PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Magus Greater Spell Access

Arc_knight25
2015-02-24, 08:44 AM
What Spells would you take from the wizard/sorc spell list?

You get 2 for each level 0-6 what would you pick.

These are the ones I would take. I have multiples for some levels as I'm not sure what I would want to take.

Touch of Fatigue, Message
Restore Corpse, Touch of Gracelessness, Air Bubble.
Book Ward, Detect thoughts, See invisibility, Touch of Idiocy, Alter Self
*Magic Circle, Nondetection, Protection from Energy, Blood Bio
Summon Monster 4, Greater False Life, Acid Pit
Summon Monster 5,*Lesser Planar Binding, Sending, Mage's Private Sanctum, Wave's of Fatigue, Mud to Rock, Rock to Mud, Permanency
Summon Monster 6, *Planar binding, Analyze Dweomer, Legend Lore, Contingency, Permanent Image

I know it is a lot of going back an forth from each spell list, but I'm hoping people will show me their potential lists.

Kurald Galain
2015-02-24, 09:44 AM
I've found surprisingly few good spells for either this or the Spell Blending arcana.

Air Bubble is situational enough that you could just carry a potion.
See Invis is nice, but Glitterdust also does the trick and is already on your list.
I'm not really seeing the point of Restore Corpse or Book Ward.
Most touch attacks allow a saving throw for their target, making them less desirable on a magus. Touch of Idiocy is an exception here, making it very good.
Prot from Energy is also a good pick.

To add to your list: Dazzling Blade is very nice on a magus.

Arc_knight25
2015-02-24, 09:58 AM
I put, Book Ward and Restore Corpse because of how I am playing my Magus currently, He is more of a utility type as opposed to straight up damage.

Dazzeling Blade seems good for a Magus trying to focus on a CMB type build (ie trip, disarm, etc) the Will save come later levels is easily dealt with. But definitely a good spell lower level.

stack
2015-02-24, 11:42 AM
I'm not sure about grabbing the high level summon spells. They are fine if you want them for utility, but the summon's aren't going to do much in combat at the level you get them.

Arc_knight25
2015-02-24, 01:13 PM
I know at that level the Summons are alittle lack luster, more used as speed bumps then anything else. The ones with Asterisks I would be trying to optimize Planar bindings, for down time.

Psyren
2015-02-24, 03:20 PM
I'm a fan of Twilight Knife. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/t/twilight-knife) Permanency, Greater Invisibility, Telepathic Bond, Echolocation, Emergency Force Sphere and Planar Adaptation are good for utility. No-save debuffs, like Waves of Fatigue or Enervation, are nasty with spell combat prior to firing off your full-attack or using a combat maneuver. There's a lot of good stuff out there for Magi to learn.