PDA

View Full Version : Original System Brainiac, the system of mad science

Beetlegeuse
2015-02-24, 04:59 AM
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17_wOAfCASc6KDHzVe-USjTGkmiYPbkWCpr6Ajl4zNxc/edit

Brainiac is a system I designed/am designing to run more zany Mad Scientist games. Basically, the PC's are all Mad Scientists, they do projects to make gear, they slowly go nuts, and they deal with the legions of evil

Now, by the very nature of its design, it requires players who are more interested in the fluff than the crunch, but the fact that most of the progression is equipment based, with increasing skills only giving better chances to get to that equipment, means that characters just starting out can still get some neat gear.

Now, the things in progress, but I WOULD like to here any opinions and criticism on this thing, since its my first time making a game.

Noje
2015-02-25, 08:50 PM
When I first started reading this, I got super pumped. I love the concept of the game.

While I understand that this game is a work in process, there are a few things that I would like to see in the game:

*A system for gathering resources to accomplish projects

*improvement of laboratories

*more rules for creating items (perhaps a point system where you distribute your points in each category)

*more rules about interacting with the outer world (e.g. citizens getting upset over the players' "questionable" decisions).

*provide support for projects that are not combat based.

I also have a few questions about the game:

*What motivation do players have for working together?

*How do armor and shields work?

*Could you give an example of the combat system in action?

*how does progression throughout the game work?

Once again, I love the idea, and these are things that I think would be neat. If what I am saying doesn't match your vision of the game, then don't concern yourself about it (its your game, after all). either way, I would love to play it when it is completed!