PDA

View Full Version : Kids say the darndest things

danzibr
2015-02-26, 09:57 PM
Today at the dinner table, after I prepared a veritable feast (okay, hotdogs) for my wife and two children (son just turned 4, daughter almost turned 2), I had the idea to be a wise guy to my son.

Me: Son, what do you think hotdogs are made out of?
My son: Molecules.

I sat there dazed for a second and told him he was absolutely correct.

Lheticus
2015-02-26, 10:07 PM
That is quite possibly the only truly valid way to describe the actual contents of a hot dog. Edible molecules. XD

Ravens_cry
2015-02-26, 10:21 PM
That is quite possibly the only truly valid way to describe the actual contents of a hot dog. Edible molecules. XD
The kid has it more aright. :smalltongue:

SiuiS
2015-02-26, 11:42 PM
I asked my little girl when she was nuzzling her face into my leg if she was tired or just being cute, and without a pause whatsoever – not even long enough to reflect on what she just heard – she replied "bean cyoot!".

This is remarkable because she's ten months old and doesn't English.

danzibr
2015-02-27, 07:17 AM

The kid has it more aright. :smalltongue:
lol :P

I asked my little girl when she was nuzzling her face into my leg if she was tired or just being cute, and without a pause whatsoever – not even long enough to reflect on what she just heard – she replied "bean cyoot!".

This is remarkable because she's ten months old and doesn't English.
That is remarkable. My son would mimic sounds at an early age, but my daughter at almost 2 refuses to do so. I'll ask if she can say a word ans she'll say ``yup'' but won't ever say it.

JustSomeGuy
2015-02-27, 01:24 PM
Our 3 year old was grumpy once and created a very elaborate party (that i wasn't invited to, obviously). And we got it all on video!

http://youtu.be/9R7DD9NtJ-g

inexorabletruth
2015-03-09, 04:37 AM
My son, when he was 3 told me he loved me. I asked him if he loved mommy too and he said, "No. I don't love mommy. I love pancakes." Of course, my wife wise sitting right there, looking a little hurt, so I suppressed my urge to laugh and instead tried to reason with him.

"But mommy makes the pancakes," I retorted. My son opened his mouth to argue but stopped and thought for a second. "Ok," he responds. "I love mommy. Now let's eat pancakes!" he says, thrusting his little fist into the air like he'd just made a rousing political speech.

trueexciting
2015-03-09, 12:03 PM
Today at the dinner table, after I prepared a veritable feast (okay, hotdogs) for my wife and two children (son just turned 4, daughter almost turned 2), I had the idea to be a wise guy to my son.

Me: Son, what do you think hotdogs are made out of?
My son: Molecules.

I sat there dazed for a second and told him he was absolutely correct.

Remarkable dad. Always there to support his kids *slow clap* :smallbiggrin:

danzibr
2015-03-11, 03:01 PM
Our 3 year old was grumpy once and created a very elaborate party (that i wasn't invited to, obviously). And we got it all on video!

http://youtu.be/9R7DD9NtJ-g
Your daughter reminds me just of my son (only a girl, and British*).

My son, when he was 3 told me he loved me. I asked him if he loved mommy too and he said, "No. I don't love mommy. I love pancakes." Of course, my wife wise sitting right there, looking a little hurt, so I suppressed my urge to laugh and instead tried to reason with him.

"But mommy makes the pancakes," I retorted. My son opened his mouth to argue but stopped and thought for a second. "Ok," he responds. "I love mommy. Now let's eat pancakes!" he says, thrusting his little fist into the air like he'd just made a rousing political speech.
That, sir, is commendable. I no longer ask my son if he loves his mom due to negative responses in the past.

Remarkable dad. Always there to support his kids *slow clap* :smallbiggrin:
I wonder... is this referring to the ``veritable feast?'' Regardless, thank you.

*Sorry if that's the wrong word.

Traab
2015-03-12, 07:05 PM
Its a funny story now, but for my mom it was embarrassing because our stepdad is a former chef.

"So, is your mom a good cook?"

"Yup! She makes the best Kraft macaroni and cheese ever!"

KerfuffleMach2
2015-03-12, 07:46 PM
Once, when my youngest brother was...um...less than two, I think. He was talking, but he was still in a high chair...

Anyways, he was little, sitting in the high chair, playing with a couple dinosaurs. My mom was working on dinner. He was starting to demand that she hurry up. "I'm hungry! I want dinner!" After a while of this, my mom got a bit frustrated. She turned to him, and through clenched teeth, said "I'm making it!" He stares at her for a moment, then shakes his head a bit and holds up one of the toys. "No...dinosaur..." Basically, he blamed the dinosaur.