PDA

View Full Version : Khaasta (Planar Lizardfolk) PC race.

M Placeholder
2015-02-23, 07:05 AM
I'm planning a campaign for Planescape, and I want to include the Khaasta as a playable race. The trouble is, the stats that are included in the 3.5 fan update has an ECL of +7, and since I'm wanting them to be available as a race straight off the bat and Im starting the campaign at level 3, a +2 LA Khaasta would be ideal. Could someone be kind enough to stat one for me?

http://www.lomion.de/cmm/khaasta.php

Sian
2015-02-23, 07:12 AM
... Wouldn't Homebrew be a more proper place to ask for this?

M Placeholder
2015-02-23, 07:18 AM
... Wouldn't Homebrew be a more proper place to ask for this?

The Khaasta are an established race in the D&D verse, so I figured here is best. They were in 3rd edition in the sourcebook "Serpent Kingdoms", but the portrayal of them was quite different from the one in 2nd edition.

Here are the Planescape planewalker stats for them

+8 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +4 Constitution, +2 Intelligence: Khaasta are incredibly strong
and tough, as well as deviously clever.
• Medium-size monstrous humanoid.
• Khaasta base speed is 30 feet.
• Khaasta possess darkvision to 60 feet.
• Kooth Proficiency: The kooth is the khaasta’s ritual weapon, two crescent blades in a 45°
angle to each other on a 10-foot pole. All khaasta are proficient with the kooth.
• Khaasta receive a +6 natural armor bonus.
• Natural Weapons: All khaasta have a bite attack that does 1d4 + Strength modifier points of
piercing damage.
• Automatic Languages: Khaasta, Planar Trade, home region. Bonus Languages: Abyssal,
Draconic, Slaad, Undercommon.
• Plane of Origin: Often the Outlands.
• Favored Class: Rogue.
• Monster Hit Dice: Khaasta have 3d8 + Con modifier hit points in addition to class levels.
From these Hit Dice, they have a BAB +3 and base saves of Fortitude +1, Reflex +3, and Will
+3. They also have (2 + Int modifier) x 6 skill points. Their class skills for these skill points
are Climb, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Knowledge (the planes), Ride, Spot, and Wilderness
Lore. They also have 2 feats and proficiency with all simple weapons.
• Level Adjustment +3. With their 3 Hit Dice, khaasta have an ECL of 6, so a 1st level khaasta
rogue will have 4 Hit Dice (3 from race, 1 from class) and be equivalent to a 7th level
character.

Im looking for something that has an ECL of +2.

Sian
2015-02-23, 07:33 AM
Serpent Kingdoms, mainly point towards their statblock in Fiend Folio, and as you're looking of a reinterpretation of that statblock i'd say Homebrew would be the place to go

Karl Aegis
2015-02-23, 07:36 AM
+4 Strength -2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence.
Medium size.
A Khaasta’s base land speed is 40 feet.
Darkvision out to 60 feet.
Racial Hit Dice: A Khaasta begins with two levels of humanoid, which provide 2d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +1, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +3, Ref +0, and Will +0.
Racial Skills: A troglodyte’s humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 5 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Bluff, Hide, Intimidate, Listen, Search and Survival. Khaastas have a +2 racial bonus on Bluff and Survival checks.
Racial Feats: A Khaasta's humanoid levels give it one feat. A Khaasta receives Martial Weapon Proficiency(Greataxe) and Martial Weapon Proficiency (Greatsword) as bonus feats.
+4 natural armor bonus.
Natural Weapons: Bite (1d6).
Automatic Languages: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common, Giant, Goblin, Orc.
Favored Class: Warblade.
Level adjustment +1.

I used troglodyte as a base and tried to keep it as faithful to the description as possible without making it suck too bad. You can probably drop the 2 hit dice and up the LA to +2.

M Placeholder
2015-02-23, 07:58 AM
Thanks. Ill probably change the Automatic Language to Planar Trade (I.e the Cant), the bonus languages to Abyssal, Draconic and Common to use in the game.