PDA

View Full Version : Optimizers Wanted (Pathfinder): +5 Bane of Dungeon Masters

CallMeGlorion
2015-02-23, 05:18 AM
I hesitate to call any class in Pathfinder "overpowered," but I have seen several obviously broken builds before. I'm interested in hearing what everyone else thinks, and see what we can collectively break. Let's see how rediculous this can get.

Arbane
2015-02-23, 05:33 AM
Wizard 20. Too easy? :smallbiggrin:

Over on the Paizo forums, someone came up with the Songbird of Doom (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rzop?The-Songbird-of-Doom-A-Guide-to-a-most), a rather tricky build that should get books thrown at you.

IZ42
2015-02-23, 08:23 AM
Arcanist 20 is pretty strong. Other than that, I got nothing.

Also, the Synthesist isn't as powerful as people would lead you to believe. It loses action economy, meaning you have to choose between spellcasting and face shredding each round, where a base or Master Summoner can do both at once, but the Master Summoner does it with summoned minions, not his Eidolon.

Forrestfire
2015-02-23, 04:15 PM
Wizard 20, Cleric 20, Druid 20, Arcanist 20, Oracle 20, Witch 20, Summoner 20 (normal is stronger than synthesist, but synth is incredibly easy to break), Sorcerer 20, Psion 20, uh...

Did I miss any? :smalltongue:

IZ42
2015-02-23, 06:07 PM
You missed one: Shaman 20. Skald can also get pretty broke, but is still balanced.

Benthesquid
2015-02-23, 07:21 PM
I always liked this little broken bit of nonsense.

Play a dwarf. Sink all of your money into Quickdraw Shields with the Throwing Shield extra feature, 103 gp a pop. At level 20, by WBL, you can afford 8543 of them. As a dwarf, you can carry them all without being slowed down. Due to the Quickdraw and Throwing Shield features, you can draw and throw all of them as a free action.

JBPuffin
2015-02-23, 07:57 PM

Play a dwarf. Sink all of your money into Quickdraw Shields with the Throwing Shield extra feature, 103 gp a pop. At level 20, by WBL, you can afford 8543 of them. As a dwarf, you can carry them all without being slowed down. Due to the Quickdraw and Throwing Shield features, you can draw and throw all of them as a free action.

Captain America wishes he could qualify as a dwarf right now...:smallbiggrin:. BEHOLD THE AVALANCHE OF CIRCULAR PROTECTION DISKS!!!

IZ42
2015-02-23, 10:00 PM

*reads this. Looks at rules for throwing shields. Scratches out all Tier 1 classes and writes Dwarven Shield Champion Brawler 20 as the new(and only) Tier 1 class.*

Forrestfire
2015-02-23, 10:10 PM
What happens when you fight something that can engage you from more than 50 feet away? Or that can kill you in their surprise round? Or is just immune to damage (which is something any of these classes can get at high enough levels of TO)?

I realize it's said in jest, but "instantly does tons of damage" is T4, not T1.

Benthesquid
2015-02-23, 11:07 PM
What happens when you fight something that can engage you from more than 50 feet away? Or that can kill you in their surprise round? Or is just immune to damage (which is something any of these classes can get at high enough levels of TO)?

I realize it's said in jest, but "instantly does tons of damage" is T4, not T1.

Indeed- which is why I said broken, not optimized.

Forrestfire
2015-02-24, 12:16 AM
Oh yes, it's definitely broken. That was more referring to IZ42's comment.

Kurald Galain
2015-02-24, 05:45 AM
Didn't we just have this thread yesterday? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?400295-How-to-Break)

Ooh, that goes to the dysfunctional thread :D

FabulousFizban
2015-02-24, 08:44 PM

I had this idea a while ago actually. Instead of buying a billion shields, buy one shield and a blinkback belt. Unlimited attacks per turn.

IZ42
2015-02-24, 08:53 PM
I had this idea a while ago actually. Instead of buying a billion shields, buy one shield and a blinkback belt. Unlimited attacks per turn.

In theory. The DM still has the right to limit your free actions per turn, but coming up with builds like that is exceptionally fun. Speaking of which, I'm thinking of building a Trip Everything Build as a Monk, using 3.5 and PF sources. Not necessarily gonna be going monk 20.

Doctor Awkward
2015-02-24, 09:49 PM

I think I found some footage of that build in action. (http://youtu.be/qBMh9hUo_3g)