PDA

View Full Version : Regroup+Whirlwind

Daracaex
2007-04-07, 07:32 PM
I just thought of this possible strategy, but I'm not sure if it would be very good or not. the requirements: 1 character with the Regroup spell (PHBII) and 1 character with the Whirlwind Attack feat. These two can be the same person. Step 1: characters position themselves next to each other. Step 2: first character casts regroup to teleport your opponents all around (the spell doesn't say that you have to use it on allies and it doesn't allow a save). Then, the second character uses whirlwind attack to hit many of his opponents simultaneously. It seems like it might be a good strategy to use against many slightly weaker enemies. It can also be done with one person, but Whirlwind Attack takes a full-round action and the player would have to wait until the turn after he casts regroup until he can perform the actual attack. This strategy can be used by a single character Duskblade at level 9. Is it a good strategy? Or is it too underpowered because of the wait between rounds that you can perform the actions?

Rigeld2
2007-04-07, 07:40 PM
It says "Target: One willing creature/level" for Regroup. I doubt your opponents would be willing.

Douglas
2007-04-07, 07:41 PM
From the Regroup stat block:
Targets: One willing creature/level

Daracaex
2007-04-07, 07:51 PM
Dang it! I missed that when reading it. Never mind then...