PDA

View Full Version : Regional feats

Wacky89
2015-02-26, 03:22 PM
I've heard from a buddy of mine that you can take regional feats with 2 ranks in the appropiate knowledge local.
Does any1 know which book it's from? I'm making a character for a new campaign and my GM wants a source.

Andry
2015-02-26, 08:53 PM
Player's Guide to Faerun.

Wacky89
2015-02-27, 04:17 AM
Player's Guide to Faerun.

Do you know what page I can find it on?

Zanos
2015-02-27, 05:18 AM
Do you know what page I can find it on?
My PGTF only has this to say about the knowledge(local) ranks:

The region system in this book limits each character to one and only one regional feat that must be selected at 1st level. This rule replaces the one on page 28 of the FORGOTTEN REALMS Campaign Setting that allows a character to learn another regional feat for each 2 ranks in Knowledge (local) she has. The regional feats presented herein are designed with the intent that a character has access to only one. Allowing a character to choose more than one may unbalance the system.

As far as the text in the player's guide reads, the rule that let you tank regional feats was explicitly removed.

The FRCS says this, for reference:

You may even learn feats from a new region altogether, whether or not you belong to an encouraged class for that region. After 1st level, each 2 ranks in Knowledge (local) pertaining to the new region you have allow you to select feats from a single region (other than your home region, if applicable).