PDA

View Full Version : Now Thats What I Call A Battering Ram: Homebrew Faun Race (5e)

FyreHeart
2015-02-26, 06:05 PM
So me and a friend got bored one day, and made a custom race for his world: fauns! We made more then that though (tanuki, tengu and yuan-ti are player races with some heavy modifying on some of them) but the fauns are a race near and dear to me.

Check them out on my blog and tell me what you think of, either on the blog page or in here. Or both!

https://brynvalk.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/thats-what-i-call-a-battering-ram-playable-faun-race-5th-ed/

And only now do I realize the repetition of words and spelling errors. Don't mind them for now, and I'll go and fix them ASAP. Also posting it here as well.
---

“You go into them woods, boy, I can’t assure you’ll come out the same person you were. The song of the denizens who live there, they’ll try to charm you into joining them in their raucous dances and hedonistic rituals. Don’t follow them goat-men, or you can count your sanity gone.”

Fauns are humanoid creatures who share the characteristics of the average human but the lower portions of a goat or a deer. Sly, wily and mischievous, these forest-dwellers are typically nomadic and take great enjoyment in innocent trickery. They delight in fine art as well, and are experts with finely crafted bows and arrows. If you find a flurry of arrows coming at you, chances are it is the work of fauns on a hunting expedition.

– Darkvision

– Speed 30
– Languages Sylvan and common

– Ability Score Increase: +1 Dex. All fauns, regardless of their environment, are nimble things that use this to get out of painful situations fast.

– Faun Weapon Training: You are proficient with short swords, blowguns and spears.

– Fae Legacy: As a Sylvan creature, the ancient ways of magic run through your veins. You gain access to the following spells at the correlating level. Charisma is your casting stat.

-Cantrip: Druidcraft

-Lvl 3- Moonbeam

-Lvl 5- Daylight

-Fae Ancestry: Due to your Sylvan blood, you have advantage on saving throws against being charmed by spells and/or spell-like effects and cannot be put to sleep through magical means.

– Faun Racial Sub Types: Not all fauns reside in the woods of the realm. You may choose between Mountain and Forest faun as your sub type.

MOUNTAIN

– Ability Score Increase: +2 Constitution.
– Sure Footed: As a creature born into the harsh rocky terrain, you have no penalty on rough or difficult terrain.
– Mountain Resilience: You have advantage on saving throws against poison and resistance on poison damage

FOREST
- Ability Score Increase: +2 Wisdom
- Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist and other natural phenomena.
- Forest Knowledge: Proficiency in Nature checks involving Herbalism or tracking animals.