PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing a Vitalist

Wolfofmibu66
2015-02-27, 12:11 AM
So I understand that there is the Vitalist Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?222365-PF-Mental-Medicine-a-Vitalist-Handbook) to sort of work off when attempting to optimize a vitalist[PF], but I can't really use it as the information within is outdated and doesn't account for the advances made with the release of Ultimate Psionics.

My current vitalist is 6th level, bordering on 7th, being run through an adaptation of the emerald spire super dungeon[Pathfinder]. I enjoy playing the combat healer role, and just recently realized how broken i can be, as the new vitalist rules state that you can spont-manifest like a sorcerer, but can pick your abilities per day like a wizard. Also i realized that when I get access to Psychic reformation, I can essentially take a week of downtime and make any Psionic item that I desire, due to being able to reshuffle feats at any time to pick up/drop the crafting ones.

I've come to realize that some of the items in Ultimate Psionics are rather interesting, and it might be nice to create crawling tattoos of Resist Poison et al, but even with Psychic reformation I don't know how well those would work. From the descriptions, crawling tattoos are kinda weak.

Overall I'm a LE Soulthief method elan vitalist, currently packing some decent abilities, but lacking in specific gear/optimized equipment. I've been able to peruse the items in the aforementioned thread, and found that the Mender's Vestments are likely to be a good pickup, but I also had a question regarding creation. In the case of crafting a magic item, can I technically have the party member who already has the feats craft the item for me as long as I provide the necessary power? or do I have to get the creation feat myself?

So I guess the long and short of it is, does the forum have any advice on how to roll with an evil motivated life-drinking healer hell bent on getting to the deepest levels of an ancient azlanti super-dungeon?