PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Good transmutation spells?

Zanos
2015-02-24, 04:52 PM
Hey all, I'm making an (eventually) disintegrate focused arcanist. Yes, I know that's not optimal.

Since I've already picked up SF and GSF for transmutation, I was wondering if anyone knew about any solid transmutations spells that would benefit from them. I already have slow, but I'd like some other options.

Also if anyone has any suggestions about making disintegrate not garbage other than pumping CL and save DC, I'm all ears.

AnonymousPepper
2015-02-24, 05:00 PM
Metamagic rods would suit your purpose pretty well. Sixth-level spell, so it actually avoids getting too ridiculously expensive. Twin Spell, Echoing Spell, and Maximize Spell would probably be your best bets.

As for transmutation spells, the Polymorph line may have taken a substantial nerfbat, but the later ones, like the Form of the Dragon lines, are actually still pretty good. There's of course also a lot of good transmutation buffs.

Psyren
2015-02-24, 11:50 PM
Other good transmutation spells with saves:

Telekinesis
Flesh to Stone
Baleful Polymorph
PAO
Steal Breath
Gravity Well
Touch of Gracelessness

Fouredged Sword
2015-02-25, 10:37 AM
I like Burning Disarm at low levels. Chain it and stick a nice damage rider on it for extra fun. You offer a choice, ether drop your weapon or accept the penalty of the riding debuff. I like sickening spell myself.

incarnate236
2015-02-25, 05:45 PM
I like Burning Disarm at low levels. Chain it and stick a nice damage rider on it for extra fun. You offer a choice, ether drop your weapon or accept the penalty of the riding debuff. I like sickening spell myself.

Plus Burning Disarm has literally no down side. My DM sort of hated this spell.