PDA

View Full Version : Where to Hide a Dagger...

JellyPooga
2007-04-08, 09:39 AM
After posting my Favvy weapon on the 'Favvy RP Weapon' thread, I gots to thinkin' about my favvy weapon again...the dagger (I haven't really played a character that uses them extensively for a while...been exploring other options).

As I said in that thread, my preferred number to carry is 12 (don't ask why...I don't really know) and I was thinking about where one could feasibly carry all those knives. Here's my list so far:

1) Left Boot
2) Right Boot
3) Thigh sheath (right)
4) Belt sheath (left)
5) Right sleeve
6) Left sleeve
7) Neck
8) Bandoleer (Throwing Knife)
9) Bandoleer (Throwing Knife)
10) Bandoleer (Throwing Knife)
11) Bandoleer (Thorwing Knife)
12) Abdomen (most concealed...use only in emergency)

I was wondering where else would be a reasonable place to carry a Knife/Dagger (in addition to OR instead of the above).

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-04-08, 09:44 AM
Cover a lot of your body in nooks and crannies via clothing. Small pieces of armor here and there, lots of otherwise unecessary belts, probably a cloak to hide it all more, etc. Now, start placing daggers around your body at random, since you can load them virtually anywhere.

Warning: A smart gaoler, after witnessing you pulling these things out in a fight, will probably make you strip down entirely before entering jail when he realizes that you could be hiding these things anywhere.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-04-08, 09:49 AM
Dagger vest, wrist sheathe, hollow boot, concealed knee and sleeve blades, within a hidden pocket on the inside of a cloak...

martyboy74
2007-04-08, 09:49 AM
Wear the same outfit that the iconic sorcerer does. Problem solved.

JellyPooga
2007-04-08, 09:50 AM
I'd forgotten about cloak...there's a good 4 spaces there at least.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-04-08, 09:54 AM
Wear the same outfit that the iconic sorcerer does. Problem solved.
Seven hundred belts and a piece of cloth the size of a dinner napkin?

martyboy74
2007-04-08, 09:57 AM

Exactly. Even if you hide the daggers under the belts, no one will want to touch you.

TomTheRat
2007-04-08, 10:15 AM

Lulu?

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-04-08, 10:21 AM
You could always just not wear black belts. They come in other, non-gothy-emo colors :P

Cult_of_the_Raven
2007-04-08, 10:25 AM
create a false pot-belly. you could get like five of them in there!

JellyPooga
2007-04-08, 10:28 AM
I suppose you could have deconstructable daggers concealed as jewellery. Have to be very good craftsmanship to do be able to do that though (and still be a viable weapon)...

Or is that just a silly idea?

Fhaolan
2007-04-08, 10:38 AM
In RL, one common place of carrying a dagger is on your belt, across your back.

If you allow for small knives as well, it opens up several places. For example, your belt-buckle could in fact be a concealed knife. [As a DM, I added 'knife' to the weapon list, referring to these small but still usable knives. They have the same stats as a Small dagger. Had to do this because technically a Small dagger is unusable by Medium characters.]

Maroon
2007-04-08, 12:08 PM
Headwear. Preferably a nice, big turban, but top hats work too (be sure to get one with razors in the brim, though, in case you run out of knives).

DaMullet
2007-04-08, 12:23 PM
I'm always in favor of having long braided hair, and hiding a dagger in each braid. Likewise with one's beard, if it's bushy enough.

Be a halfling in a robot shaped like a human, and just keep them in your limb extensions.

Ever Phasm
2007-04-08, 12:31 PM
See complete scoundrel for hidden blades built in to boots, elbows, knees. Also, my favorite place for a dagger is a pouch under a shoulder pad.

jlousivy
2007-04-08, 12:44 PM
Who says you need to HIDE them? be like the master thrower in CW and make yourself some spiked leather armour :-)

Falrin
2007-04-08, 02:12 PM
Get one Shrinked.

Roderick_BR
2007-04-08, 03:23 PM
You can use to Storage Gloves too, to have 2 more daggers literally in the palm of your hands.

Emperor Tippy
2007-04-08, 04:31 PM
Let's see.

1) In the sole of your left boot
2) Standing vertical and going from above your ankle down into the sole of your left boot, inside the back heel of the boot
3) In the sole of your right boot
4) Standing vertical and going from above your ankle down into the sole of your right boot, inside the back heel of the boot
5) Left hand thigh sheath
6) Right hand thigh sheath
7) Left hand belt sheath
8) Right hand belt sheath
9) Hanging from your neck (inside your shirt)
10) In your belt at the small of your back
11) Left hand forearm sheath
12) Right hand for arm sheath
13) Left hand upper arm sheath
14) Right hand upper arm sheath

Now get a custom made shirt that when turned inside out has 5 padded dagger sheaths at chest height. You can store 5 more daggers in here and if the shirt is padded right no one will notice.

Gloves of storing can get you 2 more.

If yo use the cloth option from Shrink you can get hundreds that way.

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-04-08, 04:32 PM
My favorite actually requires DM-fiat a bit. Build yourself a tunic, pair of pants, and a cloak lined with hidden flaps that lead to bags of holding. Now you can carry thousands of daggers on you at all times.

goat
2007-04-08, 04:48 PM
Thing is, if you shrink them, do you give them all the same command word, or do you run the risk of them all expanding when you only want one...

AngelSword
2007-04-08, 04:50 PM
Favorite place to hide a dagger? How about in the backs of my enemies? Does that count?

PnP Fan
2007-04-08, 05:11 PM
hmmmmm. . .
inner/outer thighs (underneath loose fitting clothing)
centerline of your back, towards the base of your spine, where things aren't so bendy.
oh. . and of course, underneath your trenchcoat! If that Highlander fellow can stash a katana there, I'm sure you can fit at least one dagger there. :-)

the_tick_rules
2007-04-08, 05:23 PM
is your character a woman, that would open up the clevage option.

Wooter
2007-04-08, 05:38 PM
Taped between your buttcheeks.

martyboy74
2007-04-08, 05:39 PM
Taped between your buttcheeks.

That's either a slow draw, or an extremely painful one.

Wooter
2007-04-08, 05:46 PM
That's either a slow draw, or an extremely painful one.

You tape the sheath there, and the dagger rests in the sheath. There shall be no blade-on-butt contact.

the_tick_rules
2007-04-08, 05:49 PM
sneak attack with a stinky dagger huh?

martyboy74
2007-04-08, 05:53 PM
You tape the sheath there, and the dagger rests in the sheath. There shall be no blade-on-butt contact.

You could probably fit more in without the sheath. Plus, then you get free poison. :smallamused:

Kantolin
2007-04-08, 06:12 PM
I think on the inside of one's shorts, preferably on the outer edge of either thigh, is one of the better places to hide a knife insofar as 'when I lose the remainder of my gear'.

People are likely to take your armour and backpack, maybe even your shirt and boots. Hardly anyone will take the half-orc's pants. Or check them.

Seffbasilisk
2007-04-08, 07:48 PM
There's a 3rd level Assassin spell, Absorb weapon. Hide it anywhere then. My favorite? Absorb it in on your upper arm, opposite side of the bicept. This way you're just scratching, and then you hurl a dagger.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-04-08, 08:37 PM
Hardly anyone will take the half-orc's pants. Or check them.
Actually, the "party" actually once took my fullblood orc character's pants.

AND THEN TRIED TO PITON HIS BALLS TO THE WALL.

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-04-08, 08:46 PM
Well, there's always 'nature's pocket', per things we're not allowed to do anymore.

The_Werebear
2007-04-08, 08:51 PM
...Suppository?

Viscount Einstrauss
2007-04-08, 09:26 PM
"The way your dad looked at it, this dagger was your birthright. He'd be damned if any orcs was gonna put their greasy, orange hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it in the one place he knew he could hide something- his ass."

Variable Arcana
2007-04-08, 09:29 PM
- small of the back
- belt-buckle
- built into the soles of your boots

Of course, you could also take a level of Psychic Warrior, and learn Call Weaponry... or a level or two of Soulknife... and then never worry about finding yourself disarmed ever again.

Arbitrarity
2007-04-08, 09:32 PM
Take the famed cloak of 300 pockets.

It's a cloak, with hidden pockets (CScoundrel). LOTS of hidden pockets. A new favorite of rogues in our group.

Kel_Arath
2007-04-08, 09:34 PM
wrists, fore arms, upper arms (looks like your huggin yourself when drawn!), back of thighs

Latronis
2007-04-09, 05:57 AM
I like the Armpit dagger myself

but it depends how big these daggers are you fit them just about anywhere.

How many of them you got hidden?

How many do you need?

Shadow of the Sun
2007-04-09, 06:04 AM
Because I am wierd, I was actually thinking of cutting part of the soles of my shoes off and hiding switchblades in them. I would make a mechanism so that they release when I click my heels.

That said, if I had enough and I wanted too, I could fit about 50 daggers on my body at any one time. Mainly because i would sew pockets to the inside of my clothes.

Latronis
2007-04-09, 07:16 AM
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5194/daggerseverywherexj0.jpg

anphorus
2007-04-09, 10:54 AM
There's a 3rd level Assassin spell, Absorb weapon. Hide it anywhere then. My favorite? Absorb it in on your upper arm, opposite side of the bicept. This way you're just scratching, and then you hurl a dagger.

Can you make the daggers leave your body at speed? Because then you could hide them in your hands and just point like a gun at your enimeies, say "Bang" and they wind up with the ol' knife-in-the-eye.