PDA

View Full Version : Publishing Campaigns?

Nicrosil
2015-02-24, 11:20 AM
Hello Playground, I'm back with another stupid question. My friend and DM is interested in publishing a few campaigns and adventures he's written, partly for fun, experience, and maybe a bit of cash. The problem is, he has no idea how to do it. We've thought about Kickstarter and DrivethruRPG, but he just doesn't know what to do. Any suggestions, tips, or advice?

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong board!

LibraryOgre
2015-02-24, 12:28 PM
Kinda depends on what he's looking for. However, a brief disclaimer in Mod Voice.

The Mod Wonder: Please remember, folks, no legal advice.

That said, a Kickstarter is probably a better bet if you intend to be publishing things long-term, or working up a coherent line. I don't see it as getting a lot of attention as a "pre-buy the adventure we've already written!"; it's not the sort of thing that draws kickstarter attention.

I'd say something along the lines of a DriveThru RPG, particularly with a free intro to get people interested in your larger campaign, would be a good way to get started.

Nicrosil
2015-02-24, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the advice! Would the system he use matter at all?

LibraryOgre
2015-02-24, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the advice! Would the system he use matter at all?

Sorta? I imagine he'll have an easier time getting sales with a popular system... no one's going buy an adventure for "Uncle Bob's Obscure System", but they might for "Generic System Du Juor".