PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Flight for a skeleton / Full action for a zombie?

Larkas
2015-02-25, 07:50 AM
So, my character, a rather pragmatic true neutral cleric, has the body of a Huge red dragon on his hands, and the will to use Animate Dead on it. However, I want to make an informed decision. Is there any way to restore the dragon's flight speed if I turn it into a skeleton? What if I turn it into a zombie, is there any way to enable it to make full actions?

The base system is PF, but if there's an answer in 3.X as a whole, I'd still be willing to hear it!

hamishspence
2015-02-25, 07:53 AM
The Zombie Dragon template in Draconomicon is a bit beefier than the standard zombie - and doesn't double Hit Dice from the base creature - and has no level cap - allowing you to animate 21+ HD dragons instead of maxing out at 10 HD dragon before doubling.

Spore
2015-02-25, 08:16 AM
Casting "Remove Paralysis" on a Zombie should remove its staggered condition. This way you should receive a "fast zombie" template.

Most zombies are created using animate dead. Such zombies are always of the standard type, unless the creator also casts haste or remove paralysis to create fast zombies, or contagion to create plague zombies.

Fast Zombie

Unlike the standard, plodding zombie, a fast zombie moves with a supernatural quickness.

Speed: Increase the base creature's land speed by 10 feet.

Defensive Abilities: A fast zombie does not gain DR 5/slashing.

Special Attacks: A fast zombie gains the following special attack.

Quick Strikes (Ex): Whenever a fast zombie takes a full-attack action, it can make one additional slam attack at its highest base attack bonus.

Abilities: As a standard zombie, except its Dexterity is increased by 2 instead of reduced by 2.

Special Qualities: A fast zombie does not gain the staggered special quality.

Larkas
2015-02-25, 11:34 AM
The Zombie Dragon template in Draconomicon is a bit beefier than the standard zombie - and doesn't double Hit Dice from the base creature - and has no level cap - allowing you to animate 21+ HD dragons instead of maxing out at 10 HD dragon before doubling.

I actually want it to be feeble. Regular zombie will do, but thanks!

Casting "Remove Paralysis" on a Zombie should remove its staggered condition. This way you should receive a "fast zombie" template.

Fast Zombie

Unlike the standard, plodding zombie, a fast zombie moves with a supernatural quickness.

Speed: Increase the base creature's land speed by 10 feet.

Defensive Abilities: A fast zombie does not gain DR 5/slashing.

Special Attacks: A fast zombie gains the following special attack.

Quick Strikes (Ex): Whenever a fast zombie takes a full-attack action, it can make one additional slam attack at its highest base attack bonus.

Abilities: As a standard zombie, except its Dexterity is increased by 2 instead of reduced by 2.

Special Qualities: A fast zombie does not gain the staggered special quality.

Exactly what I needed, thanks!