PDA

View Full Version : Creating a runescape pure as a D&D character.

Reprimand
2015-02-26, 02:56 PM
So I've posted about this once before about melee pures being converted into runescape characters.

Now I want to find a way to get a maxed pure made as a runescape character.

so like 75 attack 99 str 1 def 99 magic 99 range 52 prayer

Is there anyway to duplicate these kind of effects such as ice barrage from ancient magicks and so on?

The concept of a pure in all out offense with no stock in defense at all. You kill your opponent or die trying but at the same time I don't want to end up with a frenzied berserker

Can I get some help?

Zaq
2015-02-26, 04:50 PM
The cleanest example of "all offense, no defense" I can think of is a charger with Headlong Rush and Shock Trooper. Headlong Rush makes your charge attack(s) do double damage at the cost of provoking AoOs from everyone in your path, including your target; Shock Trooper lets you turn the attack penalty from Power Attack into an AC penalty. Then you tack on standard charge optimization (Pounce, Leap Attack, etc.) and end up with a total glass cannon.

ExLibrisMortis
2015-02-26, 06:00 PM
Well a true one defence pure uses (blasty) magic and melee, so a gish build with little defence seems in order. Which is a simple matter of trading away all your armour proficiencies, having low dexterity, constitution, wisdom, and saves, and not using any defensive buff spells. Of course in D&D, there is absolutely no reason to do something as stupid as that. Only the Wilderness tiering system made it attractive, not to mention that 'keep only one item on death' bit - which made equipment less attractive in general.