PDA

View Full Version : Metamagic Cost Reduction for Clerics (other than DMM)?

SMWallace
2015-02-26, 01:39 AM
Hey, guys. Looking for methods other than Divine Metamagic I can use to cheapen or remove the cost of adding metamagic for Cleric spells. Not that Divine Metamagic isn't usually enough, especially if Nightsticks are allowed; I just want to keep aware of all my options. The less obscure the book, the better, but anything can help.

Rebel7284
2015-02-26, 01:58 AM
Spelldancer can advance any type of casting.
Takes quite a few feats to qualify for, but then boosting spelldance is pretty easy.

Metamagic School Focus does not specify it has to be used on arcane spells, but only works for one school of magic.

Easy Metamagic in Dragon 325 reduces a single metamagic feat by 1.

Some people whisper about a divine adaptation of the Anima Mage. This seems like a houserule though.

Edit: actually, just remembered this thread. I think it has most things. http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9876.0

Troacctid
2015-02-26, 02:01 AM
Midnight Metamagic (Magic of Incarnum) lets you invest essentia to reduce metamagic adjustments.

Illumians with the naen and hoon sigils (Races of Destiny) have a racial feature that is similar to Divine Metamagic, letting you expend turn undead attempts to apply metamagic for free, twice per day.

Forrestfire
2015-02-26, 02:12 AM
Clerics with the Dragonblood subtype qualify for Practical Metamagic, as they are spontaneous casters.

DarkSonic1337
2015-02-26, 02:12 AM
Boost spelldance? Just become immune to exhaustion and then heal the constitution damage and fatigue after you're done.

edit:just realized that you probably meant boosting the perform check. My bad.

Dread_Head
2015-02-26, 06:17 AM
Dweomkeeper reduces the metamagic cost by one. It only kicks in at Dweomkeeper 10 but it is otherwise a very solid class.

atemu1234
2015-02-26, 06:24 AM
Dweomkeeper reduces the metamagic cost by one. It only kicks in at Dweomkeeper 10 but it is otherwise a very solid class.

Isn't it considered like an actually pretty good class, not just a solid one?

defiantdan
2015-02-26, 07:07 AM
Isn't it considered like an actually pretty good class, not just a solid one?

I guess that depends if you consider free limited wish, miracles, permanancy to be pretty good :p.

atemu1234
2015-02-26, 07:16 AM
I guess that depends if you consider free limited wish, miracles, permanancy to be pretty good :p.

Most tend to.

bobthedragon
2015-02-26, 08:35 AM
Buy a couple schema's of metamagic item and eternal wands. For 8400 gold each, you can persist one eternal wand a day and keep all your turning uses for other divine feats, and keep all your spell slots for other stuff =)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-02-26, 09:27 AM
Metamagic Rods in the DMG and various other books.

Illumian in Races of Destiny with the Naenhoon runeword is very similar to Divine Metamagic.

Anthrowhale
2015-02-26, 10:44 AM
If you use "Alternate Spell Source" (metamatic feat, Dragon 325), you can use arcane thesis to do metamagic reduction.

Remember that Alternate Spell Source is a metamagic spell, and hence an Alt-Source Easy Twin spell is +0.