Violet Smith
C3

A4
Oliver Nest
C4

Elizabeth Deorwine
B5
Lisa Thompson

In order, introduce yourself, declare your strings (ones coming from your sheet only), pick a place to sit and answer some questions:

Moriarty Vivian (if you're still with us):
-Is Moriarty a first or last name? Same with Vivian? (And, concerning that, which gender?)
-How did you die? Why the death wasn't reported?
-Does anyone know what you are?

Daniel Jameson
-Actually, I don't think I have any questions for now.

Elizabeth "Eliza" Deorwine
-Again, how did you die? How long ago?

Buffy Anne Sommers
-For how long you were a Slayer?
-For how long were you living in town?
-There's a boy in class named Oliver Nest. He's handsome, but relatively unremarkable, and he seems to stalk you on breaks. Your reaction?

Violet
-You might not be a human, but you need a last name for school papers; which?
-The same way, you need an official address. How do you manage?
-Or do you have a normal human family, in fact?

Necroticplague
2015-02-26, 04:42 AM
Strings:Elizabeth and Moriarty have 2 strings on each other, Violet gains 2 strings on Moriarty.

Seat:C1. For all the working out he does in his spare time, he still prefers to be able to not have to walk too far between his desk and the door.

-Moriarty is the first name, Vivian is the last name. (Male)
-Cardiomyopathy, genetic risk ignited by overly-strenuous workout routines. Wasn't reported because noone was in the room when he flatlined, and he was still breathing, so the machine's notice of his death got misattributed as a malfunction when it started back up on its own hours later.
-Except for the ghost that was there to see what really happened, no. Not even Moriarty knows of his own condition, attributing the deadened nerves so a result of the trauma and resilience of a nosegaurd. He's subconsciously kept the hunger for chaos at bay with the little flares of such on the field, but he feels himself growing ever more restless.....

Anubis Dread
2015-02-26, 11:03 AM
Daniel enters the room and sits at A3. As recently as the end of last year he probably would have sat right at the front, but things changed. He no longer wanted that much attention on himself. That same desire to step down from being in the spotlight also reflected many of his other choices that year. He'd stepped down from the head of the Christian Youth Group to be just another member, citing his need to focus on his studies as his excuse. Truthfully though he just wanted things to change from how they had been last year. And every year before that as well.

His eyes couldn't help but stray to Violet (gains Two strings on Daniel). She'd been the first to open his eyes as to the true nature of the world, at least tangentially. She was other worldly, and seemed mystical in a way. Her mere existence seemed brighter than the world around here and had prompted him to study. This was furthered even more by Moriarty (gains One string on Daniel). Daniel didn't know the truth of Moriarty's nature, but something about them was just... dark. It made him curious for darker knowledge, to ask for something and for once in his life be listened to.

And then there was Buffy (Daniel gains One string on Buffy). A friend from childhood. They used to hang out regularly, Daniel going along with her silly games. But he'd withdrawn over the Summer, and this was his first time seeing her again since the end of school last year. He wanted this year to be different, but wasn't sure if his new life had any room for Buffy in it. All he could do is go forward and see if she kept up.

Esprit15
2015-02-26, 01:26 PM
Elizabeth Deorwin
Born: 6 June 1880
Died: 1 April 1895

Strings: 1 on Buffy, Violent has 1 on Eliza.

Seat: A5 (Likes staying out of sight, and by an open wall is frequently a safe place to stay, even if you do start to look a little sickly in the sun)

Death: Even if she was one of the quiet girls in school, Elizabeth had also been one of the more attractive in her college preparatory school, so it always came as somewhat of a surprise when she was also top of her class. Through some friendly flirting she eventually gathered the attention of one of the more popular members of the football team. By now she doesn't even remember his name. What she had not known was that he was already seeing someone, and the other girl was not keen on sharing. Words were said and Eliza didn't realize the other girl had a knife. Some nights, or at times when her emotions run high, the wounds are visible, bleeding on her arms, chest and face. She haunts the school and town now, her name somehow always appearing on student rosters. Only the fae girl really knows what she is. How she found out was beyond Eliza. Was the girl older than her? Was it simply a matter of nature knowing everything? It was hard to be certain and she never found a good time to ask.

Angelalex242
2015-02-26, 01:38 PM
Buffy

Gains one string on Moriarty
Gains one string on Daniel

Sits in C5 (May need a quick exit at any time...this assumes the door is actually by C5. If the door is by C1, she sits in C2.)

Buffy received her calling as the Slayer this month, with a 'Watcher' giving her the famous speech. 'Unto each generation there is born a chosen one. She alone will fight against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer.' Since then, her nights are often found frequenting graveyards and other places supernaturals dwell...and ending them.

Daniel is a childhood friend, and more importantly, he was pretty good in a fight, so she often brought him hunting. Moriarty was even better in a fight, practically speaking, as strong as she was, and she was grateful to have such support.

Because Daniel is a childhood friend, she must've grown up here in town.

She took the direct approach to Oliver Nest...first, she told school staff about it, and had them take as many appropriate actions as they were going to. When that turned out to be 'not much', other then having it on record she complained about it, she henceforward takes it into her own hands. If he gets a little too nosy, being on the wrong end of Slayer Strength can be an enlightening...and painful...experience.

(OOC:Yes, that's even canon. Somebody on the swim team tried to feel her up once. She unceremoniously slammed the guy's nose into a steering wheel. Not hard enough to break it, but he went away clutching his nose in pain and whining to the principal about it. 'Lash out physically', indeed)

Illven
2015-02-26, 03:48 PM
Violet Smith. Child of human Johnathan Smith, and FeyNymph Roseline Smith, settled down for another school year in seat B3.

Being a Nymph, she was always one of the most, if not the most attractive girls in the school. In recent years, this gained her alot of male attention, as well as some female attention.

She didn't really abuse it.... But she certainly let herself benefit from it. (Everyone gains 1 string on Violet)

Of course there was Buffy, Buffy might never admit it, but Violet could tell when Buffy's eyes were on her. (Violet gains 2 strings on Buffy)

She sent a wave to the ghost girl in A5, as she waited for the teacher to start.

Esprit15
2015-02-26, 03:59 PM
Eliza gives a slow wave of acknowledgment. "Morning, Violet..." she breathes.

Angelalex242
2015-02-26, 05:16 PM
Buffy sat in her usual spot. Buffy was never the best of students, but she put up with school and did what she had to. The fact she spent more time fighting then studying didn't help matters. The usual group was here today, it looked like.

Illven
2015-02-26, 05:29 PM
Eliza gives a slow wave of acknowledgment. "Morning, Violet..." she breathes.

How are you doing this morning? Violet asked.

Esprit15
2015-02-26, 05:56 PM
"I'm not roasting with Old Scratch, so I suppose I cannot complain... And yourself?"

Illven
2015-02-26, 06:12 PM
I'm good. Mom told me to tell you hi by the way. Violet replied. You coming over after school to say hi?

Anubis Dread
2015-02-26, 09:02 PM
It seems he was sitting next to Violet. He should probably talk to her. Daniel had had some suspicions about her for a while, but had never really gotten a chance to get close enough to her to confirm or deny them. But he wasn't really in the mood for talking. In fact he felt about as awful on this first day of school as he had during his Summer break. Which was depressing, as he'd hoped to turn things around today. There was still time, he could build himself up to it.

For now Daniel looked out the window pensively, idly writing bad poetry about how hard life was in his notebook. It helped him get all the pensive thoughts in his head out of there. Though sometimes it felt like he'd run out of things that rhymed with 'cut', 'wound' and 'soul',

Esprit15
2015-02-27, 02:50 AM
I'm good. Mom told me to tell you hi by the way. Violet replied. You coming over after school to say hi?

"Did I say I would earlier? I must have forgotten... Sure, why not?" The girl's interest in her was always a little strange. It was always "Oh! You should come over! Oh, sit here!" She was the ghost and yet Violet was the creepy one.

jamieth
2015-03-01, 07:04 AM
The lass goes on and Mrs. Johnson just babbles endlessly about boring math stuff; she barely cares about whether anyone's listening to her, and even if she did, it's no bit secret that she's nearsighted and refuses to wear glasses due to some weird issue. Her hearing is second-to-none though, which is why the usual method of conversation during her lessons is through passing notes. One such note is placed on Buffy's and Moriarty's desks - or, in this case, two notes, obviously:
"Parents out of town this weekend; fun starts 7PM. Don't let wrong people know.
C.N.
P.S. Bring swimsuits."

C.N. being, of course, Cordelia Norton.

Violet, meanwhile gets one from directly behind.
"I kinda made a wrong impression on Summers. I know she likes you; could you, maybe, help me apologize to her? I'll be in your debt if you do."

Do you want your poetry to be a way of Gazing into Abyss? If so, roll Dark.

From your convenient vantage point, you notice something strange; Lisa Tompson, a nerdy mousey girl sitting in C5, looks around carefully to ensure no one's looking and pulls a small knife out of her bag.

Angelalex242
2015-03-01, 09:51 AM
The lass goes on and Mrs. Johnson just babbles endlessly about boring math stuff; she barely cares about whether anyone's listening to her, and even if she did, it's no bit secret that she's nearsighted and refuses to wear glasses due to some weird issue. Her hearjng is second-to-none though, which is why the usual method of conversation during her lessons is through passing notes. One such note is placed on Buffy's and Moriarty's desks - or, in this case, two notes, obviously:
"Parents out of town this weekend; fun starts 7PM. Don't let wrong people know.
C.N.
P.S. Bring swimsuits."

C.N. being, of course, Cordelia Norton.

Buffy passes a note back. It'd be ideal if she could go, of course. Typically, she'll get word of a monster needing to be killed just before she can actually go, but she figures it's equally likely the monster will just show up at the pool party try to eat everyone. And in the highly unlikely event there are no monsters, sneaking away from her Watcher would be great!

...Okay. Sounds good.
-Buffy

Esprit15
2015-03-01, 10:17 AM
Eliza watches the girl, curious about what mistake she would make that could ruin her life. While everyone was distracted, she could get out of harm's way. Dead or not, she was normally solid enough to still get hurt... Or should she intervene, talk the girl down...? No, it would have to be via note if anything. Eliza writes a quick note before folding it and sending it forward with instructions to get it to Lisa. Keep the focus off of her.
I WOULDN'T IF I WERE YOU.
-ED

The text isn't hostile caps, simply written in capital text

Illven
2015-03-01, 11:09 AM
Violet passes a note back

What did you do?

Anubis Dread
2015-03-01, 12:37 PM
He should be taking notes. But it was early in the year, it was doubtful any of this would appear on any tests. So instead he idly doodled symbols and poetry into his book. He was used enough to it by now he didn't even need to look at it while he did so, which left him free to look about the room.

It seemed Violet was getting a note of some kind. That seemed good conversation fodder. Except that it would be like interrupting a conversation already in progress. That would make him come across as rude right? But he wanted to know what was going on. Actually he didn't, he just wanted to talk to Violet. If she'd accept him talking to her. He might come across as creepy or something. It might be better to just wait by her locker or outside the school later or something. Except that would be more creepy. He could probably track down her home address and bump into her there? It would be pretty easy if he just asked around. And even easier if he used his powers. But if he used his powers for something so trivial he'd accumulate debt like crazy. He could however work off some of that debt if he managed to get far enough with Violet. He could smell her from here, it was intoxicating. How the entire class wasn't slavering over he had no idea. Except maybe they were? She was getting notes. Did he have to worry about a bunch of competition? Maybe he should wait outside her home to scare off any creepers that might try to track down her home address. Weirdos...

Daniel opens his mouth to talk, before closing it and nervously going back to his scrawling, shooting sideways glances at Violet.

Sure since you're giving me the chance. Let's see, I guess I'll aim for visions relating to whatever all this note passing is regarding.

[roll0] for Dark. If it's a 7-9 I'll aim for the unclear visions.

Necroticplague
2015-03-02, 06:25 AM
Moriarty gives the note a moments thought. Sure, it's a relative stranger's house. On the other hand, it sounds like a party of some kind. Heck, it even specified the parents would be gone, indicative of it being an awesome party. So he passes a note back:
I'll be there. BYOB?
-MV

jamieth
2015-03-02, 07:35 AM
You suddenly notice two metaphors appearing in your writings with surprising frequency; that of a pack of bees flying towards a beehive... and that of a spider who spread its web in their way.

"She kinda accused me of stalking, and, well, I guess I did hang out around her a bit much... just wanted to talk, though, and couldn't get a good time. She always seems busy...

The moment Lisa notices the student in B5 turning towards her, she drops the knife immediately; then reads the letter and starts frantically scribbling on the opposite side. Pretty soon, yo get your note back, with the following reply: "It-it isn't what you think! I-I'll explain everything after the lesson..." Yes, she stutters in writing.

"I've enough, but more the merrier. See you there. CN"

"See you there. CN"

The lesson, meanwhile, comes to a close. Owen approaches Violet and asks, "So... will you help me?"
The boy in A4 - Allen Pine, of the football team - standing up, knocks a pile of books Lisa built on her desk to hide behind it to the floor. Lots of people turn around to the sound, but only Eliza notices Lisa biting her lip and ****ching her knuckles.
Cordelia Norton walks out of class unconcerned with the commotion, only stopping momentarily at the door to flash a brief smile to Moriarty... and/or Buffy?

Esprit15
2015-03-02, 08:34 AM
"Classy, Allen. Very classy indeed," Eliza calls to the guy as he ignores Lisa. She helps the girl collect her books up. "I take it he was the one you were thinking about?" she asks as she picks up the books, not making direct eye contact.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 11:51 AM
Interesting... Daniel knew not to question any visions he might get, but interpreting this one would be difficult. The fact that the spider was setting up a trap for the bees was simple enough, but who were the bees and who were the spider? Busy bees, social bees... he supposed it meant there was a party or something going on that would be dangerous? It fit the interpretation, but what did that have to do with the notes? Invitations maybe? But that would mean Violet got one.

"Hey uh... Violet, can I talk to your for a sec?" Daniel asks nervously to the girl beside him as the class lets out. He had the power of the abyss at his finger tips, why was he so nervous just talking to a girl?!

Illven
2015-03-02, 01:37 PM
Violet smiles.

I can set up a mutual friend thing, but only if Buffy's willing. She beams at Owen.

She then notices and turns to Daniel.

Hey Daniel, how are you? She asks smiling at her friends friend.

Angelalex242
2015-03-02, 01:50 PM
Buffy nods, pleased to be having a social life for once, and wastes no time getting out the door.

Almost. The commotion of falling books draws her attention for a moment. It looks like Lisa's been trying to hide herself...being shy could be hard, though. She heads back that way.

Do you need help with the books?

Eliza might've finished before Buffy got there, but if she did not, Buffy lends a hand too.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 02:21 PM
"Oh, uh..." How did he phrase this? Well first things first he had to know if his suspicions were accurate. "I noticed a lot of note passing going on during class is all. And I saw you got one. Is something going on?"

Illven
2015-03-02, 02:28 PM
"Oh, uh..." How did he phrase this? Well first things first he had to know if his suspicions were accurate. "I noticed a lot of note passing going on during class is all. And I saw you got one. Is something going on?"

Yeah, Owen wants me to set him up with Buffy. Violet answered gesturing to indicate Owen.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 02:32 PM
"Oh?" Daniel blinked in surprise. That wasn't what he expected. That didn't fit his vision at all. Maybe his vision was about something completely unrelated? At least it meant Violet as safe.

"You know me and Buffy have been friends for a long time. Maybe I could help out with it or something?" Daniel attempted. "Besides pairing up to get those two paired up would give us a chance to sort of, you know, hang out? Maybe get to know eachother a little better?"

Roll to Turn On.

[roll0]

Illven
2015-03-02, 02:40 PM
You mean a double date? Violet smirked amused. Then she had an idea and moved in close.

Do you have any idea what Buffy likes in a man.... If you do that would be very helpful. She said turning on the puppy eyes.

Roll to turn on [roll0]

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 02:46 PM
"Uh... uh... uhhhh..." Daniel stammered out, looking at Violet shell shocked. A double date? Like Buffy and that guy with Violet and... him? The idea made him flush.

"Well uh, I can talk to Buffy about this guy if you want, but as for what she likes... well she likes a guy who's sort of straight forward? Someone who can take care of themselves. And she often has a thing for the bad boy I guess?" Daniel gave the best answer he could.

Alex, feel free to correct me on this one. I just thought about what TV Buffy tended to go for.

I can also roll Dark to find out if that's more applicable? If so [roll0]

jamieth
2015-03-02, 02:49 PM
Owen, meanwhile, is less than happy for Daniel's appearance; "No one asked you to interfere", he hisses into Daniel's ear, "Fryday's all mine anyway!"

Lisa doesn't reject aid, though it's obvious she has quite an experience in picking things up; "Thanks... and yes, you're right, but I just wanted a bit of his hair..." she blushed furiously.

Illven
2015-03-02, 02:56 PM
Owen, meanwhile, is less than happy for Daniel's appearance; "No one asked you to interfere", he hisses into Daniel's ear, "Fryday's all mine anyway!"

Lisa doesn't reject aid, though it's obvious she has quite an experience in picking things up; "Thanks... and yes, you're right, but I just wanted a bit of his hair..." she blushed furiously.

Friday? I mean I thought I'd come along to give you some real time tips. Violet said musing.

But I suppose if you don't want me to come along....

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 02:57 PM
Daniel frowned. Normally he'd just forgive and forget, but he was trying to be a different person this year. "If you don't want my help fine, but if you asked for Violet's and she asked for mine that's her business at that point. Plus I'm a friend of the girl you're crushing on too. I doubt Buffy would be very happy to go out with a guy who acts like a jerk to her friends."

Shut Down: [roll0]

jamieth
2015-03-02, 03:02 PM
"Oh, I totally wanted some tips", Owen grins, "But it seems it won't be necessary after all..." with a smug face, he turns away to leave, "Situation's changed, so ciao!"

Illven
2015-03-02, 03:09 PM
"Oh, I totally wanted some tips", Owen grins, "But it seems it won't be necessary after all..." with a smug face, he turns away to leave, "Situation's changed, so ciao!"

Violet glares as Owen leaves.

Okay. I don't like him. She adds to Daniel.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 03:11 PM
"Me neither," Daniel replied with a tense smile while his other hand gripped onto his desk so hard his knuckles turned white. He should bring a plague down upon him. He should use his ties to the darkness to give him leprosy, or cause maggots to eat his still living flesh! But that would be a gross misuse of his power. In that he would need to pay the price for his petty revenge. He should get revenge in a more conventional way.

"Well it looks like the double date is off. But maybe it could be a single date instead?" Daniel attempted, still captivated by Violet's doe eyes she'd shown off before.

Esprit15
2015-03-02, 03:21 PM

"His hair? For...? Don't mind me, I'm just wondering why scissors were not the proper tool."

Illven
2015-03-02, 03:28 PM
"Me neither," Daniel replied with a tense smile while his other hand gripped onto his desk so hard his knuckles turned white. He should bring a plague down upon him. He should use his ties to the darkness to give him leprosy, or cause maggots to eat his still living flesh! But that would be a gross misuse of his power. In that he would need to pay the price for his petty revenge. He should get revenge in a more conventional way.

"Well it looks like the double date is off. But maybe it could be a single date instead?" Daniel attempted, still captivated by Violet's doe eyes she'd shown off before.

I have a better idea. Violet said with mischievous eyes. Next time he goes to a school function, or a party, you bring both me and Buffy as dates.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 03:50 PM
I have a better idea. Violet said with mischievous eyes. Next time he goes to a school function, or a party, you bring both me and Buffy as dates.

"Sure, sounds good," Daniel replied with a grin. He didn't really care about Buffy too much, but any excuse to take Violet on a date was one he planned to take. Even if she only considered it a chance to show Owen up.

Illven
2015-03-02, 03:56 PM
"Sure, sounds good," Daniel replied with a grin. He didn't really care about Buffy too much, but any excuse to take Violet on a date was one he planned to take. Even if she only considered it a chance to show Owen up.

So did you take any notes in math. Violet asked quietly with a blush.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 03:59 PM
"Uh... not really," Daniel replied, casually closing his badly written poetry filled book and sliding it into his bag. "I guess I'm not really used to taking clases again yet."

Illven
2015-03-02, 04:11 PM
"Uh... not really," Daniel replied, casually closing his badly written poetry filled book and sliding it into his bag. "I guess I'm not really used to taking clases again yet."

Me either. Violet admits. I'll just read the textbook. You coming to next class, or do you need to stop by your locker first? She asked turning to leave.

Angelalex242
2015-03-02, 04:25 PM
"His hair? For...? Don't mind me, I'm just wondering why scissors were not the proper tool."

Buffy knew the supernatural...

Okay, what's the sitch? Do you need it because you're going to cast a love spell, or do you need it because you don't like him and have a hex in mind?

Amazing what her watcher educated her on...

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 04:29 PM
Me either. Violet admits. I'll just read the textbook. You coming to next class, or do you need to stop by your locker first? She asked turning to leave.

"We could go to the next class together if we share it," Daniel replies as he stands up himself. "Or we could swing by the lockers I guess, but I don't really need to stop by." He was actually talking to her! He wasn't going to let this opportunity pass by.

...except he might have to. He was hearing some noise come from the back of the classroom, and he knew what tended to happy when Buffy got noisey. "Either way let's just get out of here," he adds. He didn't want to get dragged into anything.

Illven
2015-03-02, 04:40 PM
"We could go to the next class together if we share it," Daniel replies as he stands up himself. "Or we could swing by the lockers I guess, but I don't really need to stop by." He was actually talking to her! He wasn't going to let this opportunity pass by.

...except he might have to. He was hearing some noise come from the back of the classroom, and he knew what tended to happy when Buffy got noisey. "Either way let's just get out of here," he adds. He didn't want to get dragged into anything.

Yeah, let's go. Violet beamed.

So how was your break? She asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 04:47 PM
"It was... interesting," Daniel replied thoughtfully. It was hard to focus on lieing when his heart kept skipping beats. "I had a bunch of activities I was signed up for, but doing all of it made me realize I was stretching myself too thin. I ended up stepping down from a bunch of stuff for this year so I could focus on studying. How about you?" he asked.

Illven
2015-03-02, 04:57 PM
"It was... interesting," Daniel replied thoughtfully. It was hard to focus on lieing when his heart kept skipping beats. "I had a bunch of activities I was signed up for, but doing all of it made me realize I was stretching myself too thin. I ended up stepping down from a bunch of stuff for this year so I could focus on studying. How about you?" he asked.

Well I helped mom in the shop. Went to the beach. Got hit on by all the lifeguards. Violet replied.

Among other things. Violet mentioned.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 09:05 PM
Daniel spluttered, before clearing his throat to try and disguise it. "Really? All the life guards?" he asked casually. "That uh... that must have been interesting. I mean awful!" he corrected. He'd dialed it a little too much towards casual there.

Illven
2015-03-02, 09:46 PM
Daniel spluttered, before clearing his throat to try and disguise it. "Really? All the life guards?" he asked casually. "That uh... that must have been interesting. I mean awful!" he corrected. He'd dialed it a little too much towards casual there.

It was sweet. A half dozen guys and girls all jumping over themselves to give you the ice cream THEY brought for you. Especially this really cute guy that made me wish I was a couple years old. Violet chuckled.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 09:52 PM
"If you ate all that icecream it would probably make you faaaaaaantastically sick," Daniel managed to catch himself before saying something he'd regret. "If it's just icecream your after I could probably hook you up," he added with a smile. Though from the sounds of that eyebrow twitch inducing comment about the cute guy that wasn't the case.

Illven
2015-03-02, 10:22 PM
"If you ate all that icecream it would probably make you faaaaaaantastically sick," Daniel managed to catch himself before saying something he'd regret. "If it's just icecream your after I could probably hook you up," he added with a smile. Though from the sounds of that eyebrow twitch inducing comment about the cute guy that wasn't the case.

It'd probably go straight to my boobs. Violet corrected bopping Daniel with her hip. Not that they need any help. She teased.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 10:38 PM
Ah... ahhhh... Daniel's gaze unwillingly went down to Violet's chest, before promptly looking the opposite way entirely. He blushed furiously, his mouth working but producing no sound. "Ah.... s-sure that s-sounds about right," he attempted nervously.

Illven
2015-03-02, 10:43 PM
Ah... ahhhh... Daniel's gaze unwillingly went down to Violet's chest, before promptly looking the opposite way entirely. He blushed furiously, his mouth working but producing no sound. "Ah.... s-sure that s-sounds about right," he attempted nervously.

Violet chuckles. You okay? She asks.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-02, 10:54 PM
"Y-yeah, sure," Daniel replied nervously. "I just uh... didn't expect that sort of talk before we'd gone on a date. N-not that I expect that after a date either! Or even expect a date since it was sort of a spur of a moment thing and only to help Owen and Buffy hook up..."

No matter how confident he told himself he was when he was by himself, or how much he tried to push things to his advantage in the background, he'd never be a smooth talker when it came to women. Especially when it came to Violet. That fact was incredibly depressing.

Illven
2015-03-02, 11:15 PM
Nah. nah, I don't mind. Me and my mom get looks all the time. It's a uh family trait. Violet assured him.

It was especially funny with this girl lifeguard that was well endowed herself. It's like you have a pair of your own, get a mirror. She joked.

jamieth
2015-03-03, 12:52 AM

Buffy knew the supernatural...

Okay, what's the sitch? Do you need it because you're going to cast a love spell, or do you need it because you don't like him and have a hex in mind?

Amazing what her watcher educated her on...

"B-but, I don't carry scissors in my schoolbag, that'll be weird..." Lisa replies, still stuttering a bit.
"W-what are you talking about? S-spells? H-hexes? I-it's so unscientific!"
(Buffy, take a string on the poor girl :-)

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 12:55 AM
"Yeah that is kind of weird. I mean if I had a pair like that I'd probably just..." Daniel stared off into space for a few moments before snapping back to attention and looking somewhat embarrassed. "So uh, I suppose it would have been awkward with any girl though, considering," he replied.

Angelalex242
2015-03-03, 01:04 AM
"B-but, I don't carry scissors in my schoolbag, that'll be weird..." Lisa replies, still stuttering a bit.

(Added)

Well, this school isn't so sciency, if you noticed. More on the magicy side. And when people start collecting hair or fingernails or whatever...well, that usually means magic. So...what kinda spell are you thinking, Lisa?

Some types of magic were more harmless then others. But some...she heard of a spell that'd just wither a person down to nothing...can't have people casting that.

Esprit15
2015-03-03, 01:05 AM

"But you carry a knife."

Illven
2015-03-03, 01:07 AM
"Yeah that is kind of weird. I mean if I had a pair like that I'd probably just..." Daniel stared off into space for a few moments before snapping back to attention and looking somewhat embarrassed. "So uh, I suppose it would have been awkward with any girl though, considering," he replied.

Violet chuckles If you had a pair. People would probably be concerned. She pointed out.

And awkward in what sense? She asked.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 01:18 AM
"Probably," Daniel admitted with a nervous chuckle. "And it'd be awkward because... well you're a girl, she's a girl..."

Illven
2015-03-03, 01:26 AM
"Probably," Daniel admitted with a nervous chuckle. "And it'd be awkward because... well you're a girl, she's a girl..."

I'm pan. Violet adds, slightly annoyed.

jamieth
2015-03-03, 01:29 AM
"But you carry a knife."

(Added)

Well, this school isn't so sciency, if you noticed. More on the magicy side. And when people start collecting hair or fingernails or whatever...well, that usually means magic. So...what kinda spell are you thinking, Lisa?

Some types of magic were more harmless then others. But some...she heard of a spell that'd just wither a person down to nothing...can't have people casting that.

"B-but knives are useful - you can cut food with them, for example..."

"M-Magicy? W-what are you talking about? W-we are too old to believe in faily tales, r-right?

Angelalex242
2015-03-03, 01:36 AM
"B-but knives are useful - you can cut food with them, for example..."

"M-Magicy? W-what are you talking about? W-we are too old to believe in faily tales, r-right?

What fairy tale? There's like, no other reason you could possibly want someone's hair. So fess up.

She gives her best 'stern Buffy' look.

(OOC:Is this a manipulate NPC roll? Well, I'll try it, and see if she persists in denial...)

[roll0] (Hot, manipulate NPC)

Esprit15
2015-03-03, 01:37 AM
"Yeah, how about you hop back to reality, Buffy."

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 01:38 AM
Daniel seems shocked. "Oh. Well that's great," he forced a smile. "It means double the dating prospects. Um... your parents are okay with it right?" he asked concerned with a frown. He didn't mind that she wasn't just vanilla straight, but it was... worrying. His father was a minister, he'd seen a lot of stuff when it came to people like th- her being treated poorly.

Illven
2015-03-03, 01:53 AM
Daniel seems shocked. "Oh. Well that's great," he forced a smile. "It means double the dating prospects. Um... your parents are okay with it right?" he asked concerned with a frown. He didn't mind that she wasn't just vanilla straight, but it was... worrying. His father was a minister, he'd seen a lot of stuff when it came to people like th- her being treated poorly.

Violet doesn't seem to fully believe him.

Yeah they are aware. They're fine with it. Violet says.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 11:31 AM
"Awesome," Daniel sighs in relief. "I can't imagine what my parents would say if I turned out to be anything but straight as a line. Hypothetically speaking," he added quickly.

Illven
2015-03-03, 12:22 PM
"Awesome," Daniel sighs in relief. "I can't imagine what my parents would say if I turned out to be anything but straight as a line. Hypothetically speaking," he added quickly.

Oh. That sucks. Violet said softening up, and putting an arm around Daniel.

Do you want to talk about it?

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 01:13 PM
Oh. That sucks. Violet said softening up, and putting an arm around Daniel.

Do you want to talk about it?

"...will you stay like that if I do?" Daniel asked quietly with a blush. He... had not meant to just come out to her like that. This could be bad. "But seriously, you can't tell anyone," he told her somewhat frightened as he considered the possibilities.

Illven
2015-03-03, 01:44 PM
Of course I won't. Violet said wrapping a pinky around Daniel's pinky. Pinky swear. She said to lighten the mood.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 02:18 PM
Despite himself Daniel had to snicker before bursting out laughing. "Wow, you are really good at lightening the modd," he chuckled. A pinkie swear? That was so insanely childish that it made him feel completely at ease. Enough he was actually wanting to share a little bit with her. Just a little bit.

"I uh... worked it out over the Summer," he admitted. "I went through a bit of a crisis since... son of a minster and all that. No-one knows but you and me at least. That's half the reason I stepped down from so much this year - it's hard to be the head of the youth group when I know at least half the members would want me stoned if they knew," he went on nervously.

Illven
2015-03-03, 02:30 PM
Despite himself Daniel had to snicker before bursting out laughing. "Wow, you are really good at lightening the modd," he chuckled. A pinkie swear? That was so insanely childish that it made him feel completely at ease. Enough he was actually wanting to share a little bit with her. Just a little bit.

"I uh... worked it out over the Summer," he admitted. "I went through a bit of a crisis since... son of a minster and all that. No-one knows but you and me at least. That's half the reason I stepped down from so much this year - it's hard to be the head of the youth group when I know at least half the members would want me stoned if they knew," he went on nervously.

Is it that bad? Do you want me to start showing up there? Violet offered.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 02:41 PM
Is it that bad? Do you want me to start showing up there? Violet offered.

"It's not like they preach about it all the time or anything. But when it comes up it's pretty clear where they stand," Daniel explained. "And... as much as it'd be great to have any excuse to hang out with you, I don't think you'd enjoy it much," he blushed. "It's basically half like going to church on a weekday, half like a constant charity event."

Illven
2015-03-03, 03:04 PM
"It's not like they preach about it all the time or anything. But when it comes up it's pretty clear where they stand," Daniel explained. "And... as much as it'd be great to have any excuse to hang out with you, I don't think you'd enjoy it much," he blushed. "It's basically half like going to church on a weekday, half like a constant charity event."

I like charity. Violet protests.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 03:35 PM
I like charity. Violet protests.

"Well... I guess it would be okay if you stopped by for one meeting," Daniel hesitated. "I just don't want any of them to do anything rude if they found out about your uh, sexual persuasion. I mean it's not like the whole group is jerks or anything, but..."

Illven
2015-03-03, 04:04 PM
"Well... I guess it would be okay if you stopped by for one meeting," Daniel hesitated. "I just don't want any of them to do anything rude if they found out about your uh, sexual persuasion. I mean it's not like the whole group is jerks or anything, but..."

Well I at least find that guys tend to uh.... be less hostile to female non straightness. If you catch my drift. Violet replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 04:51 PM
Well I at least find that guys tend to uh.... be less hostile to female non straightness. If you catch my drift. Violet replied.

"...I'm not sure if that sort of reaction would be better or worst," Daniel admitted.

Illven
2015-03-03, 05:00 PM
"...I'm not sure if that sort of reaction would be better or worst," Daniel admitted.

As long as they keep their hands to themselves, I don't really mind where their eyes wander to. Violet shrugs.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 05:32 PM
As long as they keep their hands to themselves, I don't really mind where their eyes wander to. Violet shrugs.

"That's a uh, interesting way to look at it," Daniel replies, a little thrown off. "I-is that how you think of these things in general?" he asked embarassed. That would explain why she didn't seem upset at him glancing at her chest before.

Illven
2015-03-03, 05:40 PM
"That's a uh, interesting way to look at it," Daniel replies, a little thrown off. "I-is that how you think of these things in general?" he asked embarassed. That would explain why she didn't seem upset at him glancing at her chest before.

Yeah. Violet shrugs, Unless the person gets self-conscious when I ogle them, which has been known to happen.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 05:44 PM
Yeah. Violet shrugs, Unless the person gets self-conscious when I ogle them, which has been known to happen.

Wait she ogled people as much as she let them ogle her? Well it made sense. An eye for an eye and all that. Though he wasn't sure if that particular verse was applicable here. Perhaps it was more like do onto others as you would have them do onto you?

If she ogled people then... Daniel crunched up a little bit, before deciding he was beintg silly. He liked Violet, he shouldn't mind if she looked at anything! Giving an embarassed cough, he straightened back up. "Well I uh, guess that makes sense. I think being embarassed by ogling is pretty normal. Though maybe not when someone like you is doing the ogling," he added quietly.

Illven
2015-03-03, 05:50 PM
Wait she ogled people as much as she let them ogle her? Well it made sense. An eye for an eye and all that. Though he wasn't sure if that particular verse was applicable here. Perhaps it was more like do onto others as you would have them do onto you?

If she ogled people then... Daniel crunched up a little bit, before deciding he was beintg silly. He liked Violet, he shouldn't mind if she looked at anything! Giving an embarassed cough, he straightened back up. "Well I uh, guess that makes sense. I think being embarassed by ogling is pretty normal. Though maybe not when someone like you is doing the ogling," he added quietly.

It's really a whole factor of things. Depends on the person in question, how long the ogling lasts, the attractiveness of the ogler. Violet explains.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 06:38 PM
It's really a whole factor of things. Depends on the person in question, how long the ogling lasts, the attractiveness of the ogler. Violet explains.

"So Buffy is hot enough that she could ogle you for a while without you being bothered? While you'd probably get sick of me doing it in about two secons flat," Daniel chuckled dryly. "Not like I want to ogle you or anything - okay I do, but not like in a way that's..." he decided to quit while he was behind.

Illven
2015-03-03, 06:41 PM
"So Buffy is hot enough that she could ogle you for a while without you being bothered? While you'd probably get sick of me doing it in about two secons flat," Daniel chuckled dryly. "Not like I want to ogle you or anything - okay I do, but not like in a way that's..." he decided to quit while he was behind.

I... don't care who ogles me. Violet replies with a chuckle.

So. Since you do. She teases gesturing to her chest with another chuckle.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 06:52 PM
I... don't care who ogles me. Violet replies with a chuckle.

So. Since you do. She teases gesturing to her chest with another chuckle.

Huh buh... wuh... how was this working so well when he was such a dork?! He should probably make some kind of comment or joke or... something... but all his brain shut down as it realized he had full permission to stare at Violet's breath taking chest. He had no idea how long he'd been staring at it when he came to.

"Well they're uh, definitely worth ogling," Daniel comments with an embarassed cough.

Illven
2015-03-03, 07:17 PM
Huh buh... wuh... how was this working so well when he was such a dork?! He should probably make some kind of comment or joke or... something... but all his brain shut down as it realized he had full permission to stare at Violet's breath taking chest. He had no idea how long he'd been staring at it when he came to.

"Well they're uh, definitely worth ogling," Daniel comments with an embarassed cough.

I noticed. Violet teases. Any longer and we'd be late for class.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 07:23 PM
I noticed. Violet teases. Any longer and we'd be late for class.

"Well if you'd be willing to be a little late I definitely wouldn't mind- I mean you're right, let's go," Daniel corrects himself quickly.

Illven
2015-03-03, 07:30 PM
"Well if you'd be willing to be a little late I definitely wouldn't mind- I mean you're right, let's go," Daniel corrects himself quickly.

You can look as we walk. Violet teased.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 08:10 PM
You can look as we walk. Violet teased.

"I-I'll try," Daniel attempted to tease back. "Though it's kind of hard. They're very um... hypnotic," he blushed.

Illven
2015-03-03, 08:11 PM
"I-I'll try," Daniel attempted to tease back. "Though it's kind of hard. They're very um... hypnotic," he blushed.

You will obey the girl with the nice boobs. Violet teased squeezing them together, while wiggling like a snake.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 08:16 PM
"Uh... yes ma'am..." Daniel absently replies as he stares at her squeezed together, jiggling chest.

Illven
2015-03-03, 08:24 PM
"Uh... yes ma'am..." Daniel absently replies as he stares at her squeezed together, jiggling chest.

Princess carry me to class. Violet teased.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 09:06 PM
Princess carry me to class. Violet teased.

"Princess carry?.." Daniel asked confused. "Is that where you sort of..." he began to pick her up. "Make a cradle with your arms and put the girl in it like... this?"

Wait... what was he doing?! He nearly dropped her before steadying himself and blushing furiously. "Oh uh... guess this is it huh? Sorry."

Illven
2015-03-03, 09:31 PM
"Princess carry?.." Daniel asked confused. "Is that where you sort of..." he began to pick her up. "Make a cradle with your arms and put the girl in it like... this?"

Wait... what was he doing?! He nearly dropped her before steadying himself and blushing furiously. "Oh uh... guess this is it huh? Sorry."

Yes, perfect. No need to be sorry. Violet beamed.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-03, 09:38 PM
...dear god in heaven, if she was like this when they barely knew eachother what would she be like if he actually got that date? Maybe she thought it was already locked in and was acting as such. Or maybe she really did act like this with anyone, and when she dated someone she dialed it up even further? But what could be more than this? She'd need to strip naked and rub herself all over him to... to...

He really hoped he was holding her far enough away she couldn't feel that. "Well i-if it doesn't embarass you... I guess this is going to be our new form of transport," he teased with a blush as he began to walk.

Illven
2015-03-03, 10:09 PM
...dear god in heaven, if she was like this when they barely knew eachother what would she be like if he actually got that date? Maybe she thought it was already locked in and was acting as such. Or maybe she really did act like this with anyone, and when she dated someone she dialed it up even further? But what could be more than this? She'd need to strip naked and rub herself all over him to... to...

He really hoped he was holding her far enough away she couldn't feel that. "Well i-if it doesn't embarass you... I guess this is going to be our new form of transport," he teased with a blush as he began to walk.

I'm more then fine with that. Violet replied beaming.

jamieth
2015-03-04, 01:02 AM
What fairy tale? There's like, no other reason you could possibly want someone's hair. So fess up.

She gives her best 'stern Buffy' look.

(OOC:Is this a manipulate NPC roll? Well, I'll try it, and see if she persists in denial...)

[roll0] (Hot, manipulate NPC)

"I-Ive no idea how do you know..." Lisa whispers, making sure only Buffy would hear her, "B-but, I really wasn't planning anything... for now... just... as a safety net... look... can I convince you to forget you saw anything?.."

I'm more then fine with that. Violet replied beaming.

To little surprise, most boys in class look at Daniel without even trying to conceal their envy; some of the girls do too, though in their case, it's less obvious which of you they're envious of.

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 01:11 AM
"I-Ive no idea how do you know..." Lisa whispers, making sure only Buffy would hear her, "B-but, I really wasn't planning anything... for now... just... as a safety net... look... can I convince you to forget you saw anything?.."

Maybe...but there might be times I need help. And I'd like to be able to count on you when I do. Sound good?

Did I just recruit my very own Willow? Let's find out...

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 02:53 AM
"I like to whisper too, but I don't start doing it in front of people I'm still talking to. I don't know when that changed, but it is quite impolite," Eliza says, butting her head in close to the other girls. Lisa didn't seem the snobby, bitchy type, but Buffy was certainly bringing out aspects of that in her. She heads out the door, fading in to the crowd. She'd keep an eye on Lisa, though. She had an idea for a little... entertainment. A lesson, of sorts.
If Eliza weren't a ghost, she'd be an Olympic athlete with all the jumping to conclusions she does

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 10:38 AM
To little surprise, most boys in class look at Daniel without even trying to conceal their envy; some of the girls do too, though in their case, it's less obvious which of you they're envious of.

As mortifying as it was having so many people looking at him like that... it felt good too. He'd always been that overly Christian guy who never had any fun and got nervous around girls. Having so many people jealous of him at carrying an incredibly pretty girl around was kind of great. It made him feel like he really did have a chance to turn things around this year, even if he still felt like he hadn't changed nearly enough from the last to make it happen.

Illven
2015-03-04, 12:29 PM
Violet wearer of her heart on her sleeves can't help herself from laying it on thick.

My hero. She half-swoons, and gives Daniel a huge smooch on the cheek.

jamieth
2015-03-04, 01:08 PM
Buffy

Lisa just nods quickly before heading out

Eliza

If you follow the girl, you'll find out she just heads to buy herself a lunch. For now.

~~~

The next lesson is science, and Buffy and Daniel are working together.

Moriarty's paired with Lisa, meanwhile, and they're assigned a desk furthest from the one Eliza shares with Violet.

And it takes Lisa barely half a lesson to burn her hand by touching the experiment carelessly.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 01:12 PM
"Why do they never change this experiment? It's older than I am..." Eliza mumbles as she puts magnesium in a crucible and starts the burner.

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 01:29 PM
"Why do they never change this experiment? It's older than I am..." Eliza mumbles as she puts magnesium in a crucible and starts the burner.

So, uh...what do you know about all this sciency stuff? I just...kinda follow directions and hope the teacher lets me out of class.

Assuming she remembered the directions. Half the time, she didn't, her mind on other things. But maybe Daniel was paying attention. That'd be nice.

Illven
2015-03-04, 01:52 PM

Well at least you know what you're doing. Violet says reassuringly.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 02:05 PM
"Enough to get by, since I pay attention in class. Try it some time," she spits out at Buffy quickly.

"Yeah. I suppose I should let you do most of the work, since you need it more than I do."

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 02:15 PM
So, uh...what do you know about all this sciency stuff? I just...kinda follow directions and hope the teacher lets me out of class.

Assuming she remembered the directions. Half the time, she didn't, her mind on other things. But maybe Daniel was paying attention. That'd be nice.

"Huh?" Daniel asked, snapping back to attention. His mind had been elsewhere, his eyes staring into space and his pen writing poetry of a very different kind in his notebook than before. "Sorry I was just uh, thinking of something that had happened recently," he apologized.

What were they doing, some kind of experiment? Well most of the information was on the board, should be simple enough to work out. Daniel started prepping their work. "So uh, I noticed a couple of notes being passed around in the last class. I know what one was about, but was something going on with the other ones?" Daniel asked.

Necroticplague
2015-03-04, 02:17 PM
"Lisa, you O.K?"
He'd burnt himself trying to make the basic necessities (pizza, pizza rolls, wings, that sort of stuff) enough times to be probably more cautious than necessary around hot things.

"Quick, go get your hands under cold water in the sink till it stops hurting."

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 03:56 PM
"Huh?" Daniel asked, snapping back to attention. His mind had been elsewhere, his eyes staring into space and his pen writing poetry of a very different kind in his notebook than before. "Sorry I was just uh, thinking of something that had happened recently," he apologized.

What were they doing, some kind of experiment? Well most of the information was on the board, should be simple enough to work out. Daniel started prepping their work. "So uh, I noticed a couple of notes being passed around in the last class. I know what one was about, but was something going on with the other ones?" Daniel asked.

Nothing all that important.

Just something fun, and if Daniel hadn't been invited to the pool party, Cordelia had a reason.

So...we put the thingy in the other thingy and hope nothing blows up?

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 04:07 PM
Nothing all that important.

Just something fun, and if Daniel hadn't been invited to the pool party, Cordelia had a reason.

So...we put the thingy in the other thingy and hope nothing blows up?

"Or hope it does depending on if you like your classmates," Daniel replied as he worked. So the thingy went- damn it. The gas pipe went into the tube, then the sample went into the beaker. There were no thingies on the desk. Still at least the note wasn't anything important. Maybe his prophecy was just a coincidence after all.

"So... how do you feel about Owen?" Daniel had to ask as they worked.

Illven
2015-03-04, 04:10 PM
"Enough to get by, since I pay attention in class. Try it some time," she spits out at Buffy quickly.

"Yeah. I suppose I should let you do most of the work, since you need it more than I do."

You'll talk me through it? Violet asked hopefully.

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 04:17 PM
"Or hope it does depending on if you like your classmates," Daniel replied as he worked. So the thingy went- damn it. The gas pipe went into the tube, then the sample went into the beaker. There were no thingies on the desk. Still at least the note wasn't anything important. Maybe his prophecy was just a coincidence after all.

"So... how do you feel about Owen?" Daniel had to ask as they worked.

I don't like him. I reported him for following me around, but the school's not gonna do anything about it. I've got better things to do then worry about him, though. Like...trying to pass this class. A C would be nice. Give my mom less to worry about.

If that much. Buffy was no genius.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 04:20 PM
I don't like him. I reported him for following me around, but the school's not gonna do anything about it. I've got better things to do then worry about him, though. Like...trying to pass this class. A C would be nice. Give my mom less to worry about.

If that much. Buffy was no genius.

"Ah. He was asking Violet to help hook you two together," Daniel explained the question. "He got kind of rude when I got involved though. Seems like kind of a jerk. Speaking of which, do you uh, know much about Violet?" Daniel asked curiously.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 04:23 PM
You'll talk me through it? Violet asked hopefully.

"Sure. Okay, so right now, the top is on the mortar, so no air is getting in. So, what will happen when there is no more oxygen in the container?"

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 04:25 PM
"Ah. He was asking Violet to help hook you two together," Daniel explained the question. "He got kind of rude when I got involved though. Seems like kind of a jerk. Speaking of which, do you uh, know much about Violet?" Daniel asked curiously.

Buffy...actually blushed a little.

She's nice, isn't she? I saw you two hitting it off pretty well. She likes you, doesn't she? Good for you.

Illven
2015-03-04, 04:28 PM
"Sure. Okay, so right now, the top is on the mortar, so no air is getting in. So, what will happen when there is no more oxygen in the container?"

The fire will smother out? Violet replied.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 04:28 PM
Buffy...actually blushed a little.

She's nice, isn't she? I saw you two hitting it off pretty well. She likes you, doesn't she? Good for you.

"I uh, I'm not sure," Daniel admitted, blushing himself. "I'd like to think it, but it seems like she's about that friendly with everyone. We might have a date planned? I'm not sure. We talked about going on a double date with you and Owen before it turned out he was a jerk, and I hinted at it being just me and her instead? But it's not like we made plans or anything so... I don't know."

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 04:33 PM
The fire will smother out? Violet replied.

"Yes, and the reaction will stop. Now, what will be the mass of the reactants after? More than we started or less than we started?"

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 04:34 PM
"I uh, I'm not sure," Daniel admitted, blushing himself. "I'd like to think it, but it seems like she's about that friendly with everyone. We might have a date planned? I'm not sure. We talked about going on a double date with you and Owen before it turned out he was a jerk, and I hinted at it being just me and her instead? But it's not like we made plans or anything so... I don't know."

If you tried to include Owen, I'd decline. But...being a third wheel isn't much fun either. So, I dunno. Maybe you should just go on a proper date, if you're feeling all datey in the first place.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 04:45 PM
If you tried to include Owen, I'd decline. But...being a third wheel isn't much fun either. So, I dunno. Maybe you should just go on a proper date, if you're feeling all datey in the first place.

"How does someone 'feel datey'?" Daniel asked somewhat frustrated. "I've never gone on a date before, hell I've never even really asked someone before! I mean if it's going to be anyone it's going to be Violet, but it's just..." he sighed.

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 04:48 PM
"How does someone 'feel datey'?" Daniel asked somewhat frustrated. "I've never gone on a date before, hell I've never even really asked someone before! I mean if it's going to be anyone it's going to be Violet, but it's just..." he sighed.

Well, you feel datey when you want to spend a lot of time alone with the person you feel datey with. It's a date thing. So then...go on a date, and see if she's what you want.

Buffy didn't know how else to advise...Violet had captured her fancy too, but her old friend didn't need to hear about that right now.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 04:51 PM
Well, you feel datey when you want to spend a lot of time alone with the person you feel datey with. It's a date thing. So then...go on a date, and see if she's what you want.

Buffy didn't know how else to advise...Violet had captured her fancy too, but her old friend didn't need to hear about that right now.

"Right, right. I guess I better just go with her to the Youth Group and we can work out if we want to date after... wait is that a date?" Daniel realized with a frown. "But she's the one who suggested it... did she ask me out?!" If she did that would be AMAZING! Or he could just be reading too much into it... yeah he probably was. Definitely was. Sigh.

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 05:03 PM
"Right, right. I guess I better just go with her to the Youth Group and we can work out if we want to date after... wait is that a date?" Daniel realized with a frown. "But she's the one who suggested it... did she ask me out?!" If she did that would be AMAZING! Or he could just be reading too much into it... yeah he probably was. Definitely was. Sigh.

...if you want to go on a not so datey trip, ask her out for coffee. It's the non-relationship drink of choice. It's not like we lack for Starbucks around here.

That should work.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 05:28 PM
...if you want to go on a not so datey trip, ask her out for coffee. It's the non-relationship drink of choice. It's not like we lack for Starbucks around here.

That should work.

"Starbuks. Right. Simple," Daniel calmed his breathing. "Just have to uh, actually ask her." And hope she accepted. But what if she didn't? Then he wouldn't be any worst off than he was before and should be fine. But what if he wasn't?!

He was getting too distracted by all of this. He had other things to think about. Like bringing other people into the fold. The problem was that Buffy usually hunted the sort of thing he was now worshipping, so trying to recruit her would be pointless...

Illven
2015-03-04, 05:32 PM
"Yes, and the reaction will stop. Now, what will be the mass of the reactants after? More than we started or less than we started?"

Equal! Because mass cannot be created or destroyed. Violet said confidently.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 05:41 PM
Equal! Because mass cannot be created or destroyed. Violet said confidently.

"So when we weigh it, will it weigh as much as the magnesium we put in?"

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 05:52 PM
"Starbuks. Right. Simple," Daniel calmed his breathing. "Just have to uh, actually ask her." And hope she accepted. But what if she didn't? Then he wouldn't be any worst off than he was before and should be fine. But what if he wasn't?!

He was getting too distracted by all of this. He had other things to think about. Like bringing other people into the fold. The problem was that Buffy usually hunted the sort of thing he was now worshipping, so trying to recruit her would be pointless...

There ya go. Violet's easy going. And I think your dad likes blabbing on about asking and receiving, or something like that. So, you should be okay.

Then again, asking people out can be terrifying.

I mean, it's not like you have to try all that hard. Just be you. Being all Daniely should be more then enough.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 05:55 PM
There ya go. Violet's easy going. And I think your dad likes blabbing on about asking and receiving, or something like that. So, you should be okay.

Then again, asking people out can be terrifying.

I mean, it's not like you have to try all that hard. Just be you. Being all Daniely should be more then enough.

"So I shoud... never talk to her and just watch her from a distance, and suffer panic attacks every time I even attempt to say something to her?" Daniel asked wryly. "I was hoping to be a little less Daniely this year. I'm sick of being Daniely."

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 06:03 PM
"So I shoud... never talk to her and just watch her from a distance, and suffer panic attacks every time I even attempt to say something to her?" Daniel asked wryly. "I was hoping to be a little less Daniely this year. I'm sick of being Daniely."

Well...you were spending time with her a minute ago, right? Being Daniely seemed to work okay then. Or did I miss something? Well, new Daniely, I guess.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 06:05 PM
Well...you were spending time with her a minute ago, right? Being Daniely seemed to work okay then. Or did I miss something? Well, new Daniely, I guess.

"Well... yeah, I guess it worked. Sort of?" Daniel frowned. He normally wouldn't have spoken to Violet so casually, but she'd been dominating the conversation so all he'd been doing was reacting. Which was like him he supposed...

"Enough about me, I'm probably driving you crazy," Daniel admitted. "How was your Summer?"

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 06:18 PM
"Well... yeah, I guess it worked. Sort of?" Daniel frowned. He normally wouldn't have spoken to Violet so casually, but she'd been dominating the conversation so all he'd been doing was reacting. Which was like him he supposed...

"Enough about me, I'm probably driving you crazy," Daniel admitted. "How was your Summer?"

Oh the usual. "Something's eating people's faces, go kill it while I consult my books." At least you get go on dates, no matter how nervous they make you...me...I don't get to be so datey.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 06:21 PM
Oh the usual. "Something's eating people's faces, go kill it while I consult my books." At least you get go on dates, no matter how nervous they make you...me...I don't get to be so datey.

"You know you could just quit monster hunting," Daniel noted for what felt like the hundreth time. "Or at least cut back. Monster hunting isn't exactly something a high school student should be doing. And it's not something you can put on most resumes either."

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 06:26 PM
"You know you could just quit monster hunting," Daniel noted for what felt like the hundreth time. "Or at least cut back. Monster hunting isn't exactly something a high school student should be doing. And it's not something you can put on most resumes either."

...I tried that just once. The next day, I ran across the body of a young girl that got killed while I was out partying. Never again.

Buffy looked guilty now.

Illven
2015-03-04, 06:28 PM
"So when we weigh it, will it weigh as much as the magnesium we put in?"

Yes. Violet stated confidently. Well that, and the holder's weight.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 06:36 PM
Yes. Violet stated confidently. Well that, and the holder's weight.

"But the material in there, I mean. It's easy to say 'Oh yeah, mass is conserved,' but do you really think when we pour it on the scale, it will weigh the same?"

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 06:39 PM
...I tried that just once. The next day, I ran across the body of a young girl that got killed while I was out partying. Never again.

Buffy looked guilty now.

"Buffy, by that logic you shouldn't even go to class because you could use the time hunting things down," Daniel noted. "I get it was a traumatic experience - just like I got it the first dozen times you used that excuse - but there's a point where enough is enough."

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 06:44 PM
"Buffy, by that logic you shouldn't even go to class because you could use the time hunting things down," Daniel noted. "I get it was a traumatic experience - just like I got it the first dozen times you used that excuse - but there's a point where enough is enough."

Yeah, well. Maybe SpideyBuffy learned a bitter lesson about that whole great power comes great responsibility thing. Luckily, most things that hurt people do it at night.

Most things...

Illven
2015-03-04, 06:48 PM
"But the material in there, I mean. It's easy to say 'Oh yeah, mass is conserved,' but do you really think when we pour it on the scale, it will weigh the same?"

Yes..... Violet stated. Okay, why not?

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 06:51 PM
Yes..... Violet stated. Okay, why not?

"Did we weigh the oxygen before we did the experiment?"

Illven
2015-03-04, 06:56 PM
"Did we weigh the oxygen before we did the experiment?"

No.... Violet replied.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 07:07 PM
"Which is what I was getting at. We're going to mass the amount of oxygen indirectly by the change in the weight of the magnesium."

Illven
2015-03-04, 07:41 PM
"Which is what I was getting at. We're going to mass the amount of oxygen indirectly by the change in the weight of the magnesium."

Oh. Okay. Violet replied.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 08:02 PM
"So, saw you flirting with that guy earlier. What's he like?"

Illven
2015-03-04, 08:14 PM
"So, saw you flirting with that guy earlier. What's he like?"

He's sweet. But I kinda want to throw him into a sheer rock wall and yell out NERD! Not sure why. Violet comments shrugging.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 08:33 PM
He's sweet. But I kinda want to throw him into a sheer rock wall and yell out NERD! Not sure why. Violet comments shrugging.

"Is that so?" she replies, all humor and friendliness suddenly gone from her voice. "And why would that be appropriate?"

Illven
2015-03-04, 08:35 PM
"Is that so?" she replies, all humor and friendliness suddenly gone from her voice. "And why would that be appropriate?"

It's.... a joke. Violet replied. A reference. She replies.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 08:37 PM
"Ah, I missed it. You know I have trouble with cultural references." Emotion is taking its time to work back into her voice.

Illven
2015-03-04, 08:58 PM
"Ah, I missed it. You know I have trouble with cultural references." Emotion is taking its time to work back into her voice.

Sorry. Violet replied flushing.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 09:32 PM
Yeah, well. Maybe SpideyBuffy learned a bitter lesson about that whole great power comes great responsibility thing. Luckily, most things that hurt people do it at night.

Most things...

"Well Daniel Lane is getting tired of always getting in trouble that Super Buffy needs to swoop in and save her from," Daniel grumbled. "Seriously, I'm sick of being kidnapped. I should just wear a pink dress and a crown and embrace my true self as a damsel in distress at this point..."

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 09:59 PM
"Well Daniel Lane is getting tired of always getting in trouble that Super Buffy needs to swoop in and save her from," Daniel grumbled. "Seriously, I'm sick of being kidnapped. I should just wear a pink dress and a crown and embrace my true self as a damsel in distress at this point..."

Okay, now you're just selling yourself short. The only one who outfights you is Moriarty. And me. You're a lot stronger then you think you are.

Anubis Dread
2015-03-04, 10:02 PM
Okay, now you're just selling yourself short. The only one who outfights you is Moriarty. And me. You're a lot stronger then you think you are.

"That didn't stop me from being capture by those fishmen," Daniel remarks as he lights up their experiment. "Or those werewolves. Or the mummy, the insects, the other werewolves, the vampire, the other other werewolves, the wizard and even the chupacabra. The chupacabra didn't even have hands, how did it tie the ropes?!"

Let's see... weight before was x, weight after was y, done. "Look I just... worry okay? I know how dangerous this stuff is, and it seems like kids like us shouldn't handle it."

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 10:19 PM
Sorry. Violet replied flushing.

"I always wondered," she said, lowering her voice, "how you figured it out."

Illven
2015-03-04, 10:25 PM
"I always wondered," she said, lowering her voice, "how you figured it out."

Violet checks to make sure no one is listening
Well something seemed off, so when I brought it up to Mom, she mentioned how a girl in her class had that name, but she died. Some research and, yeah. Violet explains.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 10:37 PM
"Have you told anyone?"

Illven
2015-03-04, 10:58 PM
"Have you told anyone?"

Course not. Violet replied. I mean, besides mom of course. You should stop by. She wants to say hi.

Angelalex242
2015-03-04, 11:02 PM
"That didn't stop me from being capture by those fishmen," Daniel remarks as he lights up their experiment. "Or those werewolves. Or the mummy, the insects, the other werewolves, the vampire, the other other werewolves, the wizard and even the chupacabra. The chupacabra didn't even have hands, how did it tie the ropes?!"

Let's see... weight before was x, weight after was y, done. "Look I just... worry okay? I know how dangerous this stuff is, and it seems like kids like us shouldn't handle it."

Well...you're still here? Anyways, I don't really get a choice. It's...kinda the deal. If you weren't there, I'd have to do it anyway, it'd just be a lot lonelier.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 11:06 PM
Course not. Violet replied. I mean, besides mom of course. You should stop by. She wants to say hi.

"Why would she have any interest in me?"

Illven
2015-03-04, 11:12 PM
"Why would she have any interest in me?"

Don't think like that? Violet chided lightly.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 11:20 PM
"Well why would she want to see the girl who some bitch killed? I barely even remember her."

Illven
2015-03-04, 11:25 PM
"Well why would she want to see the girl who some bitch killed? I barely even remember her."

Because you were friends once, don't you remember. Violet asked.

Feel free to decide how much white washing Violet's mom is doing with that statment.

Whether it's alot of it, none at all. Wanting to let the dice decide.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 11:39 PM
"Oh... Huh, it's been so long..."

Illven
2015-03-04, 11:42 PM
"Oh... Huh, it's been so long..."

Violet nods in understanding.

You should come.

Esprit15
2015-03-04, 11:52 PM
"I'll think about it."

Anubis Dread
2015-03-05, 12:10 AM
Well...you're still here? Anyways, I don't really get a choice. It's...kinda the deal. If you weren't there, I'd have to do it anyway, it'd just be a lot lonelier.

"The deal for what? What did you get in exchange?" Daniel remarked. "Even if the scales are wildly out of whack you should get something in exchange for all of this... sorry, sorry, I'll drop it," he sighed.

Besides, he had other thing to take care of. All this talk of deals and monsters reminded him that he needed to find apostles for himself. But who would be most eligible. Idly writing in his book, Daniel looked over the class carefully.

Gazing into the Abyss to find someone emotionally vulnerable, alone and desperate. [roll0]

Angelalex242
2015-03-05, 12:26 AM
"The deal for what? What did you get in exchange?" Daniel remarked. "Even if the scales are wildly out of whack you should get something in exchange for all of this... sorry, sorry, I'll drop it," he sighed.

Besides, he had other thing to take care of. All this talk of deals and monsters reminded him that he needed to find apostles for himself. But who would be most eligible. Idly writing in his book, Daniel looked over the class carefully.

Gazing into the Abyss to find someone emotionally vulnerable, alone and desperate. [roll0]

...What do I get in exchange? Nothing, really, except lost social opportunities and long battles every night.

Well, saving lives felt good, at least, but she was in a complainy mood.

jamieth
2015-03-06, 02:31 AM
Moriarty

"Lisa, you O.K?"
He'd burnt himself trying to make the basic necessities (pizza, pizza rolls, wings, that sort of stuff) enough times to be probably more cautious than necessary around hot things.

"Quick, go get your hands under cold water in the sink till it stops hurting."

"Thanks... uh... why would cold water burn so much... but it's better now. I can still work... I'll just wrap my hand with a... oh... where's my handkerchief..."

Necroticplague
2015-03-07, 04:31 PM
Moriarty
"Thanks... uh... why would cold water burn so much... but it's better now. I can still work... I'll just wrap my hand with a... oh... where's my handkerchief..."

"Everything does when you're burnt. Here, use this."

He takes out a large rag (about dishcloth sized) out of his gym bag, before running it under the water and starting to wrap it around the girl's hand.

"Don't worry, I keep quite a few spares around." You never know when another small towel might come in handy. Wiping after sweat after working out, getting better leverage when pulling something, garroting someone who's distracted with Buffy, these things have tones of uses.