PDA

View Full Version : Best reoccuring "villian" build ever?

...Eh?
2007-04-07, 06:19 PM
*This guy requires you to use your SUPAH DM POWAHS for a bit of the process. Also, sorry if I get some of the mechanics wrong, I'm not very good at this.*

A 20th level human monk with gloves of +6 Dexterity, giving him a grand total of 29 between base 18, the glove bonus, and putting all his stat bonuses into Dex, and he has 10 Str. That's all that really matters for stats. This monk has taken Dash for 7 feats. Between that and his Fast Movement, he has 125ft. (25 squares) movement, 250ft. (50 squares) on a charge. His last feat is Flying Kick from the Complete Warrior, which gives him a +1d12 bonus on a charge, and also makes the attack, which is so much more awesome, and fits the flavor well.

Joe Shmoe, the fighter, has finally crossed the line. He has been the "dark and moody" type for quite some time now, and usually disagrees with his party mebers just "because it's in character." Finally, the party devised a way to get into the villian's lair and snatch a stolen tome. All Joe has to do is charge in, grab the most important thing he can find, then run like all hell to pull guards away from their stations. However, when the rest of the party sneaks in, the guards are still there and make haste to surround them. After a brutal fight, where one party member brushed death, Joe was found in a tavern. When dragged out and asked why he didn't do his part, he responded "because that ain't how my character rolls." In his beer-addled state, Joe doesn't understand why his party members are swiftly moving towards the walls and out of the narrow street- at least, he doesn't until a man dressed in a simple robe runs by, jumps into the air to deliver a mighty kick to Joe's face, all the while screaming "SMITE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK!" The man deftly lands on his feet and runs away.

Basically, Smite Monk charges from 260 feet away, dropkicks the offender in the face in the suprise round, then wins initiative with his +9 mod, and runs away, quadrupling his speed to 520 feet so that he's well out of the way of angry adventurers, and also setting a world record for the hundred meter dash.

This is meant to be more of a humerous encounter, so it doesn't really need to be used as punishment. You could just have him come out of nowhere, just because you can. I suppose you could also use him as an actual encounter, having him charge, run away, drink a potion if he must, then charge again.

Lòkki Gallansbayne
2007-04-07, 07:01 PM
Muahahaha. I love it.

However, how about swapping one of the Dash feats for a Run? You lose 5 base speed, but now you can run away at 600ft per round. :D

Also, if Dex and Str are all that matter, make him an Elf for another +1 to initiative. Maybe add in Improved Initiative if you want to sacrifice another five feet of movement (although that still puts you at 575 for a full-round run).

Or, while I think of it, take a few hints from whichever build currently holds the speed record over at the WotC CharOp board.

...Eh?
2007-04-07, 07:33 PM
I thought all Run did was allow you to retain your Dex bonus while running? I'll have to check again. And he's a human for an extra Dash feat, so if I wanted to give up a feat for more initiative, I'd take Imporved Initiative. Really, I think the speed is a bit overkill, and I think I might have missed a feat for the Flying Kick, which, while not entirely nessecary, make it more awesome. I'll check ot WotC later.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-07, 08:31 PM
so your only goal is to break the sound barrier.

The Endbringer Xaraphim
2007-04-07, 08:38 PM
No, it sees his goal is to be able to spot someone from out of their 'threat bubble,' as it were, zip in, plant a foot to the face, then sprint away at an impossible speed. The damage shouldn't be too much to actually kill a mid-level character, just make him blink and go 'WTF?'

I personally think it's great! As for the race, I'd make him gnome. Not for any mechanical reasons (you actually lose some speed, I know) but because most everyone I know hates monks with an unwarranted passion. I hate gnomes with a well-warrented passion. They're gnomes...

Kultrum
2007-04-07, 09:18 PM
I LOVE it. i send him in all the time but they wouldn't know till the very end that he is evil, he runs in smacks a fool and runs off.

KoDT69
2007-04-07, 09:56 PM
Since it's a DM creation, break some rules and make it some improved Whirlwind Attack that cracks 2 or 3 at a time, and I agree with making it a gnome. When they find out a gnome was kicking their butts, it will make it so much funnier!

Variable Arcana
2007-04-07, 10:11 PM
I'd sacrifice several DASH feats to get yourself up to Spring Attack.

Then give him boots of striding and springing and a level of barbarian -- each makes up for two DASH feats.

Now you don't need to worry about iniative so much -- run past at an enormous clip, smacking the guy on the way past. :smallsmile:

For added cheese -- make him a Xeph. 3/day for 3 rounds each he can increase his base speed by 30'.

Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Run, Dash, Dash, Dash
Speed: 30'+60'(monk)+10'(barb)+15'(dash)+10'(boots)+30'(X eph)=155'

So, he can start 75' away, run past your hapless fighter (smacking for 2d10+str+power-attack+amulet-of-mighty-blows) and end up 80' down the road in the other direction. For added insult, make the attack a trip. The monk-bonus "Improved Trip" means he still gets off the attack, and leaves the fighter lying on the ground 80' away (takes a move action to stand up -- giving the monk the chance to either repeat the attack or run an additional 775' in the time it takes the fighter to stand up -- making him 855' away (a sixth of a mile!). The xeph can repeat this for eight attacks before using his ninth round of extra speed to run off into the distance.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-04-07, 10:13 PM
An ECL five trio: An elven wizard, half-giant fighter, and dwarven dragon shaman.
The League of Extraordinarily Badass Mother$@#&ers.
See my signature.

Edo
2007-04-07, 10:39 PM
I'd sacrifice several DASH feats to get yourself up to Spring Attack.You don't even need to do that; you can just go Cobra Strike Monk and you get it for free at 6th level.

Kultrum
2007-04-08, 04:22 PM
oh you should totally put a pixie bard w/ preform sing and a level of dirge singer on his shoulder just so they can go "du-dunt......du-dunt ......du-dunt .....du-dunt ...du-dunt ..du-dunt .du-dunt du-dunt du-dunt du-dunt WAAAAA*smack* quick we must away"

OzymandiasVolt
2007-04-08, 04:26 PM
You can only take Dash once.

...Eh?
2007-04-08, 07:22 PM
You can only take Dash once.

...Way to ruin my dreams, man. Way to ruin my dreams.

Of course, I could also point at the note at the beginning of my first post, but this is more dramatic.