PDA

View Full Version : Death Battle Live

Almarck
2015-02-26, 04:23 PM
So for those who don't know, there's going to be a live stream on Twitch for the new Samus versus Boba Fett Remastered DB.

Specifically it's tonight CST. 7:00

Note I am aware there's another Death Battle thread in the past 2 weeks but that thread was specifically about Gaara VS Toph, so to remove headaches let's keep the topic on Death Battle Live.

I for one am quite psyched and hope more events like this happen.

I do however understand not many people like the idea of Remastering but think of it this way, the original Death Battle is very dated, like... old NES dated.
Additionally, Samus probably gets some special treatment given she owns the Screw Attack.

Anyone else excited?

Kato
2015-02-27, 04:54 AM
Eh, missed it/probably couldn't watch it because time zones. But it's up on youtube already, so...

Yeah, it was pretty cool.
I guess some people are going to complain again - for various reasons - and I'd say it's again a fight that could have gone differently but it seems fine. I guess they only got Samus to use the Zero Suit mid battle because... two reasons... but it looked nice, especially the sword fight.

Not much else to say, really...
Except: Next time is going to be epic :smallbiggrin: (Now that I was made aware of Segata)

Yael
2015-02-27, 05:46 AM
It was actually pretty well made!

And the ending wasn't a surprise, Samus already beat Bobba before, he's a badass, but ZSS tho.

Killer Angel
2015-02-27, 07:11 AM
I guess some people are going to complain again - for various reasons - and I'd say it's again a fight that could have gone differently but it seems fine.

Isn't always so? :smallwink:

(aka: "my favourite character should have won!")

Kato
2015-02-27, 08:12 AM

I guess :smallbiggrin:
But then, there are fights were I'd say the winner was clear from the beginning. I'm not going to mention any, because... well, unnecessary discussions and all.

btw, I only read very little of the EU but... Boba trained Jaina? I... never knew that. Kind of makes me want to read more post-movie stuff... I'll see.

Almarck
2015-02-27, 10:41 AM
Wow soon as I go to sleep people start leaving comments when the video was over.

Well yeah. It was great to watch it all go down live, though I had terrible lag on some parts.anyways they only uploaded the death battle itself rather than the 1 hour long scene of Q&A, bonus footage and commentary. You'll have to go on Twitch archives for that.

let me just say we are glad that Ben stopped animating the script himself.

By the way, people are also saying there's a hint at for another future death battle, after the post - everything else on the live only show.

BWR
2015-02-27, 12:12 PM
I guess :smallbiggrin:
But then, there are fights were I'd say the winner was clear from the beginning. I'm not going to mention any, because... well, unnecessary discussions and all.

btw, I only read very little of the EU but... Boba trained Jaina? I... never knew that. Kind of makes me want to read more post-movie stuff... I'll see.

Spare yourself the pain of anything written by Karen Travis apart from Republic Commando: Hard Contact. Travis had a raging boner for Mandalorians, hated Jedi and basically had to ignore everything of established lore to rationalize the event.

golentan
2015-02-27, 12:40 PM

Sometimes they just get it wrong, though. Like, I agreed with the outcome of Batman vs. Captain America, but... not like that. Batman wins, but not like that.

I'm also not remotely convinced that Kirby wins vs. Majin Buu, or Luke Skywalker winning in a throwdown with Harry Potter (even though I like Luke more, I don't think he wins just because of shatterpoint: Shatterpoints used on living beings have reopened wounds but not completely gibbed people, so at worst the scar is bleeding again, and Harry unleashes some more hexes, and why is the lightsaber able to block them all again? Sectumsempra doesn't seem to have a physical manifestation to block).

Killer Angel
2015-02-27, 01:20 PM
Sometimes they just get it wrong, though. Like, I agreed with the outcome of Batman vs. Captain America, but... not like that. Batman wins, but not like that.

Fair point. I know we cannot have a "real" proof, but knowing the characters, they should apply the most credible tactic.

Almarck
2015-02-27, 01:22 PM
Kirby wins because he's faced beings of Buu's level numerous times and won is what Death Battle argues. Now, a case could be made about using a smarter form of Buu to outwit Kirby, but honestly, I feel that the battle should have ended with the Star Rod because it's effectively a bane weapon since Buu qualifies for getting affected by its special properties.

I do however question if Pop Star is Earth sized though... it's big certainly but... what? Did that measuring that work? I mean, how does using a level selection thing work?

It would help to see what their actual arguments are outside of the glitz and glamour. The fight depiction is an artist's redendition of all of the evidence they have gathered and concluded, but it doesn't always display the substance or factual information we as fans can observe and discuss.

Anyways, I find myself satisfied. I know Samus's weapon should have been a whip and not a lightsabre, but it is excusable given that whips are tricky to animate and it's a tribute to a legend.