PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Tiny and Mounted!

bootzin
2015-02-24, 05:02 PM
Hey guys!

So, I was making a tiny muckdweller when I thought: Hey, it would be really nice if I could mount on something!

Basically, what I want is your help to find out which animal would be nice to have as a mount (More for RP than combat itself, and carrying capacity is also nice), so any ideas you have would be well welcomed! Any animal qualifies as per Warbeast template, but if the animal has a listed price, it should be used. I'm also interested in flying mounts, if I can get any.

I'll update the main thread accordingly to the replies that I get

1. Rat! Imagine the concept of a Rat riding muckdweller!
2. Eagle! I mean, as long as it doesn't try to eat me, right?

Vhaidara
2015-02-24, 05:05 PM
I recommend a halfling or a human. They're appropriately sized, and pretty stupid.

DeltaEmil
2015-02-24, 05:13 PM
Since muckdwellers are Tiny, the mounts must be at least Small or larger. Rats, hawks, ravens, and cats are too small (Tiny size), eagles and dogs are fine (Small size). After this, only the sky's the limit.

bootzin
2015-02-24, 05:52 PM
I guess it could be a Dire rat than, since he is small

Never thought of riding a human! I just don't think there are any rules for this :/

sideswipe
2015-02-25, 02:39 AM
I guess it could be a Dire rat than, since he is small

Never thought of riding a human! I just don't think there are any rules for this :/

the rules are there in the same place as the other mounted rules, you can ride a quadruped 1 size bigger than you or a bipedal creature 2 sizes bigger.

essentially riding their shoulders.

WeaselGuy
2015-02-25, 04:21 AM
So, a decent number of Wyrmling dragons are small size. There's a prestige class in Draconomicon called the Dracolyte that gets a wyrmling at level 5 as a class feature. It would take a little while to come online, and I am sure there are quicker ways to make it happen, but if you start a mid-level game, you could have something like this:

Hit & Run Tactics Fighter 1/Cleric 4/Prestige Paladin 2 (or 3)/Dracolyte 10/+Cleric Casting Class 3 (or 2)

You get Cleric casting as an 18th level Cleric and 18-19 BAB at level 20, and get to fly around on your Wyrmling Dragon. With the right selection of feats, the Wyrmling should be able to increase it's HD and corresponding abilities as well.

Your Strength and initial melee damage will probably suck, but there are ways around that (Strongarm Bracers (MIC), Tremendous Charge (DragonLance Campaign Setting)). A fun trick to utilize Weapon Finesse (almost a requirement for Tiny creatures) as a mounted character is to use a Feycraft Lance 1 size larger than your size, and then use Strongarm Bracers to wield it normally. It will still do the same damage as a Tiny Lance, but now it's Finessable.

Again, this build takes a while to really come online (level 12 ish), and I'm sure there are easier ways to get a Dragon to follow you around, but this one avoids fancy Leadership shenanigan bans.

sideswipe
2015-02-25, 05:19 PM
So, a decent number of Wyrmling dragons are small size. There's a prestige class in Draconomicon called the Dracolyte that gets a wyrmling at level 5 as a class feature. It would take a little while to come online, and I am sure there are quicker ways to make it happen, but if you start a mid-level game, you could have something like this:

Hit & Run Tactics Fighter 1/Cleric 4/Prestige Paladin 2 (or 3)/Dracolyte 10/+Cleric Casting Class 3 (or 2)

You get Cleric casting as an 18th level Cleric and 18-19 BAB at level 20, and get to fly around on your Wyrmling Dragon. With the right selection of feats, the Wyrmling should be able to increase it's HD and corresponding abilities as well.

Your Strength and initial melee damage will probably suck, but there are ways around that (Strongarm Bracers (MIC), Tremendous Charge (DragonLance Campaign Setting)). A fun trick to utilize Weapon Finesse (almost a requirement for Tiny creatures) as a mounted character is to use a Feycraft Lance 1 size larger than your size, and then use Strongarm Bracers to wield it normally. It will still do the same damage as a Tiny Lance, but now it's Finessable.

Again, this build takes a while to really come online (level 12 ish), and I'm sure there are easier ways to get a Dragon to follow you around, but this one avoids fancy Leadership shenanigan bans.

well actually i'm sure you can save 3 feats somewhere (with 2 flaws) for DMM persist, you get turn undead and a decent charisma i'm guessing for you are taking prestige paladin.