PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Help to build a Social Life Cleric

Vrikolaka
2015-02-28, 03:25 AM
Welp. I'm kinda new on D&D 5e, and my game just changed the system for D&D 5e. I was playing a Cleric of Peace, on the setting of my friend, and wanna continue with her.

She's a Half-Elf, and the most closest Domain on cleric to Peace, is Life Domain. Not that I bother. And, welp, I need a bit of help to build her.

I'm on Level 3, and she's the social char of the party. Half-elf is pretty amazing for social builds, I see, and we'll use 15/14/13/12/10/08 for the stats. I did put 08 on strenght, and 14 on Charisma (We have an War Cleric — yes, a War Cleric and a Peace Cleric working together... XD — so I don't need to focus on combat; I'm focusing right now on buff/healing/social, because that is what my party lacks), and I'm good to go, I think.

But my answer is:
Is there a way to build a Social Cleric, on the course of 20 levels? I don't know what I can focus further. What feats can I pick, what stats Do I Need to improve (Wisdom is obvious, of course, but I need more Cha, or 16 cha is good enough?)? What spells are good?

Thanks for the Help!
Oh, yes, sorry about my bad english, is not my first language, and I don't usually write on that language XD

Yenek
2015-02-28, 07:23 AM
What are your skill proficiencies? You'll need Diplomacy, Deception and Insight to do things reliably.
For now, you need either 1 level of Rouge or 3 levels of Bard for Expertise. Give Expertise to Diplomacy and Insight.
Things to do:
Must have:
Expertise in Diplomacy
Expertise in Insight
one Ability Score Increase in Charisma (score: 18)
one Ability Score Increase in Wisdom (score: 18)
Suggestion (2nd level Bard/Sorcerer/Warlock Spell)
Charm Person (1st level Bard/Warlock Spell)
Bless (you already have it. Cast it when on youself when important conversations come up)
Calm Emotions (2nd level Cleric Spell)
Enhance Ability: Eagle's Splendor/Owl's Wisdom (already known)

Nice to have:
Antipathy/Sympathy (8th Level spell)
Animal Freindship (1st level Bard spell)
Speak with Animals (1st level Bard spell)
Comprehend Languages (1st level Bard Spell)
Dominate Spell line
Glibness (8th level Bard spell) (requires 15 Bard levels!!!)
Second Ability Score Increase in Charisma (score: 20)
Second Ability Score Increase in Wisdom (score: 20)

You'll be looking at a bonus of +11/+12 to the expertise rolls at level 10, +16+17 at level 20. Even at Cleric 3/Bard 3, 16 Wis/16 Cha that's a bonus of +9 to Diplomacy/Insight rolls - you'll only need one Bless and to take 10 to make a DC 20 check.

Vrikolaka
2015-02-28, 11:17 AM
My Skill Proficiencies are:
Cleric: Persuasion, Medicine
Background: Religion, Insight (Acolyte)
Half-Elf: Investigation, History

Without multi-class (i was not thinking about Multi-classing, wanna be a Cleric 20), I can make good things with it, with your explanation. Rogue for a not-combative character is completely insane, even with the benefits of social. The 3 Bard Levels is kinda nice, though.

Yenek
2015-02-28, 01:59 PM
Thing is, Expertise is insanely good if you want to maximise skills. A Rogue with max dex and Expertise in Acrobatics needs only roll a 13 to balance on a needle tip or walk on clouds, for example.
With Expertise in Persuation, Eagle's Splendor and max Cha @ lvl 20, you have 64% chance to cause Asmodeus' wings to sprout feathers as he turns (back) into an angel. Thow Bless in the mix, and that becomes 77,44%. Without expertise - that's a roll of 19 you need, and a non-insignifact chance (and more importantly, inability to take 10) to fail a DC 25 check (Just over 1/3 with Splendor, just under 1/4 with Splendor and Bless)
So:

Chances, rounded to ,01%
Expertise
No Expertise

Impossible task
40%
10%

Impossible task w/ Splendor
64%
19%

Impossible task w/ Splendor & Bless
77,44%
39,94%

Very Hard task
65%
35%

Very Hard task w/ Splendor
87.75%
57.75%

Very Hard task w/ Splendor & Bless
94.94%
72.44%

Yenek
2015-02-28, 03:04 PM
You sacrifice access to 9th-level Cleric spells, sure. You still have your 9th-level spell slots.
Mass Cure Wounds vs Mass Heal:
-7d8+16 for up to six allies vs. 700. MH clearly wins there.
-You still have decent chances to heal 40-50 HP for each ally.
Resurrection vs True Resurrection:
- The target can have been dead for another century.
- The target doesn't suffer 4 days from resurrection sickness.
- The target's body can have been destroyed.
- 24kgp more worth of diamonds.
Resurrection is sufficent in case the body weren't destroyed. If Intellect Devourers ate someone's brain, you can use the 7th-level spell and they're back!
Plane Shift vs Gate
The main benefit is incearesed Precision. You can also use Gate to draw forth a comrade banished with Plane Shift, but deities, archdevils etc might interfere and block Gate - but not Plane Shift.

Or you just sacrifice your fifth ASI and still get Mass Heal at level 20. Four are sufficient to max out WIS and CHA both:
WIS=15+1+2+2=20
CHA=14+2+2+2=20

roll4init
2015-03-01, 04:18 PM
Ask your dm if he would allow expertise as a feat. I would allow it rather than have everyone dip a level of rogue.