PDA

View Full Version : Dashing Adventurer build advice - Bard Factotum Swashbuckler kind of thing?

JW86
2015-02-23, 09:51 PM
Hi!

Just feeling inspired to pre-gen some backup characters in case my current one meets an untimately end.

I'm picturing a dashing, handsome, heroic, brave adventurer. Perhaps somebody who has sailed the seas, delved the dungeons, explored the jungles, scaled the mountains, partied with nobility and thieves alike, and bested many a thug and monster in combat.

Somebody keen-witted and charismatic, with a mean rapier. Somebody flamboyant.

Now, my system mastery with some of the classes I'm thinking might cover this are not advanced at all. I'm guessing that classes like Bard, Swashbuckler and Factotum are in the right ballpark, but I'm feeling a little lost at how best to combine them into a workable build.

Level 3 start, most 3.5 allowed, perhaps even Dragon mag.

Some of the Bard spells would be great - Alter Self, Glibness, and some of the music and knowledge would be useful.

I hear Dragonfire Inspiration is pretty good - how best to make this work?

Also, I hear Iajutsu Focus is pretty good, too! - Again, how best to make this work?

Sorry if this is a little loose-ended, I'd love some ideas on how to make a Swashbuckling Rapier-weilding hero.