PDA

View Full Version : The n00bkiller

Enzario
2007-04-07, 01:56 PM
This character is designed to kill those stupid people who are new to the game and make that fact painfully obvious. This is not a full stat, simply a preliminary concept.

You see before you what seems to be an oversized barnacle, dark, mottled brown in color. It has several tentacle-like appendages, that seem to reach toward you, and though it has no visible visual apparatus, it seems constantly aware of you.

Small Fey
2 HP (HD 1d4/2)

Natural armor bonus +20
n00bkilling: any person within a 100 foot radius who utters the words "I kill it" immediately drops dead, no save.
Light fortification: 25% chance to negate sneak attack or critical hit.
A n00bkiller is immune to coup de grace attacks.

If you think that I am serious in this creation, you need to learn the meaning of sarcasm.

Indon
2007-04-07, 01:58 PM
You need to specify that the ability affects _players_, killing _them_ (or maybe their characters if you want to keep the gloves on) without a save.

daggaz
2007-04-07, 02:31 PM
Yeah ok. So instead of working intrigue, mystery, danger, and consequences into your story, you want to just toss in a random, non-fleshed out creature with an arbitrary insta-kill ability?

Who's the n00b here, again?

And yeah, I saw your comment about not being serious at the bottom. Comments like that, I don't know... It's just like going up to a stranger, and saying horrible horrible things about their mother, their sister, and how you are gonna gank them as soon as they turn around, and then trying to disarm the situation by saying, "heh, just kidding, relax buddy! its just a joke."

In other words, it doesnt really work, and whats the whole point of saying it. (or if you are serious, then whats the point of the original post?). Either way... meh.

Enzario
2007-04-07, 02:45 PM
I'm sorry. This post was a lash out of anger at people who constantly interrupt the DM by saying "I kill it." I can be very cruel at times:miko:,,,

dorshe1
2007-04-07, 02:50 PM
Oh yeah? Well you didn't say 'how' he killed it. I'll hire a lvl 20 wizard to do it. yeah... that's it.....

daggaz
2007-04-07, 02:50 PM
Figured as much. I should apologize for lashing out at you considering... And so I do. Sorry man.

But why not just punish them ingame... maybe they get caught and beat up and ridiculed by the townsfolk, or they inadvertantly screw some quest up, or make it so the BBEG can hurt them more easily. As long as they are punished and are aware of it.

There's a thousand ways to humiliate players if you really, really need to. I'd just say, if your trying to do it because they are so uncreative, then try to be as creative as possible. Dont stoop to their level.

Edit: Heh actually, theres a bunch of stories in the PC Stupidity thread, that deal with specifically this kind of thing.

Roethke
2007-04-07, 03:00 PM
No, no, next time they pull something like this is the perfect time to recount the story of the Gazebo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_and_the_Gazebo (this is an extremely dry version. Googling will probably get a much more entertaining one).

Should they fail to take the lesson, then there are plenty of encounters you can design which will be much more satisfying than the n00bkiller. Basically, the way to go about is to give the PC's enough rope, and invariably they will come up with a way to hang themselves.

daggaz
2007-04-07, 03:05 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats HILLARIOUS!!

ZOMGBBQ! A Gazebo! RUN! (those things have like 7 natural attacks and can gate in lesser demons... i think)

Roethke
2007-04-07, 03:11 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA! Thats HILLARIOUS!!

ZOMGBBQ! A Gazebo! RUN! (those things have like 7 natural attacks and can gate in lesser demons... i think)

Ah, yes. Here's a much better version
http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/98/Jul/gazebo.html

Though I wonder what it would gate in? Animated picnic tables?

Indon
2007-04-07, 04:12 PM
I imagine they'd gate in Grassy Knolls.

Tor the Fallen
2007-04-07, 04:26 PM
The tentacles make it sound more like an aberration than a fey.

Kel_Arath
2007-04-07, 09:01 PM
The tentacles make it sound more like an aberration than a fey.
or an octopus!

Kultrum
2007-04-07, 09:06 PM
Figured as much. I should apologize for lashing out at you considering... And so I do. Sorry man.

But why not just punish them ingame... maybe they get caught and beat up and ridiculed by the townsfolk, or they inadvertantly screw some quest up, or make it so the BBEG can hurt them more easily. As long as they are punished and are aware of it.

There's a thousand ways to humiliate players if you really, really need to. I'd just say, if your trying to do it because they are so uncreative, then try to be as creative as possible. Dont stoop to their level.

Edit: Heh actually, theres a bunch of stories in the PC Stupidity thread, that deal with specifically this kind of thing.

make sure that the town guard/ people beat them up no PC classes just commoner and warrior
unbridled burn