PDA

View Full Version : Amazonian Berserker

Reprimand
2015-02-23, 04:18 PM
so real quick can I get a breakdown of everything I'd want to get out of an ubercharger power attack etc build for reference?

+str race

Barbarian (lion totem) x?/frenzied beserker y? / z?

Itemization priority

feat choices power attack bull rush shock trooper etc but what else.

Rebel7284
2015-02-23, 04:20 PM
Leap Attack, Headlong Rush

Solaris
2015-02-23, 04:23 PM
Is it Pathfinder or 3.5E?

Reprimand
2015-02-23, 04:28 PM
Is it Pathfinder or 3.5E?

Can I get advice for both? I play the same character either way but it helps to have a build for both games.

@rebel where is headlong rush from?

Sian
2015-02-23, 04:48 PM
@rebel where is headlong rush from?

Races of Faerun

Reprimand
2015-02-23, 06:26 PM
Let's just go with 3.5 then what would a standard frenzied beserker uber charger build look like? lets just stick with core+ completes and the books for shocktrooper and leap attack though

TheCrowing1432
2015-02-23, 06:31 PM
The feats for the uber charger are as follows.

Power Attack (Core)
Improved Bullrush (Core)
Shocktrooper (Complete Warrior)
Leap Attack (Complete Adventurer)

Headlong Rush is Orc only and from Races of Faerun.

If you're going Barbarian, Id suggest Reckless Rage, it ups your STR by +2 but further decreases your AC by two, which considering you're ubercharging, doesnt matter.

Rhino Hide does an Extra 2d6 Damage on a charge, the Valorious Weapon enchantment doubles all damage on a charge.

Headlong Rush is 3.0 material, so if thats a problem, use a valorious weapon.

Rebel7284
2015-02-23, 06:40 PM
The feats for the uber charger are as follows.
Headlong Rush is Orc only and from Races of Faerun.

Orc only isn't really a problem with Water Orcs being the best race for this anyway. With or without Dragonborn stacked on top.

TheCrowing1432
2015-02-23, 06:49 PM
Orc only isn't really a problem with Water Orcs being the best race for this anyway. With or without Dragonborn stacked on top.

Why are water orcs good?

And Goliath id argue is better

Reprimand
2015-02-23, 06:55 PM
Other than frenzied berserker what other sorts of things might fit into this? Not Bear Warrior tho, doesn't fit the concept.

Also what would a standard build look like in terms of levels?

TheCrowing1432
2015-02-23, 07:07 PM
really depends on where you want to go, no doubt that Babarian is where you want to go.

Lion Totem/Whirling Frenzy Barbarian 1. - Nabs you pounce and whirling frenzy gets you an extra attack when you rage, but you dont get the con bonus when you rage.
Wolf Totem Barbarian Barbarian 2 grabs you improved trip if you want to ditch uncanny dodge.

After that, Id suggest going warblade, manuevers can be used while raging and they can give you other things to do when you cant charge.

Unfortunatly, Frenzied Berzerker has a 4 feat limit. Cleave, Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage and Power Attack.

If you're going for Uber charger AND Berzerker, you're going to need to pick up some bonus feats

Going Human gets you one.

Fighter as always are good for feats, and if your dm allows it, flaws.

Reprimand
2015-02-23, 07:12 PM
Uh more like lion totem for pounce + rage and then I need to qualify for frenzied berserker

just figher levels? are there any barbarian/amazon-isquie classes that net bonus feats?

I can't use tome of battle

sideswipe
2015-02-23, 07:16 PM
battle jump is a thing. along with martial study sudden leap.

allows you to jump as a swift action and it counts as a charge. you ubercharge from it. this is on top of your normal charge attack. if you have boots of battle charger you charge as a standard, then you can move away, hit a dc 15 tumble and you don't provoke from anyone. then you can charge again and you don't get full attacked. if you have ring of invisibility your move action will mean you are not hit in the next turn when you are vunerable.

how optimised do you want to go?

just read no TOB,but some of it is still relevant.

TheCrowing1432
2015-02-23, 07:18 PM
Uh more like lion totem for pounce + rage and then I need to qualify for frenzied berserker

just figher levels? are there any barbarian/amazon-isquie classes that net bonus feats?

I can't use tome of battle

i think you misunderstood what I meant.

Whirling Frenzy is an ACF for babarians which replaces their normal rage bonuses +4 Str, +2 Con -2 AC and replaces it with +4 Strength and the ability to make an additional attack per turn at your highest attack bonus and -2 AC.

Pounce replaces fast movement. You can take as many ACF's as you want as long as it doesnt replace the same ones.

Fighter Levels are the only ones that give bonus feats, all the feats that Frenzied Berzerkers need are fighter bonus feats except the rage related ones, which can be taken with your normal level ups.

And no, there are no barbarian/amazoness classes that do that.

DeltaEmil
2015-02-23, 07:19 PM
Using the Wolf Totem alternate barbarian class feature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wolfTotemClassFeatures ) nets you Improved Trip and Track, and can be combined with the Spirit Lion Totem from Complete Champion, as they do not give up the same things.

Aside from this, handbooks (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1472)are a great source of help.

Reprimand
2015-02-23, 07:22 PM
Using the Wolf Totem alternate barbarian class feature (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wolfTotemClassFeatures ) nets you Improved Trip and Track, and can be combined with the Spirit Lion Totem from Complete Champion, as they do not give up the same things.

Aside from this, handbooks (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=1472)are a great source of help.

I knew what whirling frenzy is but normal rage seems more in character and I think I like the con bonus more than the dex or extra attack.

I didn't know the totems could be combined so that rocks

and the handbooks should prove useful too!