PDA

View Full Version : demonic dealings: magical assurance?

Kol Korran
2015-02-23, 07:34 AM
In my campaign the party got into a sort of a mess- they agreed to get a glaberzu freed from a variant imprisonment spell for a wish. However, this variant makes the freeing character change places with the imprisoned, and trapped one of the characters. (Ninja level 10, mythic tier 3 if that matter. The rest of the party decided to try and find another demon to trick them to free their friend, and take his place.

However, I thought to try and use it for something else: I think the party's Nemesis/ BBEG (A mythical glaberzu demon. Temptation, schemes, manipulation and control themed) might appear before the trapped character (She was the one who caused the initial imprisonment and might know of any change) and will offer an exchange: the party is trying to achieve two goals this demon has failed in doing: tracking down another rogue demon (not the class), and getting a McGuffin artifact.
She will try to offer freeing the character (mabe also a wish, as long as it doesn't endanger the demon) in exchange to knowing when they find the rogue, or maybe delivering the artifact. (We will play this before the full party session).

But here is my problem... if the player agrees, the demon will seek to use some sort of magical assurance so that he doesn't simply go back on this. This doesn't need to be full proof, but powerful enough to have a good chance to resist up to 6th level spells. (The demon might have access up to 8th)

We have rarely played in such levels, and I am not familiar enough with the spells and magic items of such levels. Anything that might be able to work?

All suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

weckar
2015-02-23, 08:01 AM
An improved Geas/Quest?

Kol Korran
2015-02-25, 12:52 PM
I just read the spell, and hand a Homer's "d'oh!" moment. (At least, I think that's how it's called). Could work nicely. Thank you!