PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Team up: Daredevil and Spider-man

Aquateenflayer
2015-02-24, 10:33 PM
Spiderman
"Happy Birthdat MJ." You say in unison with your best friend in the whole wide world, Harry Osborn. Across the table currently blowing out her candle resting on some sort of exotic cupcake is the redheaded girl of your dreams Mary Jane Watson.
"Hope you like this place. It usually has a two month waiting list, but I pulled some strings to get us a table for tonight."
"It sure is unique." Mary Jane says looking around the room. Large Tribal masks and folk art cover all the blank spaces on the walls and a live band plays instruments you have never seen before on a stage in the center of the dining room.
"Yea, I heard the king of Africa's son goes to school around here so he built this place to keep him from getting home sic."
"Seriously Harry?"
"What? That's what I heard."
"Theres not just...Theres more than one <Sigh> You know what l have more important matters to address right now." Mary Jane picks up her chair, comes around the table and places it direclty next to yours. Sitting back down she flashes a cheesy grin. Soo.. She purrs in a mock sultry voice. "What did You get me?" She emphasises her question with a sharp poke to your chest.
OMG
You were so busy trying to convince Aunt may to borrow the car for tonight you completely spaced on buying MJ a gift.
Hey I didn't pick this place for the atmosphere or the food. Harry says with crumbs from the stolen first bite of MJ's birthday cake flying out of his mouth with each word. "This place never cards. That's why everyone comes here. Hey Waiter Let's Get Some Shots Over Here For THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!" Mary Jane's face turns red as her hair as dozens of heads turn to the sound of Harry's Yelling.

Scene Distinctions Out of Control Teens, Mellow Music, 5 Star in Hell's Kitchen
Enjoy your shiny new No gift for Mary Jane d10 Complication

Doom Pool Sits at 2d6

Aquateenflayer
2015-02-25, 10:24 PM
Daredevil
Another body was pulled out of a dumpster in Hell's Kitchen this morning. The third this week. Your contact in the coroners office leaked you the reports. Too many similarities for these murders to be unrelated.

High school Aged
Red Hair
Affluent Family
Highly BA content
post mortem lacerations to the neck

Some Psyco is running around Hell's Kitchen slashing teens. Not for long.

The latest victim had a receipt from the happy panther nightclub down by the old docks. That's why after a long day of losing your shirt in court you are sitting across from your best friend and business partner Foggy Nelson in a Wakanda themed nightclub. Earlier Foggy ordered randomly off the menu and is now timidly picking through his dish which would not incorrectly be referred to as a scorpion porridge.

This place is packed to capacity with drunken spoiled children. With the exception of the staff, you and Foggy are the only ones here that are through with puberty. You need to find the next victim before the killer does. Not an easy task considering that even though your miraculous senses allow you to perceive that what few others can, hair color is not among them.
Foggy has started carefully extracting the finger sized scorpions from his dish and piling them on his coaster. Suddenly he jumps out of his chair in a panic. Ah. Matt one of them moved Matt. Get away from the table Matt the scorpions are alive.

The scorpions are not alive,
scene distinctions in spider-mans gm notes,
Some quick prompts for your post- Who were you defending, why did you lose, what did you order, how did you get a table so fast when there was a waiting list?
the first post would be a good time to purchace& mention resources and roll ofr assets
Doom pool still sits at 2d6

Cobrateen2000
2015-02-27, 01:50 AM
AHHH! Okay, what are my options?

Option 1: Tell the truth. MJ, I had to get the car from Aunt May, and then I was busy fighting some villain with a fishbowl for a head … bad idea.

Option 2: Tell some of the truth. MJ, I had to get the car from Aunt May and it totally slipped my mind … yeah, she'll be pissed, bad idea.

Option 3: Delay and Find Last-Minute Gift. MJ, of course I have a gift, and I'll give it to you right after this trip to the bathroom which might take a while … nope, too suspicious.

Option 4: Improvise.

“Come on, MJ. How long have we known each other? The best gift that I have is to be here for you.” Peter leans closer to MJ so the crowd noise won't drown him out. “I'm here tonight to keep you grounded, even while Harry over there tries to get you drunk.”

I'll pay 1 PP for a Stunt and roll against the Doom Pool to create an asset for myself.

Affiliation Solo d8 is [roll0]
Distinction Out Of Control Teens d4 is [roll1]
Speciality Psych Expert d8 is [roll2]
Psych Stunt Known MJ For A Long Time d8 is [roll3]

Two 1s
Total 7
Effect My First Gift Is Friendship Asset d6

PP 2
Stress and Complications No Gift For MJ Complication d10

Dang, I really needed some better rolls there. I was hoping for a d8 Asset and then to step it up to a d10 by beating the Doom Pool by five. I think I'll try again. Roll for the Doom Pool and Peter will say his follow-up cheesy line.

Galteland
2015-02-28, 09:19 PM
"If it bites you, we can sue. Our firm certainly can use the money, especially after today's fiasco."

Matt Murdock was not in a particularly good mood. The first day in court for Nelson and Murdock Law Office was a total bust. It was supposed to be a cut and dry case where a tenant was being pushed out of his home that he's lived in for thirty years in Hell's Kitchen was fighting his eviction notice. Matt and Foggy hit a wall with the case. The judge listened to their plea, case references and city statues supporting their client, and then promptly through them out, letting the eviction stand. There has to be something else behind this, but Matt doesn't know what. Him and Foggy couldn't even find out who was really evicting him. The building is owned through at least three different shadow corporations, but they still were not able to locate who's on top.

But right now, Matt needs to focus his attention on solving a whole different matter. And he needs to get Foggy to let him know if there are any redheads in the vicinity without seeming too suspicious. Mat can hear raindrops starting to fall outside as he casually scoops a bite of his vegetarian rice dish.

"Did you read that study about the ratio of female redheads in a public place directly correlating to how likely it is to start raining?"

Too easy.

Aquateenflayer
2015-02-28, 10:15 PM
gain 1 PLOT POINT for oppertunities doom pool increaced to 2d6+1d10
doom pool rolled 10 with d6 effect die. my gift is friendship asset is not created.

Cobrateen2000
2015-02-28, 11:02 PM
Seeing that MJ doesn't look convinced, Peter tries to laugh off his lame “first gift.” “But if you still want something, I guess there's also … ” Peter reaches down into his backpack and pulls out a paper lunch bag. “Here.” He hands the bag to MJ as the live band hits what could almost be considered a happy crescendo.

Unfortunately, the necklace inside is Aunt May's. Her condition for taking the car today was to take the necklace to a jeweler and have the clasp fixed. But then fishbowl-head attacked and that had to be put off, along with buying a gift.

Option 5: Give MJ the “borrowed” necklace, “discover” the broken clasp, take it back from her with an apology to “get it fixed tomorrow” and then buy something else. MJ, I went to have it fixed but then I saw this!

I'll pay 1 PP for a stunt and 1 PP for an extra d8 Distinction. Then I'll roll against the Doom Pool to recover my complication.

Distinction Wisecracker d8 is [roll1]
Distinction Mellow Music d8 is [roll2]
Speciality Psych Expert d8 is [roll3]
Covert Stunt “Borrowed” Necklace d8 is [roll4]

Two 1s again?! I'll pay 1 PP to add a die to my total.
Total 17
Effect d6

PP 0
Stress and Complications No Gift For MJ d10 Complication

Galteland
2015-03-01, 12:11 PM
Yeaaaaahhh!!!!! Let's see how high we can get that doom pool to go!:smallsmile:

Cobrateen2000
2015-03-01, 06:41 PM
Yeah! After all, we get 1 XP for every d12 used from the doom pool! Woot!

Aquateenflayer
2015-03-01, 08:42 PM
Spiderman
“Oh Peter it’s beautiful.” She says as she slides it into her purse before giving you a hug.
“Here we go.” Says Harry as he slides a drink to MJ. “And a root beer for our good friend the designated driver. To Mary Jane.” Your friends clink their glasses together and down their drinks. <cough sputter> “Ugh.. another round! heh,Hey MJ some creepy fat old dude is checking you out. And his friend is wearing sunglasses. Guys like that should be put on some sort of list.”
Gain 2 plot points doom pool increases by 2d6
Doompool 4d6+1d8 [6] [6] [5] [2] [4]
No gift for mary jane complication 1d10 [8]
Results No gift for mary Jane steps down and changes to gave away Aunt mays necklace at a D8

Daredevil
A wave of complaints buzzes around the club.
“What happened to my phone”
“Ugh..no service”
“hello, you still there”
A slight buzz, barely perceivable even by your fantastic senses brushes across your ears. Something odd is happening.
Three men enter the club. One built like a tank bleeding from the face held up by two others. The host walks over to them. “Whats going on here?”
“Call an ambulance there’s been an accident. Me and my friend Montana hit this big ape with our car, I think he has a concussion.” The smaller man who smells of gunpowder and metal polish explains.
With a large groan the big guy crashes to the ground. “Please, lets take him to the back I'll call for help” the greeter says with his phone up to his ear. "It's not working I'll use the phone in the office."
“This guy weighs a ton, little help over here fellas.” Montana says to the bouncers as they rush over and help carry the large man to the back office. No one else in the club seems to take notice, too wrapped up in their own little worlds to give the situation any thought.
From the back office you hear the sound of muffled cries and breaking bone. “I told you to make it realistic not to break my god damn face in Dan”
“Hey, hard parts over, so stop your belly aching Ox. Just snatch the kid and you’ll have enough money that you’ll be able to pick up broads even with your ugly mug.”
The three men filter back into the room, shoving aside drunken teens as they spread out around the club.Walking back and forth as they search.
“Huh, only one here wonder what that means.” Foggy says before going back to picking arachnids from his meal.

Spending d6 from the doom pool to add cell phone jammer complication. Current doom pool sits at 3d6+1d8

Cobrateen2000
2015-03-02, 10:11 PM
Peter sips his root beer and sighs. “Geez Harry, you'll make her self-conscious.” And it's MJ after all, who wouldn't check her out? “Hey, MJ. Will you show us how the necklace looks on you?” Peter reaches over and pours water into MJ's empty shot glass. “And don't forget your antidote. One for one.”

I'll pay 1 PP for a Covert Resource, Keeping An Eye On MJ.

PP and Resources 1 PP, Keeping An Eye On MJ d6
Stress and Complications Gave Away Aunt May's Necklace d8

Galteland
2015-03-07, 08:37 AM
Matt know something is about to happen, and soon.

"Excuse me a moment, nature calls."

He gets up and casually walks over to the table where he heard someone talk about being checked out by a "fat guy."

As he navigates through the room with is staff tapping the space in front of him, he consciously plays up his blindness instead of using his keen senses to easily navigate the crowd. Also, to the patrons credit, a couple of them even part to make room for him. As he nears the table where he heard the conversation, he smells perfume and hairspray mixed with feminine deodorant. Now that Matt had his target, he walks right up behind her chair. It's a simple thing in a crowded club to make a blind man slipping over someone's purse seem accidental.

"Ooof!"

Matt falls hard and loud. It actually knocks the wind out of him a bit. He was determined to make it look real.

I'll edit colors later. I'm away from home this weekend, and colors are hard without a computer

Aquateenflayer
2015-03-08, 07:07 PM
Spider-man
Your spider sense starts tingling.
you notice a man is weaving through the crowd. He appears to be blind but something is a little off in his movements. You also get the feeling his walking cane is more tyhan meets the eye.
“Oh sorry pete I didn’t want to get it stolen, we’re in a bad neighborhood after all. But I guess it was rude of me to put it away before trying it on for you..” Mary Jane reaches for her purse only to be slammed into by the Blind man. “AH my purse!” she shrieks.
“Hey” Harry shouts as he crawls onto the table to take a sloppy swing at the man accosting the love of your young life.

Daredevil
As you make your way over to your target you can hear a whispered conversation at the other end of the room.
“Hey isn’t that Osborne's kid by the sitting by redhead?” A silent nod is made by montana in agreement. “Change of plan, Grab Ox one spoiled rich kid ‘s good as ‘nother.” Fancy dan slurs as Montana motions the big guy to the bar.
“AH my purse!” she shrieks as you try and catch your breath.
“Hey!” The table vibrates and the sound of falling glasses and spilled liquids warns you of someone about to take a swing at you. Through the distraction something is even more troubling. The third person at the table. Something seems off about him. You can’t quite put it into words but you get the distinct impression that he is something other than human.

Harry’s punch to inflict physical stress on daredevil
out of control teen d4 + stepping up a d6 in the doom pool [1]
Harry Osborne d8 [2]
Poor Harry..
Doom Pool now sits at 2d6+2d8

Galteland
2015-03-09, 08:52 PM
Matt takes a blow to the face and acts dazed. It's not to hard to make the act, considering the surprising violent outburst. He figures this guy must be having a really bad day to hist a blind man for tripping in a crowded room.

"I'm so sorry! Did I hurt someone? Can someone please help me up?"

Matt reaches for a hand and stands back up.

"It's just so crowded in here. I'm so sorry, again. I think I need to step outside for a moment, but I'm very turned around. So sorry to disturb your meal, but can someone help me outside? I think I injured my cheek somehow."

Putting on a panicked expression and rubbing his cheak, he looks helplessly in M. J.'s direction.

Solo [roll0]
Blind Justice (at a 1d4) [roll1]
Enhanced Reflexes [roll2]
Covert Expert [roll3]

Galteland
2015-03-09, 08:55 PM
Going to make that a 14 with a 1d8 effect for not being effected by that punch and gain a PP for rolling a 1d4

Cobrateen2000
2015-03-10, 01:14 AM
After taking the outstretched hand and helping the man stand up, Peter sighs. “Good work, Harry. You hit a blind man square in the face. Nice one.” He squeezes the man's hand a little harder than necessary, testing his grip strength and also getting a firm hold in case he tries to run. “I'll help you outside, sir.”

Peter glances back at the table. “MJ, I'll be right back.” He points to her purse and nods twice, hoping she'll get the message to check if anything was stolen while the man was down on the ground next to it. “And don't forget to drink that water.”

On second thought, he grabs his backpack from below the table before leading the man away, his grip still firm. “Follow me, sir.” Looks like there are bathrooms, a custodian's closet, and some offices down this hallway. Should be a good place to have a nice, calm, friendly chat with Mister Suspicious while continuing to keep an eye on MJ.

Galteland
2015-03-12, 03:41 PM
Matt was hoping the redhead would help him out, but since it appears this odd man with the strong grip is taking him, he decides to put all of his cards on the table. He puts his hand on Peter's closest shoulder feigning a need for support and in a barely audible whisper says quickly,

"There's no time to explain, but we need to get both of your friends out of here now. they're in grave danger, and there's no time to explain."

Cobrateen2000
2015-03-12, 11:12 PM
“We?” Peter laughs and turns to face the man. They stand in the archway between the dining room and hallway, below a pair of tribal masks, one grinning and the other grim. “It's MJ's birthday tonight, and you nearly tackled her. Maybe you could explain just a little? A smidgen, perhaps? Enough to let me know I can trust the blind man who doesn't quite walk like a blind man, with a cane that doesn't quite look like a cane.”

Or I would stand there and say those things, if the Enforcers don't stop us. Caleb, does anything happen as we walk over there?

Galteland
2015-03-13, 05:09 PM
"I was trying to get her to leave the restaurant."

Matt drops his helpless blind man act and turns directly towards peter. Matt senses something in him. Something about his smell is off and he has the presence of a body builder, even though his frame seems scrony. Matt suddenly feels like he has to trust him.

"There's at least three men that have been abducting and murdering redheads. And just now they're plotting to kidnap not only your female friend there, but the Osborne kid too. I don't know if it's related but something is happening out front too. Did you notice the large goon bleeding from his face? I'm more than happy to explain more later, but if you don't get them to leave out of the back of the restaurant right now, this will be MJ's last birthday."

This is the best Matt figures he can do. It's all up to this odd kid now. If he believes him and acts quickly, Matt can help his friends.

Aquateenflayer
2015-03-15, 02:10 PM
Daredevil
"OK ox you take that fake badge of yours and arrest that kid who just wailed on that blind guy. Montana get the car warmed up. I'll wait here in case there's any trouble." Fancy Dan says with obvious effort exerted to not slur his speech.

Spider-man
You notice three adults at the bar. The one towering over the other two nodding and begins slowly making his way to Harry's table. you notice a fresh cut to his face.
The Blonde man that's dressed up like a cow boy heads out the exit while spinning a key chain.
The last of the three, a man in a cheep suit continues to drink looks like he's chatting up the girl next to him.
Start of action scene. It can be assumed that you can easily change into your costumes incognito before Ox gets to the table if you hurry.
adding a d6 to the doom pool to give fancy Dan a d6 drunk complication and immediately spending it to give ox a d6 dead mans badge asset
Doom pool rests at 2d6+2d8

Cobrateen2000
2015-03-17, 11:21 PM
Only one thing makes it through Peter's head. MJ is in trouble.

“I don't know how you can smell trouble, but now I see it thanks to you.” He drops the blind man's hand and pulls on his backpack. Now isn't the time to pull out the costume, but it's starting to look like an eventuality. “I'll look after MJ like you said. If you could do something about one of those goons, that would help.”

Peter slips away and into the press of people, using his Spider Reflexes to get back to the table long before the big guy. He squirms his way through, slaps the table with both hands, and smiles at MJ and Harry.

“Harry, I cannot believe it but you were right. The king of Africa's son is here and he's signing autographs out behind the restaurant.” Peter gives MJ a quick 'Please Trust Me' look and then grins at Harry. “I saw him while I was taking that blind guy to the back patio of this place. Did you know the restaurant has a back patio? Come on! You too, MJ!”

Harry wouldn't swing at someone after only a shot. He must have a few drinks in him already from his dad's liquor cabinet, so he should be just tipsy enough to believe anything. And hopefully MJ will play along. And hopefully this place really does have a back entrance.

I'll go first in the scene, since I have awesome reflexes. I'm rolling against the Doom Pool to get MJ and Harry to follow me outside before Ox can arrive at the table.

Distinction Rowdy Teens d8 (because they're slowing Ox down) is [roll1]
Power Set Superhuman Reflexes d10 is [roll2]
Specialty Psych Expert d8 is [roll3]
Resource Keeping An Eye On MJ d6 is [roll4]

I'll spend a PP to add a die to my total.
Total 17
Effect d8

PP and Resources 0 PP, Keeping An Eye On MJ d6
Stress and Complications Gave Away Aunt May's Necklace d8

And after the Doom Pool rolls against me, I'll choose Drew / Daredevil to go next.

Aquateenflayer
2015-03-18, 09:09 PM
1d8 = 4
1d8 = 5
1d6 = 4
1d6 = 2

9 total with d8 effect you easily hustle your friends out the club before ox can get to you.
Gain a plot point while I add a d6 to the doom pool and spend it immediately.
In your hurried confusion and MJ's compromised state she forgot her purse and now you have a D10 necklace is still in the club complication MUA HA HA HA.
I'll let you narrate the specifics of you grabbing everyone and rushing out.

New scene distinctions for those outside the club.

Bad Neighborhood at Night
Tall Buildings and Narrow Alleys
Storm-a-Brewing

Also remember Montana is already outside "Getting the car warmed up."

Cobrateen2000
2015-03-20, 01:41 AM
Harry jumps out of his seat. “Really?!” He slaps his hands on the table as well, leaning forward to mirror Peter. Hairy's eyes are bleary and his smile is a little slack-jawed. “Heck yeah, Pete! What are we waiting for?”

“Nothing! The sooner we get out there, the better.” Peter nods to MJ. “Right, MJ?”

She looks from one to the other and shrugs, her cheeks flushed and her eyes bright. Before MJ can stand on her own, Peter and Hairy each take one of her hands. They pull her out of her chair and away from the table. Hairy takes the lead on threading a path through the crowds.

Peter glances back. The big guy is still a few tables away from where they were sitting; he's staring down at some thick neck with a sleeveless shirt who doesn't come up to the big guy's chin but had the misfortune of being in his way.

Hairy leads them down the hallway in the back. He pushes open a door to a wooden deck covered in metal tables with large umbrellas and tiki torches. People would probably eat out here in the daytime, if the weather was good. Tonight though it's just started to rain, with the winds beginning to pick up. The parking lot is beyond a fence with an unlocked gate. The area is empty of people.

“Pete?” Hairy turns around. “Where did you say he was?”

MJ pulls her hand free as Peter tries to come up with an answer. She looks down and pats her sides in alarm. “Guys, I'm sorry but I forgot my purse. I have to go back inside.” MJ smiles at Pete. “I wouldn't want to lose your present.”

Dang you, sir. Dang you to heck. So the d10 complication replaces the d8 one, right?

Stress and Complications Necklace Is Still In The Club d10

Go Drew! Help me! I left it open for you to have gone outside first to confront Montana, or to confront Fancy Dan at the bar.

Galteland
2015-03-20, 02:44 PM
Meanwhile, Matt heads back to Foggy.

"Back from the bathroom. You mind grabbbing a cab, Foggy? I'm not feeling well. In fact, I think I'm headed back there again, right now."

Matt is focusing on the commotion of the man referred to as Ox making his way through the crowded restaurant. He's also honing in on the kid he was talking to getting his friends outside. He here's the redhead mention something about leaving her purse. If they made it out back, that means they only have one goon to worry about, but there's still three in here.

Mat makes a trajectory, and with impossible grace he navigates through the crowd to block the hallway leading out back. He holds his cane sideways and appears deceptively relaxed as he waits for the other men to try following the crowd out the back.

Aquateenflayer
2015-03-22, 06:29 PM
Daredevil
"Hey bro! I said why'd you think that you could walk into my lady-friend without apologizing?" The sleeveless youth shouts at the giant gangster glowering down at him.
""Out of the way punk, I don't have time for this right now." The teen launches a haymaker with all his might at OX. The giant man catches the teen's fist in his massive palm and clamps down. You hear the young man let out a high pitched squeak followed by the sound of his fingers bones and sinew snapping in the titan's grip.
OX lets go of the teens useless hand and proceeds to wrap all his massive fingers over the young mans head while pressing his thumbs into his eyes.
You know the life that is ahead for that young man. How hard it will be to do the things he has taken for granted up until this point of his life. Memories of your first months after the accident that changed your life flow over you.
Doubt starts to creep into your thoughts. Should you have leapt across the restaurant and confronted him even if it meant outing yourself as the Daredevil? At what point is it all worth it? What should you do now?
A young lady starts to scream but is cut off by a slap that knocks her unconscious. A bolt of lightning making the power flicker giving Ox enough time to toss his victims under a near by table.

OX is dealing emotional damage to Daredevil
Affiliations d4 [2]
distinction out of control teens d8 [4]
power enhanced strength d8 [6]
combat expert d8 [1]
Total of 8 with d8 emotional damage one opp rolled

your turn up next

Spiderman

I'll get it for you MJ." Hary says sheepishly. "I need to see if I can catch up and apoligise to that blind guy I hit. I feel like a world class jerk."

"Wait is this some sort of birthday surprise? Harry Did you get me out here to give me my present? OH! Is it a CAR? Harry did you get me a car?" Mary Jane asks as she pulls on Harry's collar.
What peter was the one..I didn't. Pete calm her down when I go grab her Purse." Harry says as he gets her to unhand him and reaches for the door.

"So the d10 complication replaces the d8 one, right?" Correct
Roll vs doom pool to stop Harry from going back inside

Necklace Is Still In The Club d10 [2]
d6 [4]
d6 [6]
d8 [5]
d8 [1]
spending a d6 to add another die to total
total 15 one opp

new doom pool 1d6+2d8

dare devil is up next

Cobrateen2000
2015-03-23, 03:29 AM
Peter looks at Harry, his best friend in the world, who apparently went from an angry drunk to a guilty drunk while Peter was talking to the blind man. Geez, how many of his dad's drinks did he take? Peter looks at MJ, the girl of his dreams. She only had one shot … actually it's not surprising she would be a lightweight.

Peter sighs. Friends deserve better than this. Time for a smidgen of Option 1. Peter reaches out to hold the door closed as Harry tries to pull it open. Spider strength does come in useful sometimes.

“You shouldn't do that, Harry.” Lightning flashes and illuminates Peter's dead serious frown. “And there's a really good reason, which you are not going to like. That blind guy? I think he and his friend were undercover cops.” Or something. Must have been.

“The guy knew exactly who you were. After I led him over to the hallway, he took me aside and said he had spotted some really bad guys headed your way. Something about kidnapping.” Also for MJ, but we're trying to calm her down and that didn't really make sense anyway. “So frankly I'm thinking he wasn't actually blind. AND he said he would forgive that punch, actually he was pretty cool about it, IF I got you two out through the back and away from here on the double. That's why I told you the King of Africa's son was out here. Sorry.”

Oh, wait, one problem. “And the undercover cop couldn't call for reinforcements because,” because, because, okay one little lie, “his cellphone wasn't working. Bad neighborhood.” Another flash of lightning comes, and the outdoor lights flicker.

“So here's my plan. We don't go back inside. We instead get back in the car, calmly drive to the nearest police station, and then Harry Osborne walks in and demands they send every available officer to this club. Harry Osborne tells them that if they get here quickly, they might be able to catch some really bad guys.” Harry Osborne gets to feel like a hero.

Actual plan: Conveniently “lose” the car keys. Get Harry and MJ in a cab (hopefully we can find a cab in this part of town) headed for the police station. MJ will be safe and tied up for a few hours giving statements. Peter Parker will stay behind “to take pictures, as a photographer for the Daily Bugle.” And that's when Spider Man will finally make an appearance.

Peter turns to MJ. “MJ, I'm sorry, but we'll have to get your purse back from their Evidence Department later.” And maybe Aunt May's necklace will be “gone” by then. “Maybe the undercover cop can help. But trust me, we should not be going back in there.”

Reaction to the doom pool.

Affiliation Solo d8 [roll0]
Distinction Bad Neighborhood At Night d4 [roll1]
Power Set Superhuman Strength d10 [roll2]
Specialty Psych Expert d8 [roll3]
Resource Keeping An Eye On MJ d6 [roll4]

Spending 1 PP to add a die to my total.
Total 17
Effect d10

Stress and Complications Necklace Is Still In The Club d10

Oh hey, can I spend another PP and counter to get rid of my complication with that roll?

Galteland
2015-03-30, 10:15 AM
Now that Foggy is gone, Matt hopes no one will recognize him.

He leaps from his ambush spot and nimbly hops across three tables without knocking over a single dish. with his trench coat billowing behind him, he holds his cane horizontally right at the Ox's neck, clotheslining him, and swings into a flip over his head, keeping his cane around his neck, and then pulling on it as hard as he can. Noticing his broad shoulders, Matt tries to stay directly centered on his back, out of reach of flailing limbs. If he can hold onto the ride for just a minute, hopefully the giant man will soon pass out.

Solo [roll0]
Blind Justice [roll1]
enhanced durability [roll2]
enhanced stamina [roll3]
combat expert [roll4]

spending 1 PP to counter

I guess this is a counter to the emotional damage by acting on it asap? that work? It's been a while.

Galteland
2015-03-30, 10:18 AM
guess that's an 8 with a d6... ouch
or is it better to do a 4 with a d10...?

Aquateenflayer
2015-03-31, 01:59 PM
you met his attack and took no stress. gain 1 pp as i buy your opportunities to add a d10 to the doom pool.
keep pp from counterattack as it would result in a draw and waste of pp.

doom pool rests at 1d6+2d8+1d10
Describe what happens and then take your turn daredevil.

Cobrateen2000
2015-04-01, 12:29 AM
Lol Drew. Yeah, you should go 4 with a d10, because that will step down Caleb's d8 emotional to a d6 ... unless Caleb decides that defender wins, in which case 8 with a d6 is better. And I think you can just edit your post a little to make it resemble that roll:

“leaps from his ambush spot with an incoherent scream and dashes across tabletops knocking over every single dish.”