PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Homebrew

Tempestfury
2015-02-25, 07:46 AM
Does anyone know any good homebrew for a martial character that uses either intelligence, charisma or dexterity effectively? I've been accepted into a Tristalt, and I want to try a character I haven't managed to play before. One of the classes I'm using is the Duelist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?222961-The-Duelist-%283-5-Base-Class-PEACH%29), and I'm currently looking for other classes that would help strengthen his current abilities. I wouldn't mind having a look at other Duelists (preferable base-classes over PrCs) or Swashbuckler rewrites.

Just to note, I am looking for a pure martial character. No martial adepts, no magic, no psionics, or anything like that at all. I will accept 'Ki' using classes, like the monk and ninja use. But apart from that, any supernatural classes will be scrutinized very closely.

ImaDeadMan
2015-02-26, 12:13 PM
Check out the Warblade in Tome of Battle

atemu1234
2015-02-26, 12:21 PM
Check out the Warblade in Tome of Battle

If he wants ninja, he might prefer the Swordsage.

johnbragg
2015-02-26, 12:39 PM
He did say no martial adepts.

I'm not sure exactly how OP expects to tristalt without picking up spells or martial adept abilities or psionics.

TempestFury, any interest in a rogue-fix based on the idea that high-level rogues bend the laws of chance and probability, so they get to roll 3d6 instead of d20 whenever they want, and get to roll more d6's by spending a pool of Power Points which I might copy off of a psionic class or maybe just say 2^CL? (Rogue-fix also gets a dozen or two SLAs to learn and spend power-points to use)

The main limitation on my rogue-fix (so WIP I haven't finished writing it yet) is that there are limits to what a d20 roll can get you--you're still going rogue type damage. Gestalt and tristalt changes that equation.

Tempestfury
2015-02-26, 12:57 PM
... good homebrew ...

... No martial adepts....

He did say no martial adepts.

Yes, exactly, thank you.

I'm not sure exactly how OP expects to tristalt without picking up spells or martial adept abilities or psionics.

Fighter/Barbarian/Rogue. Done, :P

TempestFury, any interest in a rogue-fix based on the idea that high-level rogues bend the laws of chance and probability, so they get to roll 3d6 instead of d20 whenever they want, and get to roll more d6's by spending a pool of Power Points which I might copy off of a psionic class or maybe just say 2^CL? (Rogue-fix also gets a dozen or two SLAs to learn and spend power-points to use)

The main limitation on my rogue-fix (so WIP I haven't finished writing it yet) is that there are limits to what a d20 roll can get you--you're still going rogue type damage. Gestalt and tristalt changes that equation.

Eeeeh.... thanks, but no thanks.

johnbragg
2015-02-26, 01:25 PM
Fighter/Barbarian/Rogue. Done, :P

Well, yes, it CAN be done. I'm not sure you're going to keep up with the guys playing Rogue//Fighter//Warmages or Paladin//Healer//Swordsage, but it's your game. There Is No BadWrongFun.

Eeeeh.... thanks, but no thanks.[/QUOTE]
No problem.