PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder sneak attack boosts

kpumphre
2015-02-27, 12:31 PM
Hi I'm looking for a guide on sneak attack for pathfinder only found them for 3.5.

I have a 4th level rogue catfolk and just wanted some suggestions.

So far I have rogue talent ninja trick pressure point which makes my sneak attack do 1 point of str or dex damage. I could change my sneak attack to d8 because of my race and I use cat claws. But wanted to see if anything else cool I can do while still doing sneak attack damage.

Fouredged Sword
2015-02-27, 01:30 PM
Well, consider looking at the Sap adept and Sap Master feats. Claws do damage that is both B and S, so they qualify so long as you do non-lethal damage. Sap adept adds 2 to damage when using a non-lethal bashing sneak attack. Sap Master on the other hand, rolls each sneak attack die twice and takes BOTH rolls.

kpumphre
2015-02-27, 02:01 PM
Like the idea but nonlethal damage would cost me a -4 to hit. For a nonlethal build or one who finishes creatures after knocking.them.out great idea though.

Huh I thought claws were only slashing. But I'm it if feats right now I have weapon focus claws, weapon fitness, black cat, and the one that turns my claw damage in to d6 instead of d4.

I have a good party that really works on flanking so getting sneak attack isn't to hard. I figured anything that provides a bonus add on when I do damage would be helpful. My a.c. is all ready the highest in the party so not looking to boost it. More just status effect to bad guys. That or a guide on sneak attack. My Google fu failed at finding it.

Fouredged Sword
2015-02-27, 02:10 PM
You get them an item to grant the merciful enchantment. An amulet of natural attacks (+1 merciful) adds 1d6 damage and turns it all to non-lethal. Not great in of itself, but it can be used to turn 10d6 sneak attack into 20d6+40.

kpumphre
2015-02-27, 02:14 PM
Your right that's pretty strongest right there. Not sure how you got +40 but it's a good idea. Just out of my reach for now no extra feats

Fouredged Sword
2015-02-27, 02:44 PM
Sap adept adds +2 damage for each sneak attack die. Sap master double the number of die rolls. 20*2=40.