PDA

View Full Version : Waht to Buy With 300K

Leathros
2015-02-28, 02:34 PM
So In the last game we kinda got loot equivalent to 300k GP, and we are wondering what we should spend a great portion on the money in.

Since clearly gearing ourselves up will kinda break the table, I'm inclined to buy something like a casstle, or something like that.

What do you guys think?

BaronDoctor
2015-02-28, 04:01 PM
Get a magic fridge (extradimensional space, kept cool, for things like food preservation; how many people in D&D eat ice cream?). Rig up a house in your home base town as a fortress. Set up an alchemy lab in the basement, properly vented and such. Buy a sailing ship (more likely than a castle: those things are expensive!)
Alternatively, grab some of the more obscure and less-used toys. The lobster tank (apparatus of like kwalish or something). Decanter of Endless Water. Flying carpet. Find things that you would normally never use because they're too much money for what they do...and use them. Go wide with your wealth and increase people's versatility. Or do something ridiculous and fun without brutally overpowering things.
I mean, if you don't want to go crazy with power doesn't mean you can't go crazy with wealth.

PsyBomb
2015-02-28, 05:34 PM
So In the last game we kinda got loot equivalent to 300k GP, and we are wondering what we should spend a great portion on the money in.

Since clearly gearing ourselves up will kinda break the table, I'm inclined to buy something like a casstle, or something like that.

What do you guys think?

How many people are splitting this? What level group are we talking about? What is the party composition? What form did the loot come in? The more detail you give, the better we can help.

300k GP is enough to turn one player into nigh-demigod status. There is a LOT we can do with the details

golentan
2015-02-28, 05:37 PM
Airship if you don't have one already, trick it out with every gadget you ever wanted.

Leathros
2015-02-28, 05:51 PM
How many people are splitting this? What level group are we talking about? What is the party composition? What form did the loot come in? The more detail you give, the better we can help.

300k GP is enough to turn one player into nigh-demigod status. There is a LOT we can do with the details

There's currently only 2 of us alive, and we are not "splitting" if we are going to buy something big. We are very well geared, we have 285K in precious gems, and I'd say 50k more in gear that we will not use.

We are 3 players, a Swift Ambusher (me) a Monk and a Wizard, 3 of us are small characters, that makes the fun.

Lvl 12 so far

johnbragg
2015-02-28, 05:59 PM
There's currently only 2 of us alive, and we are not "splitting" if we are going to buy something big. We are very well geared, we have 285K in precious gems, and I'd say 50k more in gear that we will not use.

We are 3 players, a Swift Ambusher (me) a Monk and a Wizard, 3 of us are small characters, that makes the fun.

Lvl 12 so far

In that case, riding dog-shaped clay golems. Done.

Leathros
2015-02-28, 06:03 PM
We are looking for something kinda not too crazy, but useful, like, buying a bar, or something like that, but that looks just too cheap

Ravens_cry
2015-02-28, 06:09 PM
You could by a +54 skill item and have 8400gp left over?

golentan
2015-02-28, 06:11 PM
We are looking for something kinda not too crazy, but useful, like, buying a bar, or something like that, but that looks just too cheap

Airship. You can use it to travel, conduct trade, you can fit it with all sorts of mundane comforts, you can use it to win wars...

PsyBomb
2015-02-28, 06:21 PM
Start with a True Rez for your dead member :)

A decent country estate will take less than half that sum, plus workers. Good home base, and the wiz can make it nearly impregnable at this level.

Some standard gear plus a small library of spells and you're in the ballpark.

Deophaun
2015-02-28, 06:32 PM
You could by a +54 skill item and have 8400gp left over?
A +54 item would cost 2,916,000.

People always forget about multiplying by 10 for Epic items...

Ravens_cry
2015-02-28, 06:36 PM
A +54 item would cost 2,916,000.

People always forget about multiplying by 10 for Epic items...
*checks rules* Well fudge. Honestly, it seems kind of odd that a +30 item would cost 90,000 gp, but a +31 961,000.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2015-03-01, 01:20 AM
Try to get everyone the necessary items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items), and get the party a Shax's Indispensable Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-%28Equipment-Handbook%29).

LooseCannoneer
2015-03-01, 02:16 AM
Use the item creation rules to get yourself a ring of wish whatever/day. Its legal and OP to no end!

Crake
2015-03-01, 05:07 AM
*checks rules* Well fudge. Honestly, it seems kind of odd that a +30 item would cost 90,000 gp, but a +31 961,000.

Don't forget the character with the necessary 54 ranks in the item needed to make it.

Rubik
2015-03-01, 06:22 AM
Three psychoactive skins of proteus. 84k each for Metamorphosis at will. That'll eat up a large chunk of it, and those things are really useful. Spend the rest on mental ability score items and wands.

M Placeholder
2015-03-01, 06:43 AM
Whoa, lets go back a bit

Lvl 12 so far

What is a Monk going to spend 100k on? Booze and hookers?

So, that is in effect 150k for both of you.

As you were.......

Rubik
2015-03-01, 08:36 AM
What is a Monk going to spend 100k on? Booze and hookers? Actually, you should spend it on the monk. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15474863#post15474863)

He's gonna need it.

ericgrau
2015-03-01, 09:59 AM
Utility magic items are a thought. Overcome annoying obstacles without totally dominating all other encounters. I say everybody flies. None of this discount use/day stuff just for overcoming aerial foes. Rather 3 custom 24 hour items and that's how your party travels everywhere for now on. Enter towns of commoners in the sky, showing that the true heroes have arrived. Only 60,000 gp a person (5*3*2000*2 gp). So you can do more. And it's not broken at all; there are similar existing items. Perhaps you could come up with standard issue ironman suits shirts for all party members with a variety of standard utility. Permanent see invisibility comes to mind next, then maybe minor RP stuff.

Rubik
2015-03-01, 10:15 AM
Utility magic items are a thought. Overcome annoying obstacles without totally dominating all other encounters. I say everybody flies. None of this discount use/day stuff just for overcoming aerial foes. Rather 3 custom 24 hour items and that's how your party travels everywhere for now on. Enter towns of commoners in the sky, showing that the true heroes have arrived. Only 60,000 gp a person (5*3*2000*2 gp). So you can do more. And it's not broken at all; there are similar existing items. Perhaps you could come up with standard issue ironman suits shirts for all party members with a variety of standard utility. Permanent see invisibility comes to mind next, then maybe minor RP stuff.To be fair, I think my idea with the psychoactive skins would probably give their group the absolute best possible utility available for the cost. 84k would grant you all the mundane movement modes, adjustable physical ability scores, fluctuating types and subtypes (along with all the benefits thereof, such as fire immunity for the [fire] subtype, for example), fluctuating size bonuses, the ability to breathe underwater, bonuses to natural armor, a constant source of healing, racial bonus feats at will (strongheart halfling = choose your own racial feat), and a whole toolbox's worth of object forms to use at will.

And if the party can somehow manage to nab themselves an ally of the construct type, just think about how useful having a shapeshifting friend who can turn into any animated object you can think of could be.

Leathros
2015-03-01, 01:08 PM
For what I can see the only Psychoactive Skin that seems good enough is the "Hero" one, which will give me +3 to AC, TS, and Attack Bonuses.

But I find it rather expensive, we can get the same with lower price items.

In regards of the "Items you need" Post, that's excelente, we'll sure take some of those!

What we really need, is an item that would give each one of us a TS reroll, or a negate spell of any lvl, so what happened the other night never happens again.