PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Feats for a power attacking charger?

Corwin_of_Amber
2015-02-27, 01:59 PM
I'm looking for PF equivalents of things like Leap Attack or Shock Trooper. What feats exist in Pf for a two-handed power attack charger?

kpumphre
2015-02-27, 02:04 PM
Well race catfolk have a bunch. Racial trait grants you +10 to ur speed when u charge. Another feat takes away the a.c. penalty, and they get pounce at +10 bab

Can you be a bit more specific for what type of charger. Barbarians gain pounce with a certain totem. Rogue archetype gives you sneak attack when you charge someone.

Corwin_of_Amber
2015-02-27, 04:27 PM
Well race catfolk have a bunch. Racial trait grants you +10 to ur speed when u charge. Another feat takes away the a.c. penalty, and they get pounce at +10 bab

Can you be a bit more specific for what type of charger. Barbarians gain pounce with a certain totem. Rogue archetype gives you sneak attack when you charge someone.

Well, the character I plan on using is going to be a Slayer (probably kitsune or catfolk to gain one of their pounce abilities). However, I am just wondering about feats in general for two handed power attack characters to simply increase my PF knowledge base.

deuxhero
2015-02-27, 04:50 PM
If you get pounce Rhino's Rush could be worth 2 feats, though not for its intended purpose (Ready your charge for as soon as your turn ends. Then it's effectively full attack from a standard action, but you have to use your move/swift first or lose them)

Arbane
2015-02-27, 04:51 PM
Furious Focus lets you ignore the Power Attack to-hit penalty on your first attack of the round. (I like it, some folks think it's a waste of a feat.)

Cornugon Smash gives you a chance to intimidate anyone you hit with a Power Attack
Hurtful gives you a swift-action attack when you intimidate someone in melee range.

Corwin_of_Amber
2015-02-28, 02:28 PM
Furious Focus lets you ignore the Power Attack to-hit penalty on your first attack of the round. (I like it, some folks think it's a waste of a feat.)

Cornugon Smash gives you a chance to intimidate anyone you hit with a Power Attack
Hurtful gives you a swift-action attack when you intimidate someone in melee range.

That seems like a nice combo, but relying on intimidate makes it a bit situational.

Is there anything that increases PA outputs?

Doc_Maynot
2015-02-28, 02:55 PM
If it wasn't for the pounce inclusion, I'd have to recommend the Vital Strike chain.

gartius
2015-03-01, 09:55 AM
Tiger pounce applies the penalty to power attack to ac a la shocktrooper, however the feat line is very intensive.

the best build for a charger is a barbarian with the mounted fury archetype, as you can then use a mount combined with lance & pounce for large damage.