PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Best and Worst Uses of Leadership

Elricaltovilla
2015-02-24, 03:11 PM
I'm running a Kingmaker game in real life, and while we're a ways away from it being a problem, one of my players discovered the leadership feat and is already plotting out ways to use it in the campaign. While he hasn't presented me with anything that seems too derailing (besides wanting a Brass Dragon cohort, which I told him no, due to the existence of certain plot points/enemies in the Adventure Path), I know this will come up once the kingdom stuff starts going.

In order to keep a reign on what I know to be a very easy to break feat, but one that I consider completely appropriate for the campaign, what advice or anecdotes can the playground offer me for dealing with Leadership?

PsyBomb
2015-02-24, 04:24 PM
I'm running a Kingmaker game in real life, and while we're a ways away from it being a problem, one of my players discovered the leadership feat and is already plotting out ways to use it in the campaign. While he hasn't presented me with anything that seems too derailing (besides wanting a Brass Dragon cohort, which I told him no, due to the existence of certain plot points/enemies in the Adventure Path), I know this will come up once the kingdom stuff starts going.

In order to keep a reign on what I know to be a very easy to break feat, but one that I consider completely appropriate for the campaign, what advice or anecdotes can the playground offer me for dealing with Leadership?

As a general rule, do not allow your player to "stack" the feat multiple times by taking it on followers. That, and make sure to note that the Cohort is an NPC, and the player does NOT get to build it from scratch, nor 100% control its actions. Without those, the feat is manageable.

Followers tend to not be much of an issue if the above are enforced the same way.