PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Pride domain and devotion feats

Sam K
2015-02-24, 04:59 PM
Looking into making a RKV (yes, I know, how original...), and I have a couple of questions:

Most lists give pride as one of the domains of Wee Jas. As this is quite an awesome domain, I would like to use it. However, I can't find a book that says it's actually one of her domains. The spell compendium doesn't list gods that grant access to it; can anyone give me a reference to which book it originally appears in?

Also, unclear about devotion feats and turn undead costs: the description of devotion feats on CC page 52 says that you can get extra uses by PERMANENTLY sacrificing daily uses of turn undead. However, all feat descriptions say that you get extra uses by expending turn undead attempts, which I read as using the attempt(s) for the day. Has this been clarified? How do people usually interpret it? Clearly, expending TU attempts permanently is a pretty steep price to pay, since a RKV can use them to power other abilities (as well as for divine metamagic, obviously).

Troacctid
2015-02-24, 05:08 PM
Most lists give pride as one of the domains of Wee Jas. As this is quite an awesome domain, I would like to use it. However, I can't find a book that says it's actually one of her domains. The spell compendium doesn't list gods that grant access to it; can anyone give me a reference to which book it originally appears in?
I believe Pride, along with the other six deadly sin domains, was originally printed in Dragon Magazine, along with a list of deities that would grant access to them. The Spell Compendium was the first printing in an actual book. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here.

Also, unclear about devotion feats and turn undead costs: the description of devotion feats on CC page 52 says that you can get extra uses by PERMANENTLY sacrificing daily uses of turn undead. However, all feat descriptions say that you get extra uses by expending turn undead attempts, which I read as using the attempt(s) for the day. Has this been clarified? How do people usually interpret it? Clearly, expending TU attempts permanently is a pretty steep price to pay, since a RKV can use them to power other abilities (as well as for divine metamagic, obviously).
It was fixed in the errata to say "expending" instead of "permanently sacrificing".

Mr.Kraken
2015-02-24, 06:04 PM
The Pride domain, and the other six deadly sins, can be found in Dragon Magazine #323, and according to the list of deities related to each of the deadly sins domains, Wee Jas is one of the deities that grant the Pride domain.