PDA

View Full Version : Optimization The Droplomancer: Basically I grab people and jump off a cliff.

Jormengand
2015-02-28, 11:56 AM
So, I have an idea for a build. Because I'm probably not as good an optimiser as you, I need your advice.

The idea is this:

- The character does not use magic or psionics (Spells, powers, Sp or Ps or Su abilities) of their own, and only uses items that do not require magical skill (UMD/UPD/Truespeak) to use - for example, a Ring of Feather Falling may be necessary, as may a greater ring of jumping, but no truespeak scrolls of reversed seek the sky. If they need to, they can buy spells as per goods and services, but they may not require this for each battle.
- Similarly, they can use charged items to set up the build, but it shouldn't be costing you money to fight.
- The character must be able to combat methods of flight which are to be expected at their levels, and preferably fight ethereal and incorporeal opponents when they come up.
- Last but anything but least: The character must defeat all their opponents with fall damage.

I'm thinking of someone who carries a greater ring of jumping and a ring of feather falling, and grapples people (regardless of their height) before unceremoniously jumping off a cliff, but I want to see if you have any better ideas.

FocusWolf413
2015-02-28, 11:57 AM
My gut says a setting sun swordsage. It's all Ex because it comes from the skill of the swordsage, not from any special ritual.

thethird
2015-02-28, 12:05 PM
There is a handbook (http://community.wizards.com/forum/previous-editions-character-optimization/threads/1659301) on the matter.

Chronos
2015-02-28, 01:18 PM
I think the hardest part is going to be guaranteeing that there's always a cliff around when you need one.