplest boss pattern ever, as I recall.

All the hard Zelda bosses are on the handhelds (like Vaati in The Minish Cap).

Topman's easy, but Hardman's easier. Sure, his fists are nearly ipossible to dodge, but they do little damage and you can just shoot him apart. His jump attack is dangerous, but extremely easy to dodge.

averagejoe
2007-04-08, 07:05 PM
The bull WASN'T hard. You just stand by the entrance and fry him w/ Fire Arrows. You won't even get hurt, and there are magic pots close enough for you to grab and run back. And they RESPAWN.

Easy victory.

Who cares? Fighting him in goron form was fun. It might have been somewhat more difficult, but rolling around in goron form was enjoyable enough for me to do it again, just because.

Setra
2007-04-08, 07:10 PM
All the hard Zelda bosses are on the handhelds (like Vaati in The Minish Cap).

Topman's easy, but Hardman's easier. Sure, his fists are nearly ipossible to dodge, but they do little damage and you can just shoot him apart. His jump attack is dangerous, but extremely easy to dodge.
Personally? I found Shadow man to always be a cakewalk, just go in and Topspin like.. once, and he's dead.

Kultrum
2007-04-08, 07:38 PM

wow i keep hearing jack o blades was hard but i killed him with the stick and that first bow they give you, the guy before him was harder (and by harder i mean more annoying)

Woot Spitum
2007-04-08, 07:46 PM
Personally? I found Shadow man to always be a cakewalk, just go in and Topspin like.. once, and he's dead.

I was speaking of Megaman bosses when you don't have the right weapon, I agree though, shadowman is easy with the right weapon.

Crashman from Megaman II is one of the hardest bosses in the game without the right weapon, but if you have airman's weapon, he goes down in two hits.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-08, 08:04 PM
How about that one boss in FF7 that you threw a phoenix down at and it died?
Actually, I think this works on every undead boss in a Final Fantasy through at least IX. It's tradition! And very cheesy.

Maldraugedhen
2007-04-08, 08:12 PM
Hmm. Well, I remember the Lucifer fight in Freespace seemed ridiculously easy despite the general scale of the battle. I don't think that was the easiest I've ever fought, though. Hmm...

Oh, I know--Gothic II's end boss (pre-expansion, because they fixed him) if you play as anything other than a pure melee build. Two casts of Destroy Undead (a 4th level [out of 6] magician spell, or its equivalent in Paladin runes) brought him down. After a nice intimidating speech, too. The spell doesn't work on him after you install Night of the Raven or whatever it was--instead, you'd actually have a difficult boss fight on your hands.

Merlin the Tuna
2007-04-08, 08:20 PM
Also, hows about Topman from Megaman 3? Simplest boss pattern ever, as I recall.Toadman. Toadman is the stupidest of the Megaman bosses.

1337_master
2007-04-08, 09:36 PM
"Golem Boss" from Chrono Trigger

Murongo
2007-04-08, 09:48 PM
Old school starfox Andross was such an easy final boss, especially for a game that had some pretty tough bosses. I mean you just time like... 4 bombs right and hes gone.

But all time easiest goes to Paxton Fettel in FEAR. *whack*

Innis Cabal
any mid boss in the .hack series...Most boss's in Grandia 3

Setra
I was speaking of Megaman bosses when you don't have the right weapon, I agree though, shadowman is easy with the right weapon.

Crashman from Megaman II is one of the hardest bosses in the game without the right weapon, but if you have airman's weapon, he goes down in two hits.
Metal Man

Easy as pie.

Foeofthelance
2007-04-08, 09:56 PM
The Ninebreaker from Armored Core 2. Out of all arena fights, his was by the far the simplest. Now I admit to abusing Pursuit Missiles in the arena, as there were certain people who had them coming, such as the guy who bounced all over the place while stabbing you.

But the Ninebreaker...I never even fired a shot. My guns weren't even in range. He just zoomed right past me, straight line out of bounds. It said go, then it said win. I was half tempted to try it again in a different zone, but am currently trying to beat Leos Kline, who probably will be a problem considering half my AP is gone by the time I get to the second level on Phobos and that bloody Demon Disorder unit.

tsuyoshikentsu
2007-04-08, 10:19 PM
The final boss of Final Fantasy X. He has two things that heal him for ridiculous amounts like constantly.

He is not immune to zombie, and no, they won't stop healing him.

Kjata
2007-04-08, 10:58 PM
ANY solo boss in a game with a map(fft, ffta, fire emblem, etc.). Pathetic.

Shikton
2007-04-09, 05:15 AM
Actually, I think this works on every undead boss in a Final Fantasy through at least IX. It's tradition! And very cheesy.

Which I already mentioned up there :P But yeah, it works against all undead bosses in the FF series IIRC seeing as they're all vulnerable to cure magic. Piece of pie.

There have been a lot of games where I've been left with the feeling of "How the heck did I do that?" when bosses go down after only a few hits, especially in games where you don't really see how much damage you do because of the hectic fighting. Kinda sucks...I want a little challenge...

Setra
2007-04-09, 06:23 AM
The final boss of Final Fantasy X. He has two things that heal him for ridiculous amounts like constantly.

He is not immune to zombie, and no, they won't stop healing him.
Yeah but does that really count? You can't lose to Yu Yevon.

Well you CAN but only if you cast Stone on the entire party, because your characters all have infinite auto-life. It's not meant to be a final boss.

This doesn't stop Jecht from being a piece of cake though. Mmm cake.

I still say the Pirates from FF1 are easier though, they die in one hit from a White Mage, let alone a Fighter, and there's only nine of em.

LCR
2007-04-09, 06:40 AM
Alma in F.E.A.R.

NullAshton
2007-04-09, 06:58 AM
Agent Smith in Path of Neo, the last battle.

It's technically the second last battle. Anyway, with the aerial battle, all you have to do is just block his charge and counterattack, and you won't get touched... and compared to the other battles, ground battles are a cakewalk. I just threw a lot of punches at him in focus mode, and he didn't even touch me. Sorta disappointing how easy it was.

Though the boss after him was hard, I'll prevent from spoiling that for you if you haven't played the game. :)

Sephiroth
2007-04-09, 07:36 AM
well really the easiest boss is everything if you train in ff7 my bro got he last limt (not ombslash as you need to buy it) before the scend boss and he was level 20 so if you trains at the game use tacites which people think is gay and for me is was jecet in ff10 jack of blands dragon form so really anything is easy

Setra
2007-04-09, 07:45 AM
well really the easiest boss is everything if you train in ff7 my bro got he last limt (not ombslash as you need to buy it) before the scend boss and he was level 20 so if you trains at the game use tacites which people think is gay and for me is was jecet in ff10 jack of blands dragon form so really anything is easy
.... Wait, I'll try to translate. This might distort the actual wording somewhat.

"Well really the easiest boss is everything, if you train, in FF7. My brother got the last limit, not Omnislash, but Finishing Touch, before the second boss, and he was level 20. So if you train at the game, use tactics, which people think are gay.

For me, it was Jecht in FF10, and Jack of Blades Dragon Form, so really anything is easy"

Also, I support the Dragon Form Is Weak.

My Sister's boyfriend handed me the controller to the game, and I, having never played it before, beat Jack of Blades.

Ps. Overleveling is overrated.

Also, not all games are RPGs, in games such as Half-Life, you cant' just "train" til your stats are so high you can't really lose.

Ranis
2007-04-09, 03:18 PM
The undead boss in FFVII. Throw a phoenix down, fight over.

Glaivemaster
2007-04-09, 03:33 PM
I think they made undead bosses immune to phoenix down in FF12. It's quite annoying (not that a few Mist won't take them out in 4 secs game time)

Setra
2007-04-09, 07:24 PM
I think they made undead bosses immune to phoenix down in FF12. It's quite annoying (not that a few Mist won't take them out in 4 secs game time)
Impossible...

A single Mist ability takes longer than 4 seconds.

turtleant120
2007-04-10, 01:43 AM
I'm still really hoping that that dude who calls himself sephiroth is just someone trying to bash on ff7.

Setra
2007-04-10, 01:49 AM
I'm still really hoping that that dude who calls himself sephiroth is just someone trying to bash on ff7.
Oh! That reminds me of my Clan Oath!

It's the very first part of the Oath, silly me, I just don't recite it very often.

*To Sephiroth: Momma's Boy!

Ps. Yes, it is actually a part of my Clan Oath to call every Sephiroth I see, a Momma's Boy. There are other, more serious, parts to it. Not that any of us take it too seriously.

Zanaril
2007-04-10, 04:04 AM
All the bosses in Warrior Within except the Dahaka. (Or Kaileena if you don't get all the health upgrades and have to fight her again.)
All the bosses in The Two Thrones except the Sword and the Axe.
Darth Malak in Knights of the Old Republic.

Glaivemaster
2007-04-10, 04:07 AM
Impossible...

A single Mist ability takes longer than 4 seconds.

Sorry, I meant 4 seconds battle time. i.e. while both you and the enemy are moving. Since everything else pauses when you use mist, and you can instantly switch and use mist straight away, only about 4 seconds of the actual battle can pass, the rest of the time is using mist

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-10, 04:16 AM
First fight with Saturos and Meynadi in Golden Sun. Just sit back and let them pwn you,

Setra
2007-04-10, 04:25 AM
Sorry, I meant 4 seconds battle time. i.e. while both you and the enemy are moving. Since everything else pauses when you use mist, and you can instantly switch and use mist straight away, only about 4 seconds of the actual battle can pass, the rest of the time is using mist
Oh I know, I was being sarcastic.

I suppose my sarcasm is hard to detect.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-10, 04:51 AM
Alma in F.E.A.R.

But if you miss once, or your pistol isn't fully loaded, you have a 0% chance of winning.

Okay, so you need to delete all your saves for her to be unbeatable. So what?

Sephiroth
2007-04-10, 05:20 AM
.... Wait, I'll try to translate. This might distort the actual wording somewhat.

"Well really the easiest boss is everything, if you train, in FF7. My brother got the last limit, not Omnislash, but Finishing Touch, before the second boss, and he was level 20. So if you train at the game, use tactics, which people think are gay.

For me, it was Jecht in FF10, and Jack of Blades Dragon Form, so really anything is easy"

Also, I support the Dragon Form Is Weak.

My Sister's boyfriend handed me the controller to the game, and I, having never played it before, beat Jack of Blades.

Ps. Overleveling is overrated.

Also, not all games are RPGs, in games such as Half-Life, you cant' just "train" til your stats are so high you can't really lose.

you just TRAIN at the game to be really good at it that is what i am saying and another boss which i think is shameful is atma weapon which is meant to be very powerful

Jarelk
2007-04-10, 05:47 AM
I'd like to nominate another one.

Kratos in Tales of Symphona. Seriously, when you are able to manually steer your character that you have experience with, you pawn everyone. Ev-ery-one. Three syllibals, right?

Glaivemaster
2007-04-10, 06:26 AM
Oh I know, I was being sarcastic.

I suppose my sarcasm is hard to detect.

*uses detect sarcasm*

Aha! Now I see it :smalltongue:

Setra
2007-04-10, 07:49 AM
you just TRAIN at the game to be really good at it that is waht i am saying and another boss which i think is shameful is atma weapon which is meant to be very powerful
Well it was hard to read.

Also, no boss in FFVI is really any hard. Though they tend to maintain the illusion they are.

Iron_Mouse
2007-04-10, 07:50 AM
Oh, I know--Gothic II's end boss (pre-expansion, because they fixed him) if you play as anything other than a pure melee build.
QFT.
That "fight" was the first thing coming to my mind when I saw this thread.

Jibar
2007-04-10, 09:09 AM
Darkside. 3rd fight. Kingdom Hearts.

Making me fight the first boss before I take on the last boss is completely silly.

Woot Spitum
2007-04-10, 05:26 PM
Also, no boss in FFVI is really any hard. Though they tend to maintain the illusion they are.

Yeah, I noticed that a lot of bosses in FFVI have some easily exploitable weakness that makes most of the boss fights pretty easy. Wrexsoul may be time-consuming to fight, but he isn't that dangerous. The only frustration inducing boss in that game is Ultros, the first time you encounter him. The fact that he can, at any time in the battle, kill Banon in one hit, and the fact that if Banon dies, you lose automatically, makes it tough. But that's more a matter of chance than actual toughness.

Wojiz
2007-04-10, 05:40 PM
Palmer from FFVII. Not only was he the fat guy you always wanted to kill for cackling and giggling so much, after the incredibly easy fight, he gets hit by a truck.

Classic.

Or that boss in the cave at Cosmo Canyon that's killed by using a single Phoenix Down on it.

Sephiroth
2007-04-10, 06:21 PM
oh you mean the undead lord with two fire thiny yes he very easy and Setra i agree when i kill nearly all of the boss with cyan but a weapon like in ff7 and 8 are meant to be hard not easy

Setra
2007-04-10, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I noticed that a lot of bosses in FFVI have some easily exploitable weakness that makes most of the boss fights pretty easy. Wrexsoul may be time-consuming to fight, but he isn't that dangerous. The only frustration inducing boss in that game is Ultros, the first time you encounter him. The fact that he can, at any time in the battle, kill Banon in one hit, and the fact that if Banon dies, you lose automatically, makes it tough. But that's more a matter of chance than actual toughness.
Put Banon in the back row, problem solved.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-10, 07:48 PM
just beat it, last boss of Okami. Once you get your powers back its just a matter of time

Khantalas
2007-04-10, 07:53 PM
Master Li, Emperor Sun, Death's Hand.

For that matter, any boss in Jade's Empire.

God, that game has no hard combats.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-11, 04:02 AM
Emperor Sun

He's slightly harder since he can become immune to Storm Dragon/Paralysing Palm. Or you could just humiliate him by turning into a Toad Demon since he can't block transformation styles.

I found the fights in that game hard but mainly because I deliberately didn't use all the really obvious exploits.

Khantalas
2007-04-11, 06:45 AM
Two words: Jade. Golem.

There is not a single fight Spirit Thief / Jade Golem hasn't won.

Jerthanis
2007-04-11, 01:21 PM
All the bosses in Warrior Within except the Dahaka. (Or Kaileena if you don't get all the health upgrades and have to fight her again.)
All the bosses in The Two Thrones except the Sword and the Axe.
Darth Malak in Knights of the Old Republic.

I don't know, I rented Warrior Within, and other than realizing I had gotten sick of that gameplay by the end of Sands of Time, I also never got very far because I kept losing against that woman you fight on the ship and then later on the island. I found that fight pretty hard, and I figured bosses would just get harder from there. Then again, I might not have understood the combat system very well. Darth Malak is pathetic unless you're a Consular who never took breach force (the one that cancels force immunity) and are playing on hard mode... and never took a power that can hurt/drain the guys in the jars.

The End from MGS3 was pathetically easy, though could be amazingly time consuming. He only does tranq. damage, so you can pretty much endlessly hunt and eat food to avoid actually losing. Also, if you just leave your game off and come back to it a week later, the End dies of old age. Also, his footprints were visible on the thermal visor thing, so as soon as you find him once, you can follow him wherever he goes.

psilontech
2007-04-11, 03:19 PM
Garland from FF1 ^_^ Such a pushover... well, at the beginning of the game, anyway :)

Fax Celestis
2007-04-11, 03:21 PM
Easiest boss ever: the Ghost Train in FF-IV. Phoenix down and you win.

Innis Cabal
2007-04-11, 03:23 PM
gotta love the res equals death for undead tactic...so fun but so cheesy

Setra
2007-04-12, 03:28 AM
Garland from FF1 ^_^ Such a pushover... well, at the beginning of the game, anyway :)
The Pirates are easier though

Fax Celestis
2007-04-12, 11:09 AM
The Pirates are easier though

That's not a boss battle. That's a set encounter. :smalltongue:

Setra
2007-04-13, 12:11 AM
That's not a boss battle. That's a set encounter. :smalltongue:
Isn't that basically what a Boss Battle is?

Icewalker
2007-04-13, 02:05 AM
Oooh, ooh, whats his name, the grey blob dream eater thingy, middle boss in the mountains in Dark Cloud two.

completely un-upgraded Laser gun thing you get from the tree dude. (I have forgetten almost everything about this game as the last time I played was years ago)

bout 4 shots and he dies. You can actually kill him before he reaches you and tries to attack.

Arlanthe
2007-04-13, 02:08 AM
Haha, I was going to mention the Phantom Train from FFVI, but I see I was beaten to it! I learned the Phoenix Down thing on accident, just on a guess.

FFVI does have a lot of easy bosses. They were making up for FFIV.

Sephiroth
2007-04-13, 04:37 AM
when i find it well easy on bahmult lagoon after chatpor 6 every boss is easy but i haven't compleaty the game yet so i say up to chaptor 21

Scudboy
2007-04-23, 04:02 AM
Well, I hit an odd bug finishing neverwinter nights: hordes of the underdark, where after about the middle of chapter III, the monsters stopped hitting me back. Which made all the bosses after that point ridiculously easy (so yeah, I kept playing. Sue me, I wanted to see how the plot played out.)

king.com
2007-04-23, 04:22 AM
First fight with Iranicus from Baulders Gate 2: Everyone in the friggen prioson helps you fight him. I just left my guys at the back, kill the clones of my party and let the level 4000 mage timestop everyone like 50 times. I ended up just watching a movie while the battle happened.

Sephiroth
2007-04-23, 07:04 AM
that not true the highest level mage in the
WHOLE game is emilster who is lvl 60 mage them mages are just 20-30 odd anyway irenicus is must be like 22 so like yes he is easy .

BrokenButterfly
2007-04-23, 07:35 AM
Just a quick post here, but off the top of my head I recall Mechagohma from Zelda:TP.

As usual, you know that you have to use your incredibly specific new item to beat her, and the room itself hardly gives you very many options does it? Ooo, do I control the big statues with the Dominion or....? And she seems to just jump into place to get squashed.

All of the boss fights in this game were fantastic, except this one. Looked rubbish, and just too easy.

Indon
2007-04-23, 12:38 PM
Any boss in which you 'win' by doing nothing for X rounds.

Alternately, Gyigas (sp) from Earthbound.

At least we know what Paula prays to... Deus ex Machina. Oh, BURN!

Setra
2007-04-23, 12:41 PM
when i find it well easy on bahmult lagoon after chatpor 6 every boss is easy but i haven't compleaty the game yet so i say up to chaptor 21
Even the final boss is easy in Bahamut Lagoon...

The game is fairly easy, especially once one of your Dragons becomes Invulnerable.

Sephiroth
2007-04-23, 01:38 PM
true anyway on MUGEN (with certiy ppl) i think oda nobunaga vs sephy i would WHOOP his but but then again without sephy he WHOOP my but so it like a 50/50 anyway i could name each easy boss from each game i have but that would take AGES

Glaivemaster
2007-04-23, 02:13 PM
Two words: Jade. Golem.

There is not a single fight Spirit Thief / Jade Golem hasn't won.

QFT. Once I got it I put as much levelling into it as possible. Nothing was a challenge from then on

Wyrmslave
2007-04-23, 07:15 PM
Zeromus in FFIV.

Just get yourself Rosa, Kain, Edge, and Porom and it's an easy win. Edge - Throw shurikens
Kain - Jump, FTW!
Rosa & Porom - Heal and Buff
Cecil - Aggro

Him or Innis in .hack//Mutation. I felt full of guilt, shame, and dissatisfaction...

Mewtarthio
2007-04-23, 08:22 PM
Any boss in which you 'win' by doing nothing for X rounds.

Alternately, Gyigas (sp) from Earthbound.

At least we know what Paula prays to... Deus ex Machina. Oh, BURN!

I thought she prayed to the player. Talk about your ego trips!

Murongo
2007-04-23, 08:26 PM
I hate the final fantasy quiz. I always get Cloud. I hate cloud. Gah.

Setra
2007-04-23, 09:04 PM
Zeromus in FFIV.

Just get yourself Rosa, Kain, Edge, and Porom and it's an easy win. Edge - Throw shurikens
Kain - Jump, FTW!
Cecil - Aggro

Him or Innis in .hack//Mutation. I felt full of guilt, shame, and dissatisfaction...
.... *groan*

Zeromus is MUCH easier on FFIV Advance.

Indon
2007-04-23, 09:25 PM
I thought she prayed to the player. Talk about your ego trips!

"Are you a god?"

"Well, I've beaten Earthbound, so yes!"

"Oh, all right." *doors close, NYC returns to normal*

Maerok
2007-04-23, 09:32 PM
Jack of Blades from Fable.

The expansion version (draco-Jack) wasn't too bad, but the first one was a strafe and chop affair. Then an insane set of credits before I could save. Fable was really a disappointment all-and-all. I liked it more when it was still in the conceptual stages, IIRC it was called Project Ego. They didn't really come through on all the features they had said they would include.

Props for the mask though, which I took, of course.

Wyrmslave
2007-04-23, 09:35 PM
.... *groan*

Zeromus is MUCH easier on FFIV Advance.

Bleh, not my fault I was conceived in '92 :smallcool:

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-04-23, 09:38 PM
The fourth form (final) of Boss Cass in Ty the Tasmanian Devil II. It's even worse than Mechagohma's second form. Mostly because, scale-wise, he's much bigger than an Eye-Spider.

Also Fyron from ToZ:TP. I found this the easiest in that game, far easier than any of the others.

Woot Spitum
2007-04-24, 01:27 PM
Boc from Jedi Knight, if you chose the light side. Boc has neither force seeing nor force pull. Which means that if you use persuasion to make yourself invisible, you can just get behind him and blow him away with the gun of your choice. Cheap, but effective.

king.com
2007-04-25, 02:54 AM
WHOLE game is emilster who is lvl 60 mage them mages are just 20-30 odd anyway irenicus is must be like 22 so like yes he is easy .

First off the "4000" was an exaggeration due to the masive level and speel difference between that mage and any other mage you could level up to that point (unless you went crazy on the xp hunting or cheated of course).

Second, another easy bad guy is the pladin leader at the end of Deus Ex: Invisible War. You just pull out the rocket launcher and unload every single rocket you have into the bunker until they tell you hes dead!

Murky_Pool
2007-04-25, 04:40 AM
James Rutland in Tomb Raider Legend.

Part of the fight is a puzzle to work out how to stop him regenerating, so that's not even techinically a fight.
His main attack is such short range melee you can dive away from it with impunity.
His other attack is grenades. Woo, glow effect and trail so you can't help but avoid them.

It's quite an insult after the japanese guy with his actual ranged abilities.

Braden
2007-04-25, 04:48 PM
Any boss really in FF12. You just have to do your combos and you can eliminate most of the health before the fight even gets started.

turtleant120
2007-04-25, 05:42 PM
Any boss really in FF12. You just have to do your combos and you can eliminate most of the health before the fight even gets started.

Except yiazmat. *shudder* He's got somewhere in the area of 20 milllion life, insta death attacks, and a trick to ge him back to full life.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-04-26, 10:58 AM

Irenicus is a level 30 mage. There's a cheat that lets you add NPCs to your party and see their level. Elminster probably doesn't have levels in that game since he never does anything. He's definately not level 60. He's not even the most powerful mage in Forgotten Realms.

Arang
2007-04-26, 11:17 AM
Irenicus is a level 30 mage. There's a cheat that lets you add NPCs to your party and see their level. Elminster probably doesn't have levels in that game since he never does anything. He's definately not level 60. He's not even the most powerful mage in Forgotten Realms.

Out of interest, who is?

EDIT: I checked out Elminster's file. He seems to be a level 29/18/1 Cleric/Mage/Thief with 100 hitpoints, 13 Strength, 18 Dexterity, Wisdom and Intelligence, 14 Constitution and 17 hit points. He has about 1650 spells, including 3 of every level 9 mage spell and 3 of each level 7 cleric spell, as well as what might be every innate ability in the game, including Berserk and Shapechanges. He has 50% resistance to fire, magic fire and magic. He also has a Robe of the Neutral Archmagi, Bracers of Defense AC 6, Ring of Protection +2, Amulet of Protection +1, Ring of Regenration, Mace +1, and a Cloak of Protection +2. Killing him gives you 25000 XP.

EvilElitest
2007-04-26, 11:21 AM
Every single boss from KH. Seph was midly challenging
from,
EE

PlatinumJester
2007-04-29, 03:15 PM
The Zelda bosses are all incredibly call but you can figure out how to beat them easily. Final boss of ToS was just pathetic. Didn't even need damn health or Raine to heal me.

Insert Name Here
2007-04-29, 03:32 PM
Maugrim from Neverwinter Nights. The only effective thing he did was cast time stop, and that was scripted.
I'll second Mephisto from Diablo II. But also, Baal. On nightmare he's not bad, hell, he doesn't get much harder, but on normal, he's hardly even a challenge. And on every difficulty, the ancients and/or his minions of destruction could easily beat him. Heck, Diablo's harder, and he's an act behind.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2007-04-29, 03:46 PM
Mephisto in D2 was a pushover. Just for fun, i took a L50 bowazon having only 3 quivers of arrows, no armor, rings, amulets, etc, and a generic L1 shortbow. If the game allowed it, she would have been nude.

I shredded him, in Nightmare. I have not tried that in Hell yet.

Setra
2007-04-29, 04:17 PM
Mephisto in D2 was a pushover. Just for fun, i took a L50 bowazon having only 3 quivers of arrows, no armor, rings, amulets, etc, and a generic L1 shortbow. If the game allowed it, she would have been nude.

I shredded him, in Nightmare. I have not tried that in Hell yet.
If you haven't tried it in Hell, then you haven't tried to beat him.

He's much harder in Hell Mode, then again so is everything else.

TOAOMT
2007-04-29, 04:37 PM
Goro from Mortal Kombat

GI Nattak From FF7

Ansem from Kingdom Hearts

Setra
2007-04-29, 05:18 PM
Goro from Mortal Kombat
Lies.. LIES!

Arang
2007-04-29, 05:23 PM
Every boss in all the NWN games. Was there even anything to them besides using brute force?

Nerd-o-rama
2007-04-29, 05:33 PM
On the final boss of the first NWN campaign, you had to use brute force on some objects in the area first before you could damage her. I also think you had to use a magic mirror or something on the final boss of SoU, but I honestly don't remember that campaign at all. Except for Deekin.

Other than that, not really. Mostly because their scripting for spellcasting NPCs was terrible. In some cases, like Klauth or Mephistopheles, you had to use a lot of brute force.

Jimp
2007-04-29, 05:56 PM
Every boss in LoZ: Wind Waker. Awesome game but the bosses were far too easy.
Final boss in FF1. I powered through him without any trouble. I felt kind of bad afterwards.

Cybren
2007-04-29, 06:20 PM
ANY solo boss in a game with a map(fft, ffta, fire emblem, etc.). Pathetic.
wvhwahawhadfsgjofg
You DID fight Weigraf, right?

Thiel
2007-04-29, 06:51 PM
Tiny the Tiger from Crash Bandicoot 2

Jerthanis
2007-04-29, 07:40 PM
I can't believe I didn't think of this before! The easiest boss in all of video gaming is Mysterio from the Spider-Man 2 the movie the game. You meet him while he's robbing a convenience store. He appears to have 3 lifebars, and gives a monologue about your doom... and then he has no attacks and a single punch is all it takes to knock him out, eating through all three lifebars. Most entertaining anti-climax ever!

Jothki
2007-04-29, 07:49 PM
Ganon in those two LoZ CD-i games. You had to hit him once with an item at range.

Setra
2007-04-29, 08:17 PM
I can't believe I didn't think of this before! The easiest boss in all of video gaming is Mysterio from the Spider-Man 2 the movie the game. You meet him while he's robbing a convenience store. He appears to have 3 lifebars, and gives a monologue about your doom... and then he has no attacks and a single punch is all it takes to knock him out, eating through all three lifebars. Most entertaining anti-climax ever!
That.. doesn't really count, and if it does, then Sephiroth in FF7 (after Safer) is still easier.

You can't lose, you don't even have to attack, the game does it for you.

Sephiroth
2007-04-30, 04:40 AM
that really not true as he attacks as well if you just stand they doing nothing
anyway i have to say is the mhand (master hand) in both mugen and ssbm

Destro_Yersul
2007-04-30, 04:56 AM
That mime guy from FF... V, was it? He copies whatever you do. Cast a spell? He casts a better spell. Attack? He does more damage. You beat him by doing nothing until he gives up.

Setra
2007-04-30, 05:46 AM
that really not true as he attacks as well if you just stand they doing nothing
anyway i have to say is the mhand (master hand) in both mugen and ssbm
True, but if you do nothing and he attacks.. you instantly counter with Omnislash, and win the battle.

That mime guy from FF... V, was it? He copies whatever you do. Cast a spell? He casts a better spell. Attack? He does more damage. You beat him by doing nothing until he gives up.
Gogo, that's his name.

And yeah, that is easy. The problem of course, is figuring this out yourself, which technically makes him difficult.

Sephiroth
2007-04-30, 09:52 AM
nooooo
goga is wait what which ff game are we saying becasue there goga in ff 6 (3) and hes a mime

Woot Spitum
2007-04-30, 10:15 AM
nooooo
goga is wait what which ff game are we saying becasue there goga in ff 6 (3) and hes a mime

Gogo, like Cid, appears in more than one game. He shows up in FFV as a secret boss. Your reward for beating him is the mime job crystal.

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-04-30, 10:24 AM
Legend of Zelda: Level 1 (and 7) boss. Slow easily predictable attacks that can be blocked if you have the magic shield.

World of Warcraft: Attumen the Huntsman. If you are able to get the key to Karazhan this guy is so simple. The definition of tank-n-spank fights.

Oblivion: Mankar Camron - My goodness is this guy easy. Just run up and chop him down. All he does is cast a few spells that don't do much damage if you are wearing shield enchanted armor.

Dhavaer
2007-05-02, 08:43 PM
The elder dragon in Dungeon Siege. I think his name was Scorch. He does barely any damage, and his entire challenge comes from the fact that he has an insane amount of hp, twice as many as the endgame boss. You could probably click on him to attack, and then go have lunch.

Indon
2007-05-02, 09:05 PM
The elder dragon in Dungeon Siege. I think his name was Scorch. He does barely any damage, and his entire challenge comes from the fact that he has an insane amount of hp, twice as many as the endgame boss. You could probably click on him to attack, and then go have lunch.

You know, I remember him. I killed him with a bow.

The bow had more range than he did.

He couldn't move.

I won.

Lord Magtok
2007-05-02, 09:11 PM
Easiest? Bob the Goldfish from both Earthworm Jim and Earthworm Jim 2. You just walk up to him and eat him.

That was fun. You didn't even have to press any buttons, Jim just did it on his own. The EWJ 2 fight with Bob was hilarious.

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-05-02, 09:46 PM
Except yiazmat. *shudder* He's got somewhere in the area of 20 milllion life, insta death attacks, and a trick to ge him back to full life.

He actually has 50 million...

But really, easiest boss would have to be....

The Magitek Armors from FF6. Auto Crossbow, couple of stabs from Locke, and magic.

"M...
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
MAGIC?!"

Easiest final boss (for me, anyway):

Chaos from FF1. Complete pushover. Consistently heal with a White Mage, cast NUKE over and over with BM, and smash him up with a Master and Knight. I mean, 2000 HP?! C'mon!

Setra
2007-05-02, 09:50 PM
He actually has 50 million...

But really, easiest boss would have to be....

The Magitek Armors from FF6. Auto Crossbow, couple of stabs from Locke, and magic.

"M...
M
M
M
M
M
M
M
MAGIC?!"

Easiest final boss (for me, anyway):

Chaos from FF1. Complete pushover. Consistently heal with a White Mage, cast NUKE over and over with BM, and smash him up with a Master and Knight. I mean, 2000 HP?! C'mon!
It depends on your level (I hear a Fast'd Master, level 50, can One Hit KO Chaos).

Plus, he can cast Cur4 and fully heal himself

Fus.Weapon 1337
2007-05-02, 09:56 PM
It depends on your level (I hear a Fast'd Master, level 50, can One Hit KO Chaos).

Plus, he can cast Cur4 and fully heal himself

I think I was somewhere around low 40's...maybe high 30's, haven't played for forever...

Yeah, my battle plan consisted of:
ALIT
TMPR
Attack
Attack

AFIR
TMPR
Attack
Attack

AICE
NUKE
Attack
Attack

FAST
NUKE
Attack
Attack

HEL3
NUKE
Attack
Attack

And so forth, using LIF2 and CUR4 when necessary, etc, etc.

Setra
2007-05-02, 10:12 PM
I think I was somewhere around low 40's...maybe high 30's, haven't played for forever...
A lot of times it depends on Luck, like most of FF1, Chaos can two hit the entire Party if you're unlucky.

I'm usually level 30 or so, but even at 40 he once two-hit my party, because he attacked both After my WW, then before him.

Also, I find that the BM is useless, I was doing more damage with the Masamune +Fast, than I was with Nuke.

So I use Ninja/RW instead.

Sephiroth
2007-05-04, 04:39 AM
i need to play ff1 pity it only in japan (is it) anyway i play ff6(3) i i found that the easy boss it the dragons i have kill (dirt fire ice and some one else) but then again i was lvl 99 and doing 9999 damg all of the time ^^

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-04, 06:44 AM
How did you possibly have the patience to level to 99? And what's the point of leveling that high anyway?

And no, Final Fantasy was released in America in its original form, for the NES. It's also been released as part of a couple of compilations: Final Fantasy Origins for the PlayStation, and Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls for the GBA.

In fact, every Final Fantasy game has now been released in North America in one form or another, either as part of a compilation, as a Game Boy Advance remake, or both.

Sephiroth
2007-05-04, 09:04 AM
errr nerd have you heard of an emulator i use it "fast speed butten" to gain lvl fast and only heal when i need to also sleep when needed i was lvl 99 at the time i fight atma ^^ i just rule at it ff6(3) damm i wanted ff aw well .
and the point is....... i just want to be uber ^^
note: is there FF1 for snes

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-05-04, 09:10 AM
...eh? FF3(6) was for SNES...

Setra
2007-05-04, 09:13 AM
...eh? FF3(6) was for SNES...
IV, V, and VI were all SNES.

Ryshan Ynrith
2007-05-04, 10:26 AM
Yeah, it just seemed odd that he would ask, as he apparently rather thoroughly beat 6 (which was on the SNES). Unless he beat it on the GBA?

Indon
2007-05-04, 03:21 PM
How did you possibly have the patience to level to 99? And what's the point of leveling that high anyway?

I did it (on the SNES, no less!) when I was much younger, to see if I could reasonably get one of the stats to wrap around with judicious use of Esper. I forget if I succeeded, but I tell you what, Kefka was pretty damned easy by that point.

I've actually hit max character level on a lot of console RPG's, come to think of it.

turtleant120
2007-05-04, 03:34 PM
I did it (on the SNES, no less!) when I was much younger, to see if I could reasonably get one of the stats to wrap around with judicious use of Esper. I forget if I succeeded, but I tell you what, Kefka was pretty damned easy by that point.

I've actually hit max character level on a lot of console RPG's, come to think of it.
THe only charecter I ever got to max levels was my dude on Fable. Started out with the physical stats to make him a warrior, ended up with a demigod. Nothing like maxed out Heaven's wrath to smite the bad guys. Of course that was after I killed everyone in oakvale. I owned every building in town.:smallbiggrin:

Nerd-o-rama
2007-05-04, 03:40 PM
errr nerd have you heard of an emulator i use it "fast speed butten" to gain lvl fast and only heal when i need to also sleep when needed i was lvl 99 at the time i fight atma ^^ i just rule at it ff6(3) damm i wanted ff aw well .
and the point is....... i just want to be uber ^^
note: is there FF1 for snes
Ah. Well, I almost never use an emulator's features like that. I think I used a savestate once when I really had to get to class or something. Call me old-fashioned.

And I still don't see the point of power-leveling in Final Fantasy VI of all games. Console RPGs are, by and large, ludicrously easy even when played straight through without grinding levels, and FFVI is one of the easiest among them. Although I will admit to spending a lot of time slaughtering Cactrots to grind Magic Points, just because I wanted to see all the spells.

And no, like I said, the first Final Fantasy (lol, irony) is available for NES, PlayStation, and GBA.

EricDerKonig
2007-05-04, 03:53 PM
I've only hit max levels in FF8, and even though the monsters level up, the game was still pretty easy. I had a tougher time against the lvl 100 Malboros than against the last boss. Omega Weapon was an interesting challenge, though, and one of the most fun boss fights I've ever had.

As for easiest boss: Probably Gigyas from Earthbound. Though if you aren't careful and he manages to take out Paula, and you're all out of Horns of Life/Secret Herbs, you can end up pretty screwed. Happened to me once.

Captain van der Decken
2007-05-04, 04:00 PM
Mephistopheles from NWN. Well, if that actually counts.

Sephiroth
2007-05-04, 05:47 PM
any boss in BG2 TOB like come on l kill them all solo dude only BG and BG2 SOA was hard i like the boss battle theme for TOB

Snipers_Promise
2007-05-04, 07:48 PM
Stermzgeist from Medal of honor: Frontline. He has the same health as a regular soldier.

Scudboy
2007-05-04, 08:56 PM

Well, you do have to fork out a large amount of cash to do that. I wound up selling basically everything I (and my henchmen) wasn't wearing at the time to the genie to pay for it. When I played through a second time, I remembered to sell to the dude at the mine instead for all the stuff I'd accumulated by then, given that he pays like five times as much for the really good stuff.

Anyway, someone who's spent to max out his magic sword (or whatever) might not be able to raise enough cash and have to fight instead.

Jerthanis
2007-05-04, 09:22 PM

Mephistopheles can totally count, since you can win automatically as long as you have a modest amount of spare gold, but it's worth noting that if you build your character wrong and don't sell items correctly he can be near enough to unbeatable. I saw a friend try to take him with a Bow wielding Rogue/Fighter multiclass (I think), and he didn't have persuade, so both the henchmen/partymembers turned on him, he didn't have appraise, and sold most of his gear to the genie, so didn't have the cash for the truename. When he finally managed to take his partymembers down. He couldn't hurt the boss faster than it could regenerate, because sneak attacks were impossible. I'm fairly sure my friend never beat the game with that character.

Scroofy
2007-05-05, 08:05 PM
The original Mario Brothers on the NES, first world Bowser...Can't get much easier than that...

Miles Invictus
2007-05-07, 01:51 AM
Mephistopheles can totally count, since you can win automatically as long as you have a modest amount of spare gold, but it's worth noting that if you build your character wrong and don't sell items correctly he can be near enough to unbeatable. I saw a friend try to take him with a Bow wielding Rogue/Fighter multiclass (I think), and he didn't have persuade, so both the henchmen/partymembers turned on him, he didn't have appraise, and sold most of his gear to the genie, so didn't have the cash for the truename. When he finally managed to take his partymembers down. He couldn't hurt the boss faster than it could regenerate, because sneak attacks were impossible. I'm fairly sure my friend never beat the game with that character.

I believe there are dialogue options that ensure your party members don't turn on you. I know there's one for Deekin, and I'm pretty sure that your particular love interest refuses automatically.

Jerthanis
2007-05-07, 10:58 AM
I believe there are dialogue options that ensure your party members don't turn on you. I know there's one for Deekin, and I'm pretty sure that your particular love interest refuses automatically.

But if you're playing a female character with the Drow assassin and Aribeth in your party you NEED persuade, I saw the guy try every conversation option available, and nothing worked without a good persuade skill. He didn't have a love interest, because he was the inappropriate gender and (I assume) it checks gender, disallowing same sex pairings. I found him easy, but I played a TWF ranger with Outsiders as her first favored enemy and the "Bane of enemies" feat, which made me do ungodly damage to outsiders. And then when I played through as a rogue he had the appraise skill (most overpowered skill in the game! I had +10 swords before leaving the Underdark! I bought every single true name with plenty left over.) and just told Mephistopheles to bugger off. I admit though, that the fight CAN be pretty hard if you let it, but for the most part is pretty easy. (though it looks really epic, with you flying all over the place as the city burns, fighting demons and elementals and stuff.)

Another easy boss was the hag-thing from Thief III, I don't know about anyone else, but she only saw me once, and when she did, I just booked it across the city and she couldn't keep up. People were so busy dying or killing in the streets that I didn't even have to bother with stealth half the time, and by then you know the city so well that stealthing through it is a breeze anyway (since you do so between every mission) Awesome climax, and a great ending I thought, particularly if you've played the first and second, but the actual difficulty of the VERY last level was dwarfed by how difficult Shaelbridge Cradle and the Keeper's tower were.

Penguinizer
2007-05-07, 11:00 AM
Hmm. I might aswell add the controller or pseudo giant from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. for the pseudo giant you run on top of a walkway and unload burst fire from your scoped ak into the things head. (which is ginormous) and for the controller you run next to it (which stops it from using psy attacks) and unload full auto fire on its face.

Indon
2007-05-07, 12:06 PM
As for easiest boss: Probably Gigyas from Earthbound. Though if you aren't careful and he manages to take out Paula, and you're all out of Horns of Life/Secret Herbs, you can end up pretty screwed. Happened to me once.

And without Paula, you can't even make peace with God before you die...

Holy_Knight
2007-05-07, 12:47 PM
Zeromus in FFIV.

Kain - Jump, FTW!
Cecil - Aggro

Wait, what? You mean Rydia, not Porom, right? Or did they change something in the Advance version?

Every single boss from KH. Seph was midly challenging
from,
EE
Aw, come on, that stupid robot thing out in the desert was pretty tough, if only becuase it's totally cheap.

Okay, for my entry, let me say that I can't believe that after 6 pages and several Diablo 2 references, no one else has mentioned: The Summoner! I remember getting to the end of the Arcane Sanctum my first time through, being ready for a massive battle... then saying "Huh?" as he literally died in two hits.

thorgrim29
2007-05-07, 01:04 PM
easyest boss.....most of KOTOR's bosses, if not all, Fettle in fear, but alma got me a few times, especially since I was so fraked out from the sequence I had to take a break everytime.... this reminds me I must get this extremely stressed-out girl I know to play fear......

Setra
2007-05-08, 05:50 AM
Wait, what? You mean Rydia, not Porom, right? Or did they change something in the Advance version?
Yes, in the advance version you can use anyone during the final bossfight.

Actually you have to use everyone to get through to the secret bossfight.

Grug
2007-05-08, 06:56 AM
Easiest boss is obvious. Mysterio from spiderman two. It's a mind game, that's all. He taunts you as his multilayered lifebar fills up and there's a crescendo in the music. Then you punch him once and he surrenders. Not to mention he's robbing a freaking grocery store, even though he had already taken over the entire statue of liberty once and had flying saucers.

Indon
2007-05-09, 10:19 AM
Okay, for my entry, let me say that I can't believe that after 6 pages and several Diablo 2 references, no one else has mentioned: The Summoner! I remember getting to the end of the Arcane Sanctum my first time through, being ready for a massive battle... then saying "Huh?" as he literally died in two hits.

Hey, this guy's pretty hard, if you're a summoner, too; he'll just freeze-lock your creations on the stairs with his Glacial Spike.

I generally have to kill him with Bone Spirit. Takes forever...

Indon
2007-05-09, 10:22 AM

Hey, this guy's pretty hard, if you're a summoner, too; he'll just freeze-lock your creations on the stairs with his Glacial Spike.

Dhavaer
2007-05-10, 02:37 AM

Try Bone Spear. It seems to be more effective for some reason.

And the Summoner is definately a glass cannon. He can hit pretty hard, though, if you can't dodge his Glacial Spikes.

Setra
2007-05-10, 12:23 PM
Try Bone Spear. It seems to be more effective for some reason.

And the Summoner is definately a glass cannon. He can hit pretty hard, though, if you can't dodge his Glacial Spikes.
He can also use Fireball, albeit rarely, but those hit harder and either one can usually two hit something with low-average Vitality.

Of course he usually dies very quickly.

Jonrea
2007-05-10, 05:40 PM
Well just beat FFX, and yeah, a little dissappointed with the final battles. I beat Jecht by spamming Aeons (actually, just Bahamut FTW), then the battles vs. the Aeons was SICKENGLY easy, and then Yu Yevon himself? Zombie Attack; Phoenix Down.

I expect more after final fights when I've put in so much gameplay.

Setra
2007-05-10, 05:49 PM
Well just beat FFX, and yeah, a little dissappointed with the final battles. I beat Jecht by spamming Aeons (actually, just Bahamut FTW), then the battles vs. the Aeons was SICKENGLY easy, and then Yu Yevon himself? Zombie Attack; Phoenix Down.

I expect more after final fights when I've put in so much gameplay.
Technically.. The Aeons and yu Yevon weren't bossfights. They're more like.. Story Battles, seeing as the result is always the same.

However Jecht is incredibly easy.

Flying Elephant
2007-05-10, 05:50 PM
Absolutely. Well, the first time against him I lost (Magic Missle doesn't work, blast it!), but the second time I fought him with Deekin (melee optomized), Aribeth, and all the rods of ressurection I could find. Sure, I used 1 and a half rods, but I barely did anything.

Tussy the Druid
2007-05-10, 07:18 PM
Spider-man 2. Mysterio. ok, so technically, he's SUPPOSED to go down in one hit, but i was freakin out until i just punched him.