PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Fighter Class help

Vexic
2015-02-27, 04:51 PM
HI I am a novice to pathfinder and need some character build advice

I am staring a campaign at lv 18 and I don't know how to build and play a fighter properly.

I like to play broken/overpowered characters. I would like this fighter to be a uber dps. I suppose that means specializing in Crit.

So far my DM says I have to play a half-orc and use fist weapons.

Any help would be most appreciated and to know how to play the build. One tip is my DM doesn't know any builds of pathfinder, so any fighter builds that are out there that are commonly band he won't know about and as such won't.

Feel free to add any other class if it makes the build better.

P.S. I know that I will be getting the deck of many things, Does anyone no a way to abuse it. DM says if we can out smart him he will allow it.

bloodystone2
2015-02-27, 06:22 PM
Alright, do this. Make a generic half orc, doesn't matter stats or anything. Keep pulling out of the deck of many things (and give it away) to the point that your character dies. Then, reroll a better character.

You did play the half orc fighter who uses his fists, after all.

ZamielVanWeber
2015-02-27, 06:30 PM
How to abuse a Deck of Many Things: draw a card. That thing is ridiculously game warping. I once did two draws and got Sun and Comet in that order, making it for a total of two levelups in a play session. My friend got imprisoned.

Why is he mandating a half-orc fighter who uses his fists? Did he justify this very silly restriction?

Also crit is not a good away to go and I have pulled it off twice:
Once as a paladin/Crusader of Raziel where my smites auto-crit on a threat and once using Disciple of Dispater. Neither of these things are Pathfinder and neither works with a half-orc fighter using his fists. High DPS is all about stacking multipliers.

Vexic
2015-03-08, 02:04 PM
I played a D&D campaign (which was my very first) and played a half orc monk because I took his advise. This was his first time DMing. We never finished that campaign and now he is into pathfinder and wants to finish it. Since its a conclusion to the previous he is requiring that we keep the old characters and weapons (because he already rolled them up). He is only allowing class switches because one of his characters is a class he hates. So he is allowing only class switches.

General Sajaru
2015-03-08, 02:27 PM
If you're going to go the fists route, why not play as a monk? Otherwise, and I'm not as familiar with PF as 3.5, try going with a two-weapon fighting build (I found a suggestion for one here (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mlsh?Two-weapon-fighting-and-just-unarmed-strikes)).

Zweisteine
2015-03-08, 03:25 PM
If you're going to go the fists route, why not play as a monk? Otherwise, and I'm not as familiar with PF as 3.5, try going with a two-weapon fighting build (I found a suggestion for one here (http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mlsh?Two-weapon-fighting-and-just-unarmed-strikes)).

Or multiclass fighter and monk.

There's a fighter archetype that improves unarmed fighting, I think. It might be redundant for a monk, though.

For monk, the Qinggong archetype is widely advised, if I have interpreted what little I have read about PF monks correctly.

But in all honesty? Try to switch to a much more different class. If you want broken, neither monk nor fighter are the way to go.

GreyBlack
2015-03-09, 06:39 AM
Unarmed fighter variant archetype?

Otherwise, I would try to justify a switch into Warpriest. Overall better class with a sweet unarmed variant. Alternatively, because you're going fists route, Brawler may be what you're looking for.

Sacrieur
2015-03-09, 06:51 AM
Unarmed barbarian? That seems way neat.

atemu1234
2015-03-09, 06:52 AM

Don't go full monk. That's a given. I mean, the best we can hope for here is the DM will allow Path of War, and he can be a Fighter 2 / Monk 2 / Any PoW Class 16. Simple, effective, and technically a fighter who uses his fists.