PDA

View Full Version : Lost mines with 6 players

Spacehamster
2015-02-27, 03:38 PM
So Im DM in the lost mines of phlander or however its typed and in this session almost all
in my gaming group could come so Im wondering how much more monsters to add to each
encounter since they are 2 more then the reccomended amount of players? 2-3 monsters more or so?
Want it to be decently challenging for them but not really any big risk of wipes unless they have legendary
unluck. :)

GWJ_DanyBoy
2015-02-27, 03:43 PM
Use the encounter guide in the free DM rules to adjust the number of enemies. For small enemies you might need to add as many as 7 or 8. For larger enemies you may need to add minions to keep it challenging.

Kryx
2015-02-27, 03:43 PM
I ran it with 5-6 people and it was quite challenging. Lots of early troubles (re: deaths). I would suggest running it as written in most cases - besides maybe the dragon (I added wyrmlings since they fought it at 5).

Spacehamster
2015-02-27, 05:29 PM
I ran it with 5-6 people and it was quite challenging. Lots of early troubles (re: deaths). I would suggest running it as written in most cases - besides maybe the dragon (I added wyrmlings since they fought it at 5).

Did you use point buy for your players stats? we use rolled and everyone managed to roll amazing stats. Only had 1 PC near death. And we were 4 players that
session.

Kryx
2015-02-27, 06:39 PM
Did you use point buy for your players stats? we use rolled and everyone managed to roll amazing stats. Only had 1 PC near death. And we were 4 players that
session.
Point buy, yes.

There are many accounts out there that talk about the deadliness of LMoP.